• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling Error while trying to compile and start the ots Tfs 0.36

Merlase

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I have an error on my server which I am trying to resolve for the last 4 days, but after many hours of searching and trying to fixing it on my own I can't find an solution, and I am slowly losing an idea what can I do to fix the problem, that's why I am asking here.

I am using The Forgotten Server 0.36, Tibia 8.54, Linux Debian 8 stable (Jessie) 64 bit.
When I am trying to compile my server with command "make"(It was working on our old server) I am getting the following error:
Code:
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/source'
g++ -I/usr/include/libxml2  -I/usr/include/lua5.1   -D__USE_MYSQL__      -D_THREAD_SAFE -D_REENTRANT -Wall -g -O1   -o theforgottenserver actions.o  allocator.o baseevents.o beds.o chat.o combat.o condition.o configmanager.o connection.o container.o creature.o creatureevent.o cylinder.o database.o databasemanager.o databasemysql.o    depot.o exception.o fileloader.o game.o  globalevent.o group.o gui.o house.o housetile.o inputbox.o ioban.o ioguild.o iologindata.o iomap.o iomapserialize.o item.o itemattributes.o items.o luascript.o mailbox.o map.o md5.o monster.o monsters.o movement.o networkmessage.o npc.o otserv.o outfit.o outputmessage.o party.o playerbox.o player.o position.o protocol.o protocolgame.o protocollogin.o protocolold.o quests.o raids.o rsa.o scheduler.o scriptmanager.o server.o sha1.o spawn.o spells.o status.o talkaction.o tasks.o teleport.o textlogger.o thing.o tile.o tools.o trashholder.o waitlist.o weapons.o vocation.o -llua5.1  -lmysqlclient -lboost_filesystem -lboost_date_time -lboost_system -lboost_regex -lboost_thread -lgmp  -lxml2
/usr/bin/ld: connection.o: undefined reference to symbol 'pthread_mutexattr_settype@@GLIBC_2.2.5'
//lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0: error adding symbols: DSO missing from command line
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [theforgottenserver] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2
Makefile:462: recipe for target 'theforgottenserver' failed
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/source'
Makefile:404: recipe for target 'all' failed
Also when I am trying to start the ots with my starting script(which was also working on old server) which looks like this:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
while [ 1 ]; do

./wobo
done
(the file on it self has name "wobo", that's why in the error it says "wobo".
I am getting following error:
I will post it as gif because it's quite hard to write it, that error is growing whole time.
https://gyazo.com/ea7431e12116cf7ab5daf8e34adca5ee
It's starting from 2562 and it's counting up.

I hope that someone from this community could help me.

With King Regards,
Merlase.

Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't a semi-colon at the end of a statement end the statement? Also if you put 1 in as a condition in a while loop aren't you creating an infinite loop unless that is what you want? Shouldn't it be something like this.
Code:
#!/bin/sh
do {

./wobo
}while(1);

I tried changing the "start up" script, to the one which you suggested but then I am getting following error:
Code:
starter.sh: line 2: syntax error near unexpected token `do'
starter.sh: line 2: `do {'
But this would explain why the Segmentation fault is just getting bigger and bigger, however when I am trying to start server with just ./wobo in Terminal I am still getting Segmentation fault, but just 1 copy of it, then when I am trying it again i am just getting another "Segmentation fault" with just higher number.

I tried changing the "start up" script, to the one which you suggested but then I am getting following error:
Code:
starter.sh: line 2: syntax error near unexpected token `do'
starter.sh: line 2: `do {'
But this would explain why the Segmentation fault is just getting bigger and bigger, however when I am trying to start server with just ./wobo in Terminal I am still getting Segmentation fault, but just 1 copy of it, then when I am trying it again i am just getting another "Segmentation fault" with just higher number.
Actually this page should be helpful.
http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/bash-while-loop/

According to the above link it could be this
Code:
#!/bin/bash
while :
do
    ./wobo
done

Last edited:
Actually this page should be helpful.
http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/bash-while-loop/

According to the above link it could be this
Code:
#!/bin/bash
while :
do
    ./wobo
done
This one code is working, with working I mean no syntax error, but still I am getting Segmentation fault, I belive that the starting script has nothing to do with the error which I am getting.

Back