• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling Forgotten Dev-Cpp

iLeet

Reaction score
Hey,
When I try to compile the Forgotten Server it says,

[Linker error] undefined reference to `boost::system::get_posix_category()'
more undefined references to `boost::system::get_posix_category()' follow
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Desktop\TheForgottenServer 0.3b2\Source\dev-cpp\Makefile.win [Build Error] [../../../../../../Dev-Cpp/theforgottenserver/TheForgottenServer.exe] Error 1

Why is that?
Im using the one that the devolpers of The Forgotten Server made.

Bump:rolleyes:

Bump, I really need this!

Last edited by a moderator:
Use Sources from TAGS i think u using trunk, and trunk will not work(for us)

Download Link (tags 0.3 Beta 2 - 8.4) Here

Download Link (tags 0.2 Patch 22 - 8.4) Here

I know this is offtopic (sorry) but is there any way to download all the source at the same time? Instead of downloading them 1 by 1..

Also, what is TAGS / Trunk? :confused: Sorry for invading your thread with my noobish questions, Yoman.

I know this is offtopic (sorry) but is there any way to download all the source at the same time? Instead of downloading them 1 by 1..

Also, what is TAGS / Trunk? :confused: Sorry for invading your thread with my noobish questions, Yoman.

Yeah use Tortoise SVN or click at the bottom of the sources:

Download GNU tarball:

sources.png

Rep ME IF HELPED YOU!

okay, okay your getting offtopic,
Yes im using tags.

I got everything sorted out my latest error is

F:\OTServers\TheForgottenServer 0.3b2\Source\dev-cpp\gcc installation problem, cannot exec `cc1': No such file or directory.
[Resource error] no resources
F:\OTServers\TheForgottenServer 0.3b2\Source\dev-cpp\Makefile.win [Build Error] [obj//TheForgottenServer_private.res] Error 1

It has to work, you just need to use Dev-Cpp from Talaturen open the project in sources and compile...

Maybe you can try looking if there is not source file missing at your project, i think protocolold.cpp and protocolold.h are not in the project!

Back