• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Explorer.exe crash when right click

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nofus

Reaction score
hi, i thought if you guys on otland might could help me.

I got a new GPU today, After installing it, and drivers, all that stuff.. it works perfect when playing, BUT. When i right click on the desktop it says : Explorer Crashed, Restarting Explorer. And explorer.exe restarts.

I restarted my pc several times, and i got the right drivers and all that, what's the problem? :S Why is explorer.exe crashing everytime i right click on the desktop? :eek:

please help.

Tell us sth about your system.
OS, GPU etc

GPU : NVIDIA ASUS GTX 460

CPU: Intel core i7 920

Motherboard: ASUS P6T SE

I've now updated some stuff on "Windows Update" And everything is up to date. I restarted the PC AGAIN, And still I get the same result. Right Click on desktop gives me an explorer.exe Crash. :S

do
sfc /SCANNOW

this would only fix it if file explorer.exe is corrupt.

Ofc in command line (Start -> Run -> cmd) as administrator (CTRL + SHIFT + ENTER).

I tried as Cykotitan said, It told me that there was no problems.

I still got the same issue, ;S

Edit: I got this problem After when i changed my GPU from ATI to NVIDIA wich means i installed new drivers etc. Any ideas?

If you have windows 7 it should run basically without drivers (it means, win7 should find them itself) and you can install newer then. Have you deinstalled your all previous drivers ?

Yes my previous driver was some ATI Cataclyst, It's all gone, I removed everything.

Please somebody has ANY ideas? I cant even create a folder on the desktop, or inside other maps.

Its probably an annoying virus.

Google it though, should find the resolution a lot quicker than here.

Maybe you should stop posting useless posts and read what I've written -.-

KK heres useful for you...next time don't change graphics cards and drivers when you don't know what the fuck your doing.

Go pay for a fix before you do more damage to your computer. The end.

I'd recommend to visit some IT related forum, not Tibian one.

I've posted on alot of forums so why not this one ? X) could have helped me, :) Anyway it was some Driver glitch or bug.

For the others that maybe have this problem: Try Finding other drivers , Or Repair the OS, It doesn't remove anything just Repair with your OS CD or ISO file or what ever you got.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back