• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Fixing settings.props to compile without problem. (Visual Studio)

ObsidianQ

Solutions
Reaction score
Hello,

It is very easy to compile nowdays, download the files, execute the .bat files and done, both BOOST and SDK paths are set on the enviroment.

But there's an small issue:
When trying to compile, an error appears, it can't find certain lib from the boost folder on the OTClient SDK.

This is simply fixed by adding a few lines to otclientmaster\vc14\settings.props.

Just below
Code:
<PropertyGroup Label="UserMacros">

and above
Code:
<LUA_DIR>$(OTCLIENTSDKDir)\LuaJIT-2.1.0\</LUA_DIR>

Add this line:
Code:
<LUA_DIR>$(OTCLIENTSDKDir)\LuaJIT-2.1.0\</LUA_DIR>

Now go to "<OTCLIENT_LIBS>" and "<OTCLIENT_LIBS64>" and just below each modify the first line and replace with this...

For <OTCLIENT_LIBS> section:
Code:
$(BOOST_DIR)\lib32-msvc-14.0;

And for the <OTCLIENT_LIBS64> section:
Code:
$(BOOST_DIR)\lib64-msvc-14.0;

It should look like this:
Qlb8b9IjSUW_ya9Kj7-W2w.png

IMB3fREcQFGWrE4eGXpLjw.png

I hope this helps those guys who struggle to compile and ends up adding every directory to the project settings. Now all you have to do is follow the instructions on the Github site: Download, place the files on their place and execute the .bat files properly to set the enviroment paths, open the project (And ofc, set it to Release / (ArchitectureOfYourChoice) (32 or 64)... And build!

Tip: I always build OTClient as Release/x32 since x64 gives tons of warnings while the x32 build comes almost clean.

If anyone knows how to properly build x64 without those tons of warnings or even know how to compile with DX9 support (Using Angle i believe) Please share.

Would you share the SDK and libs you use to compile?
Would you very kindly make a more thorough tutorial from scratch? (What to download, where to put, fixes, etc).

Would you share the SDK and libs you use to compile?
Would you very kindly make a more thorough tutorial from scratch? (What to download, where to put, fixes, etc).

Hello, everything is on the official WIKI of the repo at Github: Compiling on Windows · edubart/otclient Wiki · GitHub

Just follow the steps for Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 :)
It works perfectly if you change the settings as said here and follow the steps on the wiki.

Edit: The only issue is the Visual Studio 2015 link there, let me search it and i will post it.
(It weights like 7GB)

Back