• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Feedback on the House Competition / Discussion Thread

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
This was the first time we hosted an "event" (prize ceremony) on ShadowCores where we gather all the players, and we're happy that so many players decided to join us. Some may not agree with our decision of winners, but this was the result after I, Hani, Eccim and Tomtejefhel casted our votes. We even had to add two categories because three winners would not be enough with all the effort players have put into their decorating their houses.

This was the top ~10 for anyone who is curious (points first, then name), if someone is not in the list, it didn't have enough votes:
Creativity:
130 Klazer / Biop (Klazer)
127 Ayowin Skor (ices)
116 Takashi (Moj mistrz)
115 Sepi The Storyteller (frazzen)
113 Ovned (Ovned)
113 Neithya Aeon (Pandarohoo)
112 Mike (MikeKnight) / Westie (Westie)
105 Hooligan (HooliganHays)
105 Adrian (zakzakzaum1)
99 Putisplino (dunoka)

Decoration:
131 Killah (naritia)
124 Mike (MikeKnight)
121 Delivery Martitex (modagold)
120 Marlen (Marlen)
119 Chief (123456)
108 Klazer / Biop (Klazer)
107 Rosestylez (Rosestylah)
101 David Angus (Maczin)
98 Szaleniec (eudeer)
98 Velixun (Guardian)
97 Ovned (Ovned)
95 Closet Monkey (Seboool)
94 Vougue (Vougue)
89 Drutex (Drutex)

Some screenshots:
N40UD.png

H8j8t.png

UbUdi.png

We would like to hear your opinion on what we can do better the next time we gather many players at one place.

I'm not going to complain about my position in the contest, but I think that the judges and I must have a different view of what decoration is. However, I think that the ceremony was done well but next time you should consider making the theater slightly bigger.

I think some judging was badly done..

Like this house:
73717238.png
<- in the competition
AnIAm.png
<- reality

Is it a "in-game screenshot" competition or a decoration competition?

this however is reality and deserves to be on top:
marlenect.jpg

but hey, this is just what I think..

I think some judging was badly done..

Like this house:
73717238.png
<- in the competition
AnIAm.png
<- reality

Is it a "in-game screenshot" competition or a decoration competition?

this however is reality and deserves to be on top:
marlenect.jpg

but hey, this is just what I think..

set ambient light 0%

Marlen's house has no creativity, expect for it looks colourful, its just millions of items spams together, it does look decent but Biop actually thought about what he could do, he chose halloween (cos its coming up soon) and it does match the theme.

@gunky910
@Satharian

I know about the ambient light thing but in that picture he put fire fields outside the house, used creature illusion, pools of blood, corpses etc inside the house which decays anyway and imo that's creative in one way, yes, but I still think that it should have been with pure decoration instead without fixing the light etc to make it look better on the screenshot..

@YourMumGoesWoof

Just spam? Please do something like this without copying

@gunky910
@Satharian

I know about the ambient light thing but in that picture he put fire fields outside the house, used creature illusion, pools of blood, corpses etc inside the house which decays anyway and imo that's creative in one way, yes, but I still think that it should have been with pure decoration instead without fixing the light etc to make it look better on the screenshot..

@YourMumGoesWoof

Just spam? Please do something like this without copying

Yes but he won most creative not best decorated right? His theme is still fitting whether or not he put blood and corpses in his house, making it the most creative.

And @Above me,

His house is okay, but everything is cluttered together and it looks bad, that's probably why it wasn't the best in the competition.

Back