• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Team FabledOT

Syntax

Developer
Reaction score
FabledOT

I. General Information

FabledOT is based on the popular Role-playing game, Fable, from Lionhead Studios and Microsoft Game Studios. This is a serious project and I am searching for the best available. If you are interested, after reading through the list of features and job positions, please post an application or pm me.

II. Features

Engine: The Forgotten Server 3.0 (on Alpha1 Release)
Protocol: 8.2(1)
Exp Rate: 5x-10x (Negotiable with team)
Skill Rate: 5x (Also negotiable)
Magic Rate: 5x (Also negotiable)
Loot Rate : 1x (Custom loot with custom monsters)

100% Custom Map (Strongly based on fable map)
100% Custom Monsters (Based entirely on fable monsters)
100% Custom Weapons (Based entirely on fable weapons)
90% Custom Spells (Mostly based on fable spells)

Unique Quests, Challenges, Actions. Cannot release full details to public at the moment.

III. Jobs​

|-------------------------------------------------------------|
|----Position----Availability--------Name--------------|
|--------------------------------------------------------------|
|-----Hoster---------1/1---------ACrippledBadger---------|
|-----Mapper--------0/2-------------------------------------|
|-----Scripter-------1/2---------ACrippledBadger----------|
|-----Webmaster---0/1--------------------------------------|
|---------------------------------------------------------------|

Hoster - Server is hosted by home server at the moment, but in the future it will be upgraded to Dedicated Server.
Mapper - Mappers will need to have a good sense of fable preferably, but that is not required. I will give detailed screenshots and a program that allows you to look at the maps of the real fable game to help.
Scripter - You will be helping me with various lua scripts, weapons, creatures, spells, actions, etc.
Webmaster - You will be in charge of the website development, layout, etc. This position is not needed but preferred.

(If the position you want is filled contact me and we might be able to work out something)

IV. Requirements/Application Template​

Must speak English fluently
Must be active and fast working
Must be dedicated to server
Must follow rules set in future by owner (me ;p)
Preferably has played fable at least once

HTML:
Application

[B]Name:[/B]
[B]Experience:[/B]
[B]Age:[/B]
[B]Origin:[/B]
[B]Language(s):[/B]
[B]Position:[/B]

EDIT: Posted examples of the real fable map, to get the idea of what style. Note that those arent the only angles you can get in the program.

Last edited:
What the screenshots? no I said its based from the map. It's not going to be 3d. They are both medieval rpgs so the blend nicely. Some places will be a challenge but it will work ;p The maps are just to show where the details are. Where to place the grass, water, bridges, buildings, stairs, etc. Not literally copying them.

lol you're right, its not easy. but I've got the some of it done already.

Heres an estimated percentage of the project (might post a better one on first post later)

spells = 60%
creatures = 0%
items = 50%
actions = 10%
map = 0%

I have most of these all planned out to the smallest detail. So it should be done alot faster. I might do all the creatures tonight. and finish the spells, all of the custom items are on a notepad with their corresponding sprites, details, etc. so just have to add them to the xml when TFS 3.0 alpha1 comes out. All the team really has todo is the website, map, and actions. I got the rest covered ;p

When do reckon the Test will be online?

i wouldnt mind having a look

and im a Mapper..but im still tryna get better,your'd expect Much more than me lol

Well the test server will be online when i can find a mapper that can do the guild hall real quick (will serve as rookgaard) or i might do the guild hall myself when remeres 8.2 map editor comes out.

(guildhall is the map in the pictures in first post)

EDIT: if you think you can do the map in the first picture (it doesnt seem that hard) you can try, I might try with a beta 8.2 editor and post a picture later.

well try to make one part of that using the pictures, and ill see if its ok, if it is, you're hired

Back