• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Gamemaster Experienced GameMaster

Why me? Well, I always said, Why not. I am completely qualified and I have been doing it for a while and I know what I'm doing. As I stated I am easy to get along with and I know when to have fun, and when it's time to be serious.

Why you? This doesn't entice me to pick you as a GM at all? You know what your doing? What does that mean? How can I trust someone who doesn't tell me what they're good at doing? What do you do? Scam servers?

I mean no disrespect by this post, albeit comes in a rather rude manner but the points I bring up are very important. Say you are applying for a job at... McDonald's, because everyone knows what that is. If you put on your resume that you are good and doing what you do, you're going to get laughed at. I say this because the way you present yourself as a person to a community in the language you use, the diction in your sentences and your reasoning all play a major part in convincing someone that you are right for the job.

Learn to write a resume, use these applications as practice, because if you can convince someone to hire you here, you can do it in real life.

sign up to Mestera, become tutor, become senior tutor, and then I pick you as gamemaster if you made a good job as a tutor =)
but that's only if you want to be a serious gamemaster in a long-term server

Process to become Gm in Mestera would be 5-12 months, depends. but not shorter than 5 months :)

hope you got patience xD
but at same time I hope you understand why I do like that =)
I only want the serious people to have a chance to become gm and not everyone :)

I know exactly why, because most servers hire jerks as GMs and people that don't know how to staff and end up removing them. My character name is Kanga.

A better way to be a GM is to work your way up the trust ladder. I'm going to be honest with you I don't think too many people come here looking to hire people as GMs, simply because they could find someone who plays their server who is a tutor to be a GM. This is because people are most likely to trust someone after watching them come back day after day, instead of just getting someone to come in as a GM.

Think about it this way: A company has recently lost an employee. His position is a mid-level management role, where another manager on a lower level has proven to be effective and has earned this spot. Would you as the company give the other guy the job, or bring in somebody completely new? In terms of Tibia it's a trust issue. Without trust people don't get positions on OTs, so you're less likely to get hired by posting here than if you play some guys server for a week.

Also, without an impressive resume you're unlikely to get hired, and unfortunately I wouldn't call this resume 'impressive'.

I know you are trying to help me and all but honestly you are angering me because it's enlightening other players and server owners NOT to hire me, by saying my application isn't up to par. Why are you only posting on my thread, is another question that comes up. Also some servers don't have any staff, then what happens? <_< If people need me to start as a tutor, I am willing to do that. In most cases, this scenario doesn't happen. If it does, it's when a highly populated server needs staff.

Back