• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Team For fun (learning) oldschool server <= 8.6

Source

Veteran OT User
Reaction score
GitHub
source61
Looking for a team to make a fun server for learning & good times.
All positions except for leader/lead developer are open (developers are still welcome), you decide what you want to do and can switch roles whenever you want to.

Tibia protocol version <= 8.6.
We'll be using fresh OTClient or classic client and TFS 1.2 or OTHire or anything, doesn't really matter to me.

Things you'll need 🔨
1) A github account
2) The git software
3) Learn how to use git
4) (Optional) Learn how to compile the server on your computer to test changes on your own computer to make sure it works before you upload
5) Positive vibes 💙

Things I can do for the team as the lead dev:
  • Host the server
  • All forms of administration
  • Some server and client development
  • Some social organizating
  • Organize some information/tutorials etc

Some of my prior ot accomplishments can be found here: I've also written a discord bot, a twitch bot and a http server wo/ deps, a web-hosted tool that parses your map network data to objects and creatures for analysis here and much more.

For applications make a post (optional) and contact me on discord with a few words about yourself. Discord id: Source#1987

Last edited:
Might not be any interest for this project, but I'll post the pictures of some recent work here just in case:

Full size client: classic interface, 2 types of source protection, opengl and dx9
t8BUPAV.png

My hand-written C++ server side by side with client. Recently added monster randWalk all across the map even without players on
kcCTsR1.png

Optimized map loading by 2-3x + multicore for another 2x+ (old loading time: >60s, new 7.7s with 4 cores).
F0UP0d2.png

Unbuffered real-time data over http
W9T6b16.png

Cam system
pDkx4Mb982d9bad35782d1c.gif

Automated network analysis tool, both cli and for the web:
sbgeU6u.png

Also note: when I use the word fun here it doesn't mean not serious.
Some people may or may not be serious, but whatever you're making can be as serious as you want it to be and can be reused for your own projects.
So you should be light-hearted around other members, but what you want to work on is up to you, simple or complex, easy or difficult, and I'll always be around to try to help with either as long as you choose to be a part of the team.

Last edited:
Today's updates:
  • We bought a VPS
  • Installed and are running Nekiro's downgraded TFS 1.3 (7.72) with some bugs fixed
  • Fixed bugs related to map editing for this distro
  • Installed and fixed myaac incompatibilities (bugs) with this distro
  • Fixed SSL/HTTPS and added a server domain

We're running a meme map right now until we've started creating our own, but feel free to join us and try the server out at Latest News - Forgotten (https://tinyurl.com/tfs130)

You have my support if you use otc1.0, just report the bugs in the project's github, the walking system is working well in version 8.6.

You have my support if you use otc1.0, just report the bugs in the project's github, the walking system is working well in version 8.6.

Something is off, it looks very laggy compared to cip client. I think it's something with floor if you walk fast. Walking animations are also off when walking slow.

Thanks for the heads up, we'll look into it tomorrow and will probably try otclient1.0 out! :)

Something is off, it looks very laggy compared to cip client. I think it's something with floor if you walk fast. Walking animations are also off when walking slow.
I can't tell, but we fixed the issue mentioned in the otland discord by just updating otclient btw. I was using an old client, newest otclient was working smoothly.
And thanks for the server!

Back