• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Extreme Low XP - 1x. Would you play? What would you like?

oserc

Advanced OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I saw a thread discussin which mechanics would players enjoy on a high rate otserv. But how about a low exp one? Would you play a server 1x exp/skill/loot? If so, what kind of implementations, mechanics would you like to see in the server?

Please, feel free to state your previous experiences in low rate otservs, and what cons and pros did you find while playing them.

No i won't, there are plenty of order using X1 expoi would like 7.72 or 8.6 mechanics

I don't play on OTS a lot, but maybe I could play vanilla 10.98 with custom map and thats all.

Maybe there could be some way to increase the speed of which you do stuff.
Like specific items or buffs on items, food etc that would increase rate of XP gain or skill gain.
Maybe Food that would increase drop rate to double but half the xp gain.

Maybe each highest level you gain on that character gives 1x of a currency of some sort that you can spend on a permanent character buff. Like permanently increase XP by 10%, skill 10% faster or w/e. Then there is a small character customization and uniqueness to yourself compared to others. Idk if it would be possible to reset this back to zero and "respec" but w/e.

Thanks for the replies, guys!

No i won't, there are plenty of order using X1 expoi would like 7.72 or 8.6 mechanics
What you mean by 7.72 or 8.6 mechanics? Could you please be more specific?

I don't play on OTS a lot, but maybe I could play vanilla 10.98 with custom map and thats all.
So yeah, custom map :) What would you like the map to be? A big one, or a small one? Real with modifications or 100% custom?

Maybe there could be some way to increase the speed of which you do stuff.
Like specific items or buffs on items, food etc that would increase rate of XP gain or skill gain.
Maybe Food that would increase drop rate to double but half the xp gain.
I see your point, but what if the server has a different approach to leveling? I mean, people are always so frenetic about leveling in tibia because, imo, gearing is not that "important". Not important because if you are level 100, you'll be detroyed by any lvl 200 regardless of equipment you're wearing. But if you give people a more complex gearing system, with slots, item leveling and upgrading, etc, gearing will be as important as leveling, mainly for pvp purposes...

As otserv community grows, there are a lot of custom features people are developing, such as item upgrade system, crafting, housing, wars, etc. What type of systems would you like to see in a hardcore exp server?

I see your point, but what if the server has a different approach to leveling? I mean, people are always so frenetic about leveling in tibia because, imo, gearing is not that "important". Not important because if you are level 100, you'll be detroyed by any lvl 200 regardless of equipment you're wearing. But if you give people a more complex gearing system, with slots, item leveling and upgrading, etc, gearing will be as important as leveling, mainly for pvp purposes...

Remove XP and lvls completely, thus removing additional hp/mp from getting new lvls and additional walking speed. Make the game focus on killing monsters for resources to craft items. Looted weapons/armor can be melted down for more resources and the gold can be used for other stuff too. So instead of making the game lvl focused, its for items instead. There could be many different kind of stats on items for different type of players

Remove XP and lvls completely, thus removing additional hp/mp from getting new lvls and additional walking speed. Make the game focus on killing monsters for resources to craft items. Looted weapons/armor can be melted down for more resources and the gold can be used for other stuff too. So instead of making the game lvl focused, its for items instead. There could be many different kind of stats on items for different type of players
I like the idea. Never came through my mind.

@oserc
100% custom. It can be just one city in the middle with various areas around it.

Well 1x server with bot restrictions would be nice on some version 8.4+ and not really much custom stuff, finally could be long term server with hotkeys. Now we got 14 days servers with staged mid rates 10>x2.
Personally I would like to see 8.42/8.6 server with normal PvP system and 2 unjusts. That was great times of ot servers, teams were big, game was not that easy but not that hard, Yalahar battles were great. Knight had utani tempo hur, mages had gmps and still for me it was balanced. Ofcourse it is not tibia where you can go and solo kill someone on similar level but lets be honest 8.0 also isnt, and for sure this version is not also balanced.
These servers were full of people, exp rate was mid-high, there was no 30 bosses to rpg but still players were playing for months for example Huntera, Shadowcores or Eloth 8.4.
Legendary fights on okolnir vs 3 teams where u had someone on back all the time were great, people dont needed 100 custom spawns so everyone can make high exp. There was no problem with redskulls on mages, now everyone just scared to take a frag becouse he need to wear some extra equipment (sicK).. We had runes in shop, mostly we had no trainers for spoofing servers.
We had PoI, Inq, Dara DLs, Okolnir, Vengoth, Banuta, we had to fight for exp, map was crowded. Now realera has trainers and huge map and its 1385 spoofed people online and map is empty. Only thing u do is buying manas and wasting time for runes, instead of buy it for normal price and charges in shop lol

I dont rly get what u mean by moving the game focus from gain lvl to kill mobs -> craft items, what is the plot? Craft best items and then what? you get better items to kill stronger monsters to craft even stronger items but u have no use for it? i suppose by removeing lvls and hp/mana increase would result to no pvp or a pvp where every player has 180 hp and some mana to fight with? Its an intresting topic but i dont rly see it being able to last for very long, maybe am not seeing your point but dp explain more if u got any :]

Then I would like to invite you to my server. It's based on Tibia 10.98 :)

To the topic:
Low rates are better, you are not getting bored too fast and have always something to do. But if you want low rate, you have to consider creating additional content not connected to monster hunting/exping.

I dont rly get what u mean by moving the game focus from gain lvl to kill mobs -> craft items, what is the plot? Craft best items and then what? you get better items to kill stronger monsters to craft even stronger items but u have no use for it? i suppose by removeing lvls and hp/mana increase would result to no pvp or a pvp where every player has 180 hp and some mana to fight with? Its an intresting topic but i dont rly see it being able to last for very long, maybe am not seeing your point but dp explain more if u got any :]

OP wanted to go away from the need to level as high as possible and as fast as possible and make the game slower and more community driven(my understanding of the topic), because it renders items useless if a lvl 100 is attacked by a lvl 200 even if they have the same items. Level/skill/magic = power, items is just a small bonus to your output.

So removing levels would also reduce the "i must play as much as possible, otherwise I'm falling behind immensely" to instead making the game more about loot, items and crafting. If every single item give some kind of bonus to health/mana/both + skills and other stuff. This could also make second characters powerful more quickly if only items is needed and not levels, which would be good for world pvp and wars. If you only potentially loose the items and no levels there would be less fear of loosing progress on your character in dying in pvp.

But like you said, "Craft best items, then what?". Idk really, it was a quick idea without any special thought behind it. Maybe it could've given an other idea to spark with OP :D

OP wanted to go away from the need to level as high as possible and as fast as possible and make the game slower and more community driven(my understanding of the topic), because it renders items useless if a lvl 100 is attacked by a lvl 200 even if they have the same items
Thats exactly what Im aiming for :)
Well, leveling is also an important element in a mmo so I‘ll probably keep it. But maybe stablishing a level limit would be good, just to make sure for players that leveling is not their only goal.

Craft best items and then what?
then you focus on end-game content, social, pve for loot and richness, pvp for game, guild content, etc. Well, I have been working on a project for a while now, but in this topic I just wanted to know what the community would expect from a low rate server. But sono enough I’ll post a thread exposing my project and the ideas I had for it, so everyone can judge and propose suggestions. Thanks all :)

In this topic

Back