• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

@First map...

login12

void newbie scripter()
Reaction score
Well, i so bored in this dawn... so i try make something with map editor keppo.
in first time i tried make something for vampire or like that, but i make it and i dont know why xD

IV1kbBIg.png

something like entrance...
well, how i can make it better?
haaail

First of all, I wouldn't start using the new sprites if I were you. Begin with original structures, normal nature etc because you clearly haven't learned about the fundamentals of mapping yet.

The mappiece lacks a lot of details, and your bordering is close to 100% autoborder style. And just look at the road... if I were Gordon Ramsay I'd say it's fucking raw mate. Not even a single piece of stone on the road? C'mon. Also the gate structure is horrible, it needs revamping. Learn how to border correctly, and learn how to detail things.

Other than that I just have a few pointers on the mountain. Check the picture below.
6a977a0fc73e66b5e98312c455816395.png

Red: Mountain borders aren't correctly placed.
Green: You use the wrong mountain walls.
Orange: Incorrect mountain borders and it looks really bad that the gate structure is going inside the mountain.
Pink: The rocks are ON the mountain borders, not a commonly used technique and it just looks bad imo.

That's pretty much it.

TL;DR
Can't place mountain borders correctly, nor mountain walls. Bad bordering on grounds, lack of details. Shouldn't use new sprites when beginning to map, should work on normal standard structures/nature.

Back