• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

few questions about otserv

s1mple

DevlandOT.eu
Solutions
Reaction score
I have some questions which are mostly about todays tibia servers and community. I'v been long time afk, sometimes looking how it all goes but I would like to ask you about:

1) Whats the most playable client right now by ppl? 7.4? 8.6? 10.98? I mean its better to go for oldschools or new ones?
2) Custom maps like old good karmia have any chances with rl maps?
3) Does people play good old classic maps like karmia?

I'm asking coz i would like to host one more time this baby.

Thinking what client would be best to work on it.

Would be nice to get some feedback.

Ofc server will be non-profit. By players for players.

mainly people go for newer clients because it's more accessible and updated
but you will also have the players that choose the older clients, whether it be for nostalgia from when they played or it could just be that it's their favorite client.
rl maps are like the plague of the ot world imo, so i wouldn't expect to do as well as an rl map nowadays in comparison with a custom server
with a custom server you should probably think about revolutionary ideas that nobody's ever seen before or implement something from another game into your server, you'd probably get a higher playercount
technically people play anything, it's just a matter of what you think should be an ideal playercount for your server, so i'd figure yeah people would play old classic maps but something with twists
if you're creating a server by players for players and non-profit, just try to create something people will like
you don't have to have a high playercount to have fun and enjoy creating your own server
good luck friend

mainly people go for newer clients because it's more accessible and updated
but you will also have the players that choose the older clients, whether it be for nostalgia from when they played or it could just be that it's their favorite client.
rl maps are like the plague of the ot world imo, so i wouldn't expect to do as well as an rl map nowadays in comparison with a custom server
with a custom server you should probably think about revolutionary ideas that nobody's ever seen before or implement something from another game into your server, you'd probably get a higher playercount
technically people play anything, it's just a matter of what you think should be an ideal playercount for your server, so i'd figure yeah people would play old classic maps but something with twists
if you're creating a server by players for players and non-profit, just try to create something people will like
you don't have to have a high playercount to have fun and enjoy creating your own server
good luck friend

well then i might try do it on 10.98

btw can you send me your skype / discord? would like to talk with you about your services. Might need some help and advices.

Back