• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Everybody knows what i exactly mean, for real...

Himar

Stockholm RPG
Reaction score
Cipsoft doesn't care about the players and their thoughts at all OBVIOUSLY!
But what they do know is that people leave because their terribly bad new updates that totally destroys the game but the new generations still joins the game because they never knew how tibia was back in the days.

My biggest question: Why doesn't Cipsoft create two whole diffrent game engines? They should create an oldschool Tibia version and one for newer versions that updates often. The only thing that could be updated is the map with new places and bigger areas because that will be needed if too many is playing ofcourse, but not those shitty updates with new spells and functions that destroys the game feeling, imo. Problem solved. Veterans can enjoy the game and of course it will be a lot more fun, even I have quit playing Cipsoft's Tibia. I've played Tibia because it was a really great game until 7.8. Tibia versions 7.1-7.6 was the best and i think every single veteran can agree with me there.

Cipsoft, bring us back the REAL TIBIA!!! 7.4, nostalgia!!!!!

:w00t: :eek: :mad: :( <_<

The time constraint is a huge factor. That's why.
Imagine all the programming they did after the 7.6 update, I wouldn't be assed to remove it all and then update two completely different games on a seasonal basis.
9.1 is much better than 7.6, try to think about it in a non-nostalgic mind, you'll realize it.

You said it yourself, nostalgia, that's what is happening. People are becoming nostalgic of Tibia's past just like in real life, you wish you could go back to your childhood days.
It's just a mental situation where you miss something that you want to see again.

Trust me, if someone started playing Tibia today (9.1), 10 years from now, that person will miss 9.1 more than ever, simply because it's old. That person is feeling nostalgic.
Just take it as it is and its time to move on.

Something you are saying is kinda right but i dont know what it is, but i am sure it's because i dont like the new features. I like how tibia was back in the days, i am not only thinking about nostalgia. Newer tibia updates made me quit and that was because they started to destroy the game with fun shit and boring functions & features.

People tend to get tired of the game if they played with the same features for many years.
You literally HAVE to add new features and create new updates in order to gather more interest.

If it wouldn't be for pretty much everyone botting, the latest versions wouldn't be too bad. New monsters, areas, items and what not are needed. At the top of my head: if botters and cooldowns were removed forever somehow, it would be a lot more attractive.

If it wouldn't be for pretty much everyone botting, the latest versions wouldn't be too bad. New monsters, areas, items and what not are needed. At the top of my head: if botters and cooldowns were removed forever somehow, it would be a lot more attractive.

Speaking for optional-PVP, yes, but for open-PVP? There's a lot more that needs to be removed.

I think ppl like the oldschool more becouse it was unbalanced and easier to kill people

I think ppl like the oldschool more becouse it was unbalanced and easier to kill people

I think it was totaly awesome balanced in earlier versions. 7.4 without hotkeys and buying UHs from low lvl druids and sd's from sorcs.. i miss that!

Balanced? Yeah, we can talk about how overpowered knights were and how underpowered druids were.

I wouldn't want to play a game that never has anything new on it.. I mean I know I like to play old tibia, but not for more than 3 months, after that it's just boring.. And I admit the new tibia is shit, its not tibia anymore, however just because they fucked up it doesn't mean that games shouldn't keep updating.

I'd give it a try but since it's filled with so many geeks, anyone who would see me playing it would call me a nolife nerd right away.

I'd give it a try but since it's filled with so many geeks, anyone who would see me playing it would call me a nolife nerd right away.
You wont do something because you're afraid of what people might think? You're afraid of being seen as a nolifer? guess what: I now see you a nolifer. Ironic eh?

My rough definition of a "nolifer" = person who, because of fear or other irrational thoughts, doesn't do what he/she wants.

it's really difficult that Cipsoft agrees to make this alternative servers the reasons are simple: tibia is more a business for them now than back in the old days.

"Old-school" servers might bring a new push into the revenues of cipsoft for sure, most of the game worlds have not reached a new peak record of players since 2006.
I believe if there is a tiny little chance to make cipsoft consider this idea, a huge amount of players should organise a "plan" where it prooves or at least mention which factors of Cipsoft as a business will be improved. lets be honest, they wont care if a bunch of peeps wants the old engine back :p

just my Point of View

P.S: here is a twitter from some guys who want to make publicity reach cipsoft concerning this idea follow @Utibia cut the crap 'bout WOW this is tibia not World of Wankers... (JK) :D

Last edited:
to be honest, these are now two entirely different games. PvP in 7.6 is not in one way similar to pvp in 9.1. While I myself, along with a whole legion of others, want a tibian server with 7.6 client, I know it will never happen.

Back