• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

First map Post!

Gokudrew

Reaction score
Advice/Comments are welcome!

zpUsr.jpg

Attachments

• screenshot_2012-06-4-4-12-10.jpg
    screenshot_2012-06-4-4-12-10.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 4 · VirusTotal
Last edited:
thanks

@abes800 and 4muki4

Any advice? This is only my first one

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks

@abes800 and 4muki4

Any advice? This is only my first one

Spammed details (those rocks on river and more), bad nature, too squarish.
Try to map somewhat without autoborders, its more time consuming but on the bright side.. it'll look better.
Anyways, keep it up!

Last edited:
Terrible borders on the mountains. Spammed river , spammed nature (you should try to add smt more then just trees everywhere), squary houses and that dirt.

when u are a mapper u can see that not everything is autobordered.... -.-
guys dont be that fuckin unfriendly to him, he is a beginnen, you have to give him some useful tipps.

well if it's your first map, it's good. but you have to improve alot

1. Some parts look too squary, like the river or the cooking place
2. Don't shape your mountain like that ;) try something iregular, some kind of coolness (has something to do with 1., dont make it too squary or regular, try special kind of shapes)
3. Never let your Borders hang over mountains. (Imo that sucks)
4. Don't use jungle plants in snow areas :).
5. Don't spam with those stones in the water, like 3-5 are okay for that part.
6. Try to make the nature a bit exciting, add some bushes in some kind of blocks and add those snowy things on top of it. (idk the name atm, such small snow items)
7. Make it PLAYABLE, it looks like u can't reach some other position, you can't go on top of the mountain or across the river. Do you? And don't say you can't see the stairs or the bridge.

Here you got some small tips to improve. Keep it up dude. I want to see more.

Kind regards,
Blackstone

@ Blackstone- First person I would consider a mapper to post here, thanks!

One person mentions the words "auto border or raw" and everyone else jumps on like a bandwagon.

I said you are the only "mapper" to post here so far because you know what you are talking about and can see what is auto bordered and what's not. Although I didn't use auto border for anything.

1. some squary (I agree- like the dirt, I tried making it irregular shape but couldn't find the dirt corner piece sprite needed at 4 am so said f**k it and did that. (also with the trees. That was all just open space and didn't know what to put there at 4 am so also just threw trees in)

2. I was trying a natural look for the mountain. Mountains get smaller and smaller to a peak at the top. Snow falling as it may, snow maybe fell off a higher cliff and built up on the edges. Also with the stones in the water. Rocks and stones fall from mountains, the small current in the water would move smaller rocks along whereas the bigger rocks wouldn't move very far and build up at the start of the river.

I wasn't going for the clean, polished, planned out type of map that everyone always does. That is too easy :p

I'm glad he used raw for the most part, on the other hand I think he only needs to improve on the detailing and making it less squary.
Good luck :)

Back