• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Forwarded Ports - Closed

Jaffstern

Jaff Sourceworks
Reaction score
Hello, I posted a similar thing not too long ago, but I've tried almost everything that's even possible to make it able to connect with my ports. I printed it, does anyone know what the problem is. I'd be in your debt, lol.

Ports.jpg

Last edited:
I did that, my portchecker still says it's blocked. I even allowed the ports through my firewall. Done everything that should make it work. No I don't.

Keep in mind you have to forward to the your own local IP adress, preferred a static one. Your server must be running on port 7171 as well, otherwise it'll show as closed too.

Yeah, I thought that too but I can't set the static IP-adress when I'm forwarding the ports, it only allows me to set the IP of my computer. Yes, it's running on port 7171. This isn't something that I'm not familiar with, I had my ports working before, I just don't know the issue now. I have done everything right.

What kind of error gives the portchecker? Check if the IPv4 address is still 192.168.1.2. What kind of error do people get if they try to login? Are you sure everything is still correct in firewall (turned off or allowed the ports there). Got any (new) virusscanner that can block it?
If a portchecker site say it's closed it doesn't always have to be closed, so be sure you also check if people can log in.

It just tells me that the port is blocked. No, my IPv4 adress is something else, but I can't forward ports with none other IP than 192.168.1.2, when logging in it delays a lot. Then the error window appears, something like "connection error: 10003". Haven't memorized the exact number. Yes, I double checked my firewall. Everything seems fine. No, my virusscanner doesn't block ports.

Ok, so I configured a new static IP. It didn't work at all. By the way, on this computer (which is supposed for hosting), I'm running Windows on Bootcamp, but I suppose it shouldn't matter.

Set up a good firewall and put on DMZ for your server comp

How to set up DMZ with your router (Netgear Wireless-N 150)

Press WAN-Konfiguration in the router homescreen (192.168.1.1)

Quote from Your routers manual:
Wireless-N 150 User manual said:
2. The WAN Setup screen lets you configure a default DMZ server.
To assign a computer or server to be a default DMZ server:
  1. Select the Default DMZ Server check box.
  2. In the Default DMZ Server fields, enter the IP address for that computer or server.
  3. Click Apply.

Warning: DMZ servers pose a security risk. A computer designated as the default DMZ
server loses much of the protection of the firewall, and is exposed to exploits
from the Internet. If compromised, the DMZ server computer can be used to
attack other computers on your network.

.. that should forward all incomming packets to your ip to the server by default so i suggest installing a good firewall and something to protect you from getting DDoSed.

To check your local IP (to put DMZ on) Press Startmenyn -> Kör -> cmd -> write "ipconfig" and press enter, the ip listed as your IPv4 Address should be your local ip.

A User Manual for your Router can be found here: ftp://downloads.netgear.com/files/WNR1000_UM_WW_26Jan09.pdf

Voila! We're done.

Last edited:
Tackar, thanks Pheenix! I'll test this out soon! Hopefully it's going work, looks promising. :) I'll rep you without a doubt.

- - - Updated - - -

"Port 7171 is closed on ... (IP)", do you have any clue? Those ports are really bugging me.

Back