• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Errors with vocations/teleports going to 8.5

Saints Anathema

Old School Doleran
Reaction score
Im going to try and explain this as best as possible..

Im currently updating to Tfs 0.2.4 from Tfs 0.2 Aquamystic. Now weve gotten all the necessary files i believe changed over (first time updating to a higher client).

So ive loaded my test server, connect with 8.5 everythings going great. Now the only issue im having i can understand why, but i merely just dont know where to look.

Code:
[25/07/2009 17:06:33] Warning: [Spell::configureSpell] Wrong vocation name: Super Knight
[25/07/2009 17:06:33] Warning: [Spell::configureSpell] Wrong vocation name: Super Sorcerer
[25/07/2009 17:06:33] Warning: [Spell::configureSpell] Wrong vocation name: Super Druid
[25/07/2009 17:06:33] Warning: [Spell::configureSpell] Wrong vocation name: Super Paladin

And as i was righting this, it hit me to check the vocations.xml lmao noobish on my part..

Though, it seems ive hit another problem. I remade my items.xml with everything i needed for some reason the teleports arent working on my map. It shows its Item ID 5023 instead... So i looked it up in the items.xml and it shows

Code:
<item id="5023" article="a" name="magic forcefield">
		<attribute key="type" value="teleport"/>
	</item>

everything seems ok? but why arent they working?

Rep ofcourse to any ideas/suggestions

Ok so ive had this problem before when ive used notepad++ sometimes it will save some of my files in default as (any file type) making it sometimes involved with RTF rich text format, microsoft word.... So i can sometimes fix this by taking the screwed up items.xml and pasting it into the old one that worked, and properly selecting .xml and saving it.

My server is not currently reading the items.xml because all the items show this is an item type (number)

Any thoughts?

rep ofcourse

EDIT: Somewhere along the line, i had one of my friends working along with updating to 8.5 and we were up late so somewhere along the line in the items.xml a line of code mustve not been closed.

So anyone searching for an answer for that, ta da

Last edited:
Back