• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Favoritism and inequality on Gunzodus Server.

King Nomezy

ALL HAIL OUR GREATEST LEADER NOMEZY!
Reaction score
Before I start, I want to make it clear that this post is nothing more than an information for other players that are currently playing or consider playing on Gunzodus Server.

During my short period of playing on Gunzodus it wasn't difficult to notice that the staff have some authority issues, precisely Vallais. Here, read an interesting story.
To give some background, Gunzodus has an option to put a character for sale. There are 2 types of these auctions; a Bidding (done by Staff) and Buy Now auction (done by players). After the character is bought, it's transfered to your account and the nick name can be changed. Minimum price that the character can be sold for is 100 coins and the MM fee is 10%. Normally if you want to change your nick name it costs you 150 coins in the store, so what people do? They put 300 levels and higher characters for 100/150 coins and they quickly buy it on another account losing only 10% out 100/150 coins rather than 150. This is a feature abuse but Gunzodus Staff is not bothered by that until this day. :)
Around a month ago I heard a guy in team speak talking about people having auction bots which basically refresh the page every x seconds and check if there is any auction that meets their criterias such as 300+ lvl for 150 coins. I've seen people making threads about it on forum (like this or this) and the Staff ignored it and sometimes even made fun of people who lost their character due to auction bot, like this guy:
1593900610670.png

That made sense to me, if you can't afford losing your characters just don't do stupid things, don't abuse the feature.
So, few days later I created an auction bot myself which was really slow yet managed to get me few characters within a week. The first time I snipped a character, a guy called pavvelek messaged me congratulating on the snipe and suggested that I should set better conditions because he snipped two high levels few hours before me. What a helpeful chap, I of course followed his advice but my bot was still too slow. A week later I created a bot that I believed dominated every other botter. In a span of two weeks the bot bought around 20 characters which one of them was 860 for 300 coins (the real price is around 30k coins). As you can imagine, I was getting some nice profit as I was putting these characters back on the website for cheap price just to sell them and have more coins to trade. My bot was sending a request every half second then parsing the html page and searched out for good offers. Parsing the webpage is fine and approved by Gunz himself! 2 times per seconds is pretty decent result but can still be beaten manually by ordinary human being only if you think about it.
Everything was going fine until 2 days ago when my bot bought TOP 3 character for 2400 coins (the real price is around 35k coins).
1593901984496.png
1593902752842.png
This character was previously on a bidding auction around a week before and the guy who bought it paid 35k coins and received it with full EQ. I talked with guy and it turns to be the one who was giving me suggestions on how to improve my bot (pavvelek), he added that he would win the bidding auction anyway since he has 90k coins anway. 90k coins is a lot of money on this server and I bet you already know how he made that money - yes, the auction bot.
I was surprised at the stupidity of "my mentor" who put it for that amount of coins knowing well that there are active auction bots and... just to make it clear, it wasn't a mistake, he wouldn't put the offer for 24000 anyway, it was actually on Buy Now auction today for 35k but not sure if it was sold for that amount.

The student has become the master, and the master went crying to the Staff. Within 8 hours my account was perma banned and character was reverted to old owner's account as well as coins removed from my account which probably landed on the market - possibly dirty dump of coins on the market to stabilize the coin price;).
That of course didn't happened when my bot bought 860 or 500+ characters, it happened when the main botter lost his character.

Now, I can't prove that there is some corruption between pavvelek and one of the staff members but this proves that the server is filled with unequality and double standards. Until this day, botting is allowed on the server and there is no rule about auction bots on the official website and while there is multiple auction botters for months including pavvelek, only 2 of my accounts were perma banned. The rest remains operating til this day as if they were granted impunity. The only question that remains is why. The staff seems to hate me as I was wrongfully banned for PayPal chargeback which was then proven to be unfounded. Maybe they just wanted to get rid of me.
This is of course just the tip of the iceberg, there are some serious problems with the OT but you can read about it here or on their forum, if of course the thread won't get deleted;).

So next time you log in to your favorite ots, please remember that the Gunzodus Staff practices favoritism, lawlessness and other disrespectful acts.
I also have a suggestion for staff, when you make a mistake, apologize, admit that you were wrong. Say sorry, it costs nothing but can means so much. You should also consider thanking your tutors, they are the real support on this OT.
And of course, dont be like Vallais.

1593903575476.png

Cheers.

EDIT: As of today ( 5 Jul 10:06 ) Gunzodus have made changes to character auction making auction bots illegal. This only proves that the people running this server have no idea how real world works as they literally introduced Ex post facto law.

Attachments

Last edited:
Gunzodus staff is the most dirty staff ever. Handing out permabans without any reason nor explanation. And when asking them/trying to reach out to them they just simply deleted your thread and ban you for "spam" or block you on facebook, Gunzodus might be the only server for some of us to play right now but as soon as another long term global EU server comes up - I'll raise my finger to Gunzodus with a smile and leave! :)

Sad part is that it doesn't matter how popular or successful a server is because at the end of the day people are still people. Favoritism and inequality appears all around the world in all types environments, let alone tibia servers. This has always been one of my biggest fears when playing an OT... the high chance of favoritism, inequality, and being biased. It happens more than you think and just think about all the biased actions that we don't see, in which they get away with.

People often make mistakes (happens to everyone), yet many people are to arrogant to admit they were in the wrong and to apologize. Goes to show a lot about someones character. Sorry that you had to deal with that. I've faced favoritism in more than a few servers and it's pretty frustrating to deal with the realization.

Back