• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Found this recently hope you enjoy :) OTCv8 + Sources

thesxw

Reaction score
Last week someone posted a 2 month old leak.

Now this.

Who is Josh though? My condolences if this is a real story.

This is TibiaSwap client ?
Client uses same logo as in 'whitepaper'(blog of TS) site.

Old sources, hopefully thread will be deleted (again) quickly.

You have mehah's OTC which is open source.
I thought v8 is shit, why do you bother leaking it then? 🤪

There are already open source clients as Oen said.

Doing this kind of stuff is just trash, it gets taken down for a reason and just makes the people who actually make things for the community not want to actually get involved no wonder some of the good coders just leave and end up hating the community, then we are just left with tons of trash.

Actually I disagree. I'm aware Oen and Lee have provided a shit ton of open source stuff for the community, but you're wrong here.

I don't get involved with Otclient drama (in fact, I only mostly shitpost thesedays) but releasing sources for v8 will progress open sourced otclients, which, at the end of the day, that is what Otland is about. So I don't see any reason for it to be removed.

If you don't like it, fuck off back to your Discord server and cry about closed source projects being released there.

Edit:

Doing this kind of stuff is just trash, it gets taken down for a reason and just makes the people who actually make things for the community not want to actually get involved no wonder some of the good coders just leave and end up hating the community, then we are just left with tons of trash.

I disagree, it removes coders who are trying to profit from an open source community from the open source community. I see no issues here.

Open Tibia is open Tibia... A lot of datapacks, sources, sprites was leaked... This is how Open Tibia works. If you dont like, just quit. Go cry on your discord server.

I'm aware Oen and Lee have provided a shit ton of open source stuff for the community, but you're wrong here.
I haven't posted anything worth mentioning in like 2 years cause fuck this community, you guys deserve nothing.
OT is the worst open source based community I have ever been a part of, its just disgusting.

So Aurelion (aka Reddington and Kostas) leaked this thing just like my server Nostalrius, this is unfortunate, I am extremely sorry since I completely sympathize with Kondra and Oen and the other otcv8 developers, nobody likes to see their work being leaked for free so everyone can continue leeching off someone's time and effort.

to say the least, do you guys remember obs ? yes the pc recording software that has the same license as otc has. Imagine what happend... streamlabs joinked all the code rebranded it and doesnt provide the source (maybe some scraps or if you pay them) - hmmm that sounds familiar...
I also dont like my private things getting leaked, but they cant remove the sources from github if they use LICENSE from otclient edubart, well it literally says "do whatever you want with the copy of the code you obtained" tbh. i will preffer for otcv8 to completly rebrand themself change license and rewrite source in a non recognized way to the otc from edubart or mehah one but that will be impossible to do for them well...

Actually I disagree. I'm aware Oen and Lee have provided a shit ton of open source stuff for the community, but you're wrong here.

I don't get involved with Otclient drama (in fact, I only mostly shitpost thesedays) but releasing sources for v8 will progress open sourced otclients, which, at the end of the day, that is what Otland is about. So I don't see any reason for it to be removed.

If you don't like it, fuck off back to your Discord server and cry about closed source projects being released there.

Edit:

I disagree, it removes coders who are trying to profit from an open source community from the open source community. I see no issues here.
Only thing I "profit" off is custom work that people request, which is exactly what Aurelion etc did before all the bad press came out about them?.

I do a ton of free work, as you pointed out in your post.
I get 0 profit from otclientv8 being open or closed source, so that doesn't bother me at all what it is.

I get the whole they want it open source etc but spamming the links everywhere and making new discord accounts etc, is the wrong way about going about it.

They aren't doing it now to make it open source, they are doing it now just to be toxic.
We are supposed to be a community, not just screwing people off left right and centre who work hard to make things others did not.

Back