• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

AAC failed_logins how to enable it?

endziu2222

Solutions
Reaction score
In MYAAC you have option in login.php regarding failed_logins means if you put your password x5 times incorrectly it should block you ip for some amount of time. The thing is it does not work and I just don't know where else to ask to fix this. Anybody can explain how to do it? Do I have to add my .www address in to specific place or enable < $config_salt_enabled = $db->hasColumn('accounts', 'salt'); which i do now know how to do, I did try to add to .local file. Anyway can somebody explain?

Ye, it works only if cache is enabled.

Do you have it enabled?

Look into config.local.php - for "env" => should be "prod".

Ye, it works only if cache is enabled.

Do you have it enabled?

Look into config.local.php - for "env" => should be "prod".
Yes both are enabled.

I have login to laptop with my phone internet to test it out. Every time I enter wrong password nothing changes and i can do that unlimited amount of time without any other message appearing.

Code:
    'env' => 'prod', // 'prod' for production and 'dev' for development

Lua:
    // cache system. by default file cache is used
    'cache_engine' => 'apcu', // apc, apcu, eaccelerator, xcache, file, auto, or blank to disable.
    'cache_prefix' => 'myaac_', // have to be unique if running more MyAAC instances on the same server (except file system cache)

I was actually trying to create new failed_attempt logic but did not managed, will try again soon. What makes me wonder maybe I have issue with database. One last thing It searches for something called 'salt' I am clueless what that is, should i have this in my database? added to accounts? and is this have to be enabled? in some way? $config_salt_enabled?

Salt is for database password hash - it adds random string to your hashed password, so its harder to hack it using rainbow tables. But first someone need to get access to your database.

So no, it don't have anything to do with the login_attempts.

Weird, I cannot reproduce that - for me it works - both in 0.8 and in 1.0-beta:
1706954634048.png

Try change, to this:

'cache_engine' => 'auto',

Salt is for database password hash - it adds random string to your hashed password, so its harder to hack it using rainbow tables. But first someone need to get access to your database.

So no, it don't have anything to do with the login_attempts.

Weird, I cannot reproduce that - for me it works - both in 0.8 and in 1.0-beta:
View attachment 81823

Try change, to this:

'cache_engine' => 'auto',

I forgot to mention when I changed to auto it works. However, it does not work with the tibia client. Thanks in advance.

Back