• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Programmer [Essence Project] C++ Programmer/Partner

MindRage

Toss Me
Reaction score
zXc0Q05.png

The Essence Project
So the essence project is a new game built from the core up in C++, SDL2.0 and OpenGL 3.
It's a game within the sandbox arena genre and is very unique for its geire.

What i'm looking for is a co-programmer that could assist me with the engine coding.
I could talk about the project in detail with the people who would like to help.

This job is more of a partnership than a job as i cannot give any payment in its current state.
Thats why im looking for people who has the same ambitions in making games.
The game is built upon the thoughts of either selling copies or doing a free-2-play with micropurchases that doesnt affect gameplay in any matter. (In terminology such as skins in League of Legends, or other kinds of enhancements.)

So what do i want from you as a partner?

* Knowledge in C++11, doesnt have to be much, but atleast so you can work basic applications.
* Basic Knowledge in Game Design.
* Passion for Everything gaming.

Please write this in a private message to me:

* Skype name:
* Samples of previous works [optional if providing you can prove knowledge in other sources]:

Looking forward to know you!

If this game isn't OT related it doesn't belong on these forums.

@Codex NG

Then please start acting as one and be aware of you actions, You should rather than assuming things, ask a question or two in beforehand.
Yes, this project is related to opentibia as it bases on the same concept. However the sprites, content, engine are built up from the ground.
The entire point of this project is to create a base that can be more widenly spread than Tibia in general.
This entire community is very focused on creativity and contributing to a larger mass, and its people like you that halt that kind of activity by just assuming things before posting.
So no matter what age you are, i thought of that as childish behavior when you immidately tried to shut it down without even asking for an larger picture.
Unless you simply just want people to be upset, which in that case would make you nothing more than a pest to this community.

And read the entire post before just reading the last one please. And you will see that its rethorical. Im asking for a explaination of such a damaging comment.

Getting tired of the negativity and impulsive writing of people, but oh well, its the internet, no one seems to give a shit if they did wrong or not.

Just to clarify for people who read this akward start of the thread:
This is a great example of toxicity, even if its was either intended or unintended, it harms no matter the case. The general thinking when posting threads is that you read from top to bottom, and the first post coming after general one is the one that people read first, and they gain the first impression. The first impression is always the one that sticks the hardest in someone's mind.
So if he was aware of this, which he probobally is due to his "age" or experience, which doesnt really matter in this situtation. So i just have to assume that his actions was intended but the purpose behind it, i really dont know. I have no respect for such people and i believe no one should either with such a negative attitude to other people.

Arguments aside.

Im still looking for a person or multiple people wanting to engage in the project, details are described through chatting or skype,because i didnt want to fill the first post with too much content, makes it less appealing for people to read, and is just plainly unneccessary.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is by far the most appropriate board.
Oh I am sorry I thought I was on Otland, and thanks for removing my post.. god forbid I defend myself in a thread where someone refers to me as a kid.

@MindRage I didn't even bother reading what you posted, I'm sure its all keyboard warrior bs anyway..

@Codex NG, Well, you think anyone can take you serious when you wont even invest time in an argument you started?
You're nothing but blindly typing things to express some kind of needed superiority or something, i suggest you take it somewhere else than the internet and fix your own problems in your real life, no matter what age you are, toxic attitudes in the internet is just pathetic and very very obvious what the cause is.

@Summ Thanks for giving a second opinion, however did feel that the post removal was a bit unneccessary. Didnt see that post as any problem. I know the need of keeping the forum clean from "burning" threads. But If it would be anything worse that comes up, i'd rather to make it up with a a personal report or something else than muting thread.
Not entire sure how you guys handle these kind of threads. But if it seems too distracting, you could always remove the entire thread, but that really shouldnt be neccessary.

Oh god, these got damn double posts. I remembered this forum to have auto-merge? I must be wrong? Can you merge it if neccessary.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bump, Still looking for a Co-Programmer. Send me a PM if you want to know more details around the project.

Seems interssting, good luck mate :)

Back