• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Flash ACC

Furylid

Reaction score
Hello, I am just wondering, is it any idea of making an ACC with flash? (Useable with MACC, for an example). Are there any known disadvantages? I've started a small skin and about to continue with importing php into it, simple php with css works just fine, and in my opinion is better. I just wanted to do something different for a change.
Furelid WAR

If you mean loading the whole swf, yes. There is also security risks as you can decompile actionscripts and making a potential hacker able to read the code. Would you agree on the only "advantage" is the look? Ofcourse this can be done in css, it's just a bit easier when it comes to flash. Thanks for your opinion!

Flash justtt suckssssssssssssssssssssssss........ good design anyway

No problem. <3 Only thing you can prevent in flash when adding databases is to set restrictions of users.
Thank you, nclx, I will change it to css and release it.

Bad idea. There is no SEO (not atm), loads slow, not everyone has Flash installed by default... Almost all of these things can easily be done in CSS&JavaScript without affecting the search engines.

Conclusion: Don't waste more time with this and focus on something else.

#Edit:
Just my personal opinion.

Last edited:
Thank you for the information, in my case SEO doesn't matter really much. I am using flash for a header on my friends site, I guess that is where the line goes.

Back