• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

First attempt att mapping

SNeko

Reaction score
I have absolutely no experience at mapping from before, only from checking out this forum.
So i tried to make a water elemental cave~

Im looking for feedback from you guys at what I did wrong/good and what to improve :)

The mountains around are not done, but I decided to get some feedback before I finish the cave!

Here are some pictures :
liaM851.jpg

uWkWFsn.jpg

DJCDw6b.jpg

cdcYp5i.jpg

TIUTj64.jpg

PtJHi7b.jpg

Last edited:
I have absolutely no experience at mapping from before, only from checking out this forum.
So i tried to make a water elemental cave~

Im looking for feedback from you guys at what I did wrong/good and what to improve :)

The mountains around are not done, but I decided to get some feedback before I finish the cave!

Here are some pictures :
liaM851.jpg

uWkWFsn.jpg

DJCDw6b.jpg

cdcYp5i.jpg

TIUTj64.jpg

PtJHi7b.jpg
you are supposed to post this here: https://otland.net/forums/mapping-showoff.57/

IT LOOKS LIKE SHIT OMG URE SUCH A NOOB GTFO GET A LIFE MAN UGLY MAPS EUHEUHEUHEUE

jk

It looks good for a first timer. If I were you I would make the path less wide and remove alot of the crystals and add more variation in ground (gravel/stone) and add some rubbles (the grey ones). I have never made a water elemental cave before, but I might do it soon and drop a few pics around the forum, hoping it might explain you what I'm talking about.

Keep it up, it's gr8 for someone who's new to mapping.

looks good for first attempt, maybe try mix it up a bit with jungle grass where you have some of your plants, and maybe one or two bridges?
2ecd878fe7a09acb2d46ece9a67ab5d6.jpg

i am by no means any pro, but this is how i would have done it :p (bigger size ofc)

looks good for first attempt, maybe try mix it up a bit with jungle grass where you have some of your plants, and maybe one or two bridges?
2ecd878fe7a09acb2d46ece9a67ab5d6.jpg

i am by no means any pro, but this is how i would have done it :p (bigger size ofc)

this is pretty bad i would say

Not going to brag but, it defenitely looks better than yours as I used raw instead of autorbordering everything <3

Not going to brag but, it defenitely looks better than yours as I used raw instead of autorbordering everything <3
seba's latest piece is RAW.
He never even quoted your piece, he quoted GOD Wille's piece.

Back