• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Export/Import Map (RME) ?

pink_panther

Excellent OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
Is there an easy way to export/copy sections of map from 1 version of a map file to another version of a map file?

Wanting to take some map sections from newer maps and paste them into a 7.7 map I use, without having to just re-create the entire section(s)

Solution
Is there an easy way to export/copy sections of map from 1 version of a map file to another version of a map file?

Wanting to take some map sections from newer maps and paste them into a 7.7 map I use, without having to just re-create the entire section(s)
Downgrading then copy pasting is the only way I know of. There is the potential of the map getting messed up in areas that don't have the sufficient sprites in lower versions but you just gotta spend the time to fix the problem areas.

If you don't know how to select large areas, you make sure you don't have any item or brush selected currently then hold shift down then left click and drag the area that you want, then if you want to select more without deselecting your...

Downgrading then copy pasting is the only way I know of. There is the potential of the map getting messed up in areas that don't have the sufficient sprites in lower versions but you just gotta spend the time to fix the problem areas.

If you don't know how to select large areas, you make sure you don't have any item or brush selected currently then hold shift down then left click and drag the area that you want, then if you want to select more without deselecting your previous selection you just hold Ctrl + Shift and drag. Just like you would with any file systems or programs.

Solution
Is there also a way to bulk replace a tile/item id with another in RME?

Eg If I copy and paste a large selection and need to replace the ground tiles with a relevant tile id?

Is there also a way to bulk replace a tile/item id with another in RME?

Eg If I copy and paste a large selection and need to replace the ground tiles with a relevant tile id?
Yeah you can just use replace item in RME

That is how it looks like

Back