• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Fenris - Alternate Tibia Server (A legacy from Thronar)

Siegh

Thronar Developer
Solutions
Reaction score
For those who crave for new challenging experiences on the world of OT, I present you my new project Fenris!

cLCKIQ.jpg

What is Fenris you may ask? And what is Thronar?
  • First, Thronar was my old project which I've worked alone on for several years. It went online maybe 3 or 4 times and made a really good impression on many people with its 100% original content, from spells, vocations, items, monsters and map.

• Fenris is what you could call a Thronar 2.0, it still holds 100% original content (very little has come unchanged from Thronar). The main difference between them is how the map is being designed: instead of being huge and expansive like Thronar, now we have a small and compact map, but extremely dense with well designed dungeons, puzzles and a city so far.

What are Fenris' main features?
  • It's first blatant feature is: characters all have the same vocation. Every character start as equal but you choose which path to follow, being it a melee fighter, an archer, a mage or even all of them! Of course it's not as easy as it sounds, acquiring equipment and money is extremely hard, learning spells require dedication in some area, and there are "mastery points" which you can use to further specialize yourself.

• Masteries are a feature that's returning from Thronar. Basically, your character has a set ammount of points that you acquire from leveling, that you can spend on passive abilities that improve something on your character, such as extra damage while wielding swords or a chance to recover mana while casting spells.
wZIUp6.jpg

• An in-depth equipment system made from scratch, with features returning from Thronar. Specially the accessories, which are a set of the most variated items you can equip on your ring or necklace slot with very different effects, such as increasing some skill, some kind of regeneration, turning invisible or even teleporting you back to town.
U49Ban.jpg

• A really dedicated map, being built to be very dense in content and hard to fully explore its secrets. Your first important quest will be to leave the city through its labirintic sewers and deep caves, which is a real challenge that will take you several hours and a couple friends to accomplish!
8HrBPN.jpg

Fenris is being created to be a fresh experience that will take you back to the days where we were all eager to explore new places, getting stronger and solving puzzles! Please, if interested, use this thread to ask me any questions about this project!

here we go ppl, HES BACK !!
its great to hear about this project of yours, honestly ever since ive played thronar, nothing came close in terms of quality content and player interactions, well, thats all we need :D

would play grind again 15/10
Fenris GOTY 2017

now a few questions here
is there a pvp/ arena sort of thing
is there a lvl cap/ mastery points limit

Attachments

• fenrisiscoming.jpg
    fenrisiscoming.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 14 · VirusTotal
here we go ppl, HES BACK !!
its great to hear about this project of yours, honestly ever since ive played thronar, nothing came close in terms of quality content and player interactions, well, thats all we need :D

would play grind again 15/10
Fenris GOTY 2017

now a few questions here
is there a pvp/ arena sort of thing
is there a lvl cap/ mastery points limit

Hey, I remember you from back then! I'm glad you think this way.

About the arena, I haven't done it yet but it's surely something that will be implemented before some kind of launch. I always try to make the content pvp friendly.

And there is no level cap so far, but the rate is really low, probably a bit slower than Thronar. You will get a mastery point each 3 levels, and you will have to spend an increasing ammount of gold each time you buy one. So far there are 20 masteries with 3 ranks each, so you would need level 180 and an astronomical ammount of money to get all of them, just not gonna happen hahaha.

baldurs gate without a lvl cap, nice

any plans for a test server? so we can start working towards 180lv :D

speaking of very dense content, do mobs turn aggro as soon as they show up on our screens, or can we step on their territory without luring

** will we get to see the desert town from your mapping thread in Fenris?

Do you still have the feature where opening boxes, chests, crates, containers, etc.. would give exp, items, money, equipment, and rare valuables at random?

baldurs gate without a lvl cap, nice

any plans for a test server? so we can start working towards 180lv :D

speaking of very dense content, do mobs turn aggro as soon as they show up on our screens, or can we step on their territory without luring

** will we get to see the desert town from your mapping thread in Fenris?

Im planning on a test server as soon as I get the initial area done, since the systems are pretty much done so far.

And no, at least not yet, creatures aggro the same as normal Tibia so far. I would like to implement such a system to be honest but hasnt been a priority so far.

And no, we won't get that city in Fenris :( I really love that theme but it doesnt fit this scenario.

Do you still have the feature where opening boxes, chests, crates, containers, etc.. would give exp, items, money, equipment, and rare valuables at random?

Yes! This is a returning feature aswell but with many differences. There are a lot of chests with different difficulties hidden in the city and dungeons which you will need lockpicks to unlock for random good pieces of equipment, gold and other stuff. There are even masteries that improve your chance to open them and the rewards.

O3l52L.jpg

Last edited:
I'm working on the final touches of the basic systems and I've made a slightly improved version of a spellbook you can get with the !spells command:

5Z40R6.jpg

Any thoughts on it? :D

it would be nice for those S-spell to have another rpgish incantation seen on cast

it would be nice for those S-spell to have another rpgish incantation seen on cast

I'm thinking about it, but it's so hard to create spell words that doesn't sound cliche... and I'd never use tibia spell words, I want to be apart from it. I will give this some more thought.

I'm thinking about it, but it's so hard to create spell words that doesn't sound cliche... and I'd never use tibia spell words, I want to be apart from it. I will give this some more thought.
kemeno
alatis
erena
avolis
tulema
remat
patar
verem
lei
arkva
danvi
ermedo
kendari
ratachi
faroom
er amali
kanage
erav
pare
:D
or you want actual spell names?

kemeno
alatis
erena
avolis
tulema
remat
patar
verem
lei
arkva
danvi
ermedo
kendari
ratachi
faroom
er amali
kanage
erav
pare
:D
or you want actual spell names?

I think to have spell words, they would have to be coherent and have some meaning behind them. Like, fireball or fire wave would have very similar words, but some pre or sufix to diferentiate.

I enjoy the S-Spells. Sometimes simple is good. I guess some creativity couldn't hurt but I would rather see time spent on something else. :D

I enjoy the S-Spells. Sometimes simple is good. I guess some creativity couldn't hurt but I would rather see time spent on something else. :D

Right now my time is being spent on mapping, it's always the trickiest part for me. This is the ground floor right now:

6Wp1nJ.jpg

While, of course its very small, the idea is to be compact and have as many dungeons possible and relevant locations. For instance, this is the -1 floor of the first dungeon:

plc5iP.jpg

Don't worry, this won't spoil anything since there is so many blocked ways and paths to find that having this map won't help much!

I think to have spell words, they would have to be coherent and have some meaning behind them. Like, fireball or fire wave would have very similar words, but some pre or sufix to diferentiate.
try rune names from diablo 2 nobody gonna give shit

You could always use latin words for already made spells for example "Fire Ball" would be "Ignis Sphera"

Back