• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[FRANCE] ARNIA 9.54 100% Custom Server

Arn

Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the Arnia launch announcement thread!

Server Information:
Client: 9.54
IP: arnia.org OR 5.39.52.208
Port: 7171

Server hosted in France, while being developed in the USA for an English speaking demographic.

Website | Forum

About the Server:
Arnia is a brand new Open Tibia project that just finished Beta testing and is going into it's first week of release. We anticipate many new players to join us in the server in growing a community and a player environment that leaves everybody wanting for more.

We took a look at a lot of the things that Tibia did right and kept those features, while adding a ton of new features, in order to bring Tibia up to speed with other popular MMO's. You'll find ideas in Arnia that can also be seen in games like WoW, GW/GW2, Runescape, and more.

Server Features:

Staged Experience
Staged experience is not allays a good idea. Sometimes linear progress is better. However, in Arnia, were using staged experience because it works perfectly with the kind of game we want. We want players to be able to get into the game quickly, and then approach the difficulty of leveling gradually. In addition, there are so many other ways of gaining experience that these stages only factor in to a part of the experience your character receives.

• 1-14 : 5x
  • 15-23 : 4x
  • 25+ : 2x

Potions:
Potions are one of the primary resources in Arnia. Unlike other OT's, in Arnia, potions cannot be bought at stores. While this may seem like a problem, there are MANY other ways of acquiring potions. Herbs are combined in order to make potions, and as such, herbs can be found all over Arnia, found in quests, dropped from npcs (see npc system), and obtained in Herb Pouches. Herb Pouches are satchels that contain a random number of herbs. In addition, each time you open an herb satchell or combine herbs, you gain experience!

AkJF6.png

IyfsA.png

Classes:
There are currently 6 different classes, each with its own unique set of spells and abilities. We have plans to add as many as 2-4 more classes in the future. You can read a short description of each class here, as well as reading much more information in the Arnia Library.
  • Berserker - The berserker attacks very quickly, using both sword and axe skill in his abilities. His abilities use only health as a resource, and while his damage is quite high, his armor is lacking and he does not use a shield.
  • Archer - The archer moves fast as lightning, using bows and arrows to attack his opponents. He can create special ammunition to apply poison effects, bleeding effects, slowing effects, and even some special abilities such as bouncing arrow.
  • Storm Herald - The storm herald is a master of all things lightning and thunder. The storm herald uses many different types of energy attacks to devastate his opponent. In addition, he can gain mana back for damage taken, transform into an elemental, and teleport from town to town using the power of the storm.
  • Runesmith - The runesmith is the primary rune-maker. He can create any rune, and uses these runes in his hunts or to boost the abilities of his teammates. The runes include damaging runes, healing runes, speed runes, lootbag runes, wilfire runes, and many many more. If you like training/mana sitting and making friends by selling runes, then the runesmith is for you.
  • Necromancer - The necromancer summons undead minions to fight by his side. The type and strength of the minions increases as he levels. In addition, the necromancer has many death based abilities such as life drain, and detonate undead.
  • Shaman - The shaman uses an animal companion and the strength of nature to overcome his opponents. He mainly uses a 2h club or a club and shield and is very strong defensively.

Food / Fishing
In Tibia, food and fishing have become unimportant and out-dated. In arnia, we decided to change that. There are currently no npcs that sell food. This means that all food is either hunted, found, or looted. However, we've made some serious changes that change how food is acquired. For example, all creatures in the wild like deers, rabbits, and pigs give food, as well as experience and creature parts. Another example is the bread system, which rewards players for every single step of the process. This means experience for harvesting wheat, experience for making flour, experience for making dough, and finally experience for making bread. In addition, bread is some of the best / strongest food in the game. Lastly, lets talk about fishing. Worms are only looted off undead or rotworms, and as such are precious. However, fishing skill is gained rapidly, and there are 6 different types of fish that can be caught. Each type of fish is harder to get than the other, and you get experience based on the quality of fish that you catch. It is also possible to sell these fish to a store for a profit! (see pictures below)
BpIWi.png

BSraa.png

QXlwK.png

NPCs
There have been a ton of different types of npcs added to the game. They are not enough to get in your way or block, you, yet they add a lot of flavor and feeling of life to the game. In addition, they serve a more important purpose! Npcs, tend to 'lose' items in Arnia, that means that once or twice a day they'll drop an item. These items varry depending on the npc dropping them. So for example a guard might drop a sword, or a health potion, or even a plate armor. A magician might drop a mana potion, or a rune of death and decay! There are many many types of npcs, and many different items that they drop, so make sure you keep an eye open!

oodk6.png

5pXz5.png

Tutorial Island
Tutorial island is designed to be incredibly quick (~3-5 minutes), and teaches the player about all the features on Arnia. All of the tutorial island stop points are designed to generate errors if the player doesn't know what to do. By following the blue arrows, your guarenteed to complete the tutorial with no problems! The tutorial teaches you about potions, bread, crafting, mining, fighting, and more.

H3ce5.png

A0Ljx.png

Mining
Mining is the process of harvesting gems from mineral veins found in rocks above and underground. These gems are used in recipes to craft weapons and armor, in quests, and can be sold back to the store for profit. The screenshots below are from the tutorial island section of the mining.

j0W7X.png

aKsQV.png

Advanced Spellbook
We thought it would be great if the spellbook gave a lot more information than it does. For example, it should show the formula for the skill, the soul cost, the cooldown, and a description. So we made it!

iTOS6.png

Crafting / Salvaging System

The salvaging system allows players to destroy loot in order to acquire crafting materials. For example a sword can be turned into crude iron, and fifteen crude iron can be used to make a barbarian axe (for example). There are several different types of crafting materials, and better loot gives more materials back. In addition, players learn new recipes when they salvage old items. See below!

9SfBk.png

ipr5T.png

JER85.png

Market System

We have a working market system! Balance can be added using !addbalance "x" or !removebalance "x". This also allows you to store gold on your character wherever you are!

PvP / Player Tokens
While pking has always been a controversial part of Tibia, it allows players to sort problems out for themselves. In Arnia, we've added two new features you might like. You recieve a player's skull with their name, your name, and both player's level on it at the time of death. This is a trophy to show off or to try to get back from your killer. In addition, you can see how many pvp deaths and pvp kills a player has.

9QDCr.png

8fQaw.png

Outfits / Mounts
Outfits are unlocked by purchasing them with a variety of creature parts and gold. Mounts will be unlocked in a similar fashion, although they will not be available on release.

Other Features
We do have some other features, like for example Gates. Gates can be toggled by switches that players can use to allow or disallow access to a city or other area. Below, you can see the gate to the main city Kreiq!

Fa20Q.png

Future of Arnia!
So where is Arnia going? What's the schedule? Well, every week after release, we'll be adding new content. This means new spells, items, recipes, quests, etc. In addition, we'll be incorporating a lot of the player's ideas into the game such as suggestions, bug fixes, and balance changes. We even have a section of the forum that allows players to map small section, and if the quality is good, it will be incorporated into the game.

Additional Screenshots
A5FXq.png
kCeZ4.png

AtsHX.png
hBIvQ.png

WJr5U.png
A8IrD.png

5x3LF.png

Last edited:
what happend to other thread?
still same hour for release? so in a few minutes?
if so the timer of the site is wrong

edit:
when i open the site i get : cant connect to database :s

Last edited:
Other thread got removed because [EUROPE] isn't ok, but [FRANCE] is. Even though its more misleading.

jep i still got the same problem :(
btw i made new account cause i couldnt get onto other old one :(

Game goes down :(
Loved the server, but I think there should have a task/quest/mission to do after the tutorial island.

Hey all, server crashed a couple times. I found a bug with the spell "bouncing shot", which has been disabled for now. Should be stable now!

-fingers crossed-

Necros cant summon anything, and having 1 healing spells and no attacks are quite lame :/

Necros sure can summon things lol. However, the Necro is lacking in the offensive spell department, there are more spells coming in the next patch!

- - - Updated - - -

shamans having low health doesnt make sense at all

There are more defensive spells coming soon for the shaman, as well as more companion spells. The 'low' health won't feel that bad. Have faith.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm so confused on what to do. ;$

Ask me anything, and I'd be happy to help you out!

Gonna give this another shot...but i bet its still hard as fuck to enjoy anything. Still need to runemake 150h for 2 lvl? Anything new? Any beta player can tell me if anything changed at all?

What u do...
Mine in caves,kill monsters,train.
im 13 berserker atm and i like it alot:D
I have a guild too, if anyone intrested to join.
PM Fearbear when im online

Gonna give this another shot...but i bet its still hard as fuck to enjoy anything. Still need to runemake 150h for 2 lvl? Anything new? Any beta player can tell me if anything changed at all?

I don't think many people share your opinion that the game is very difficult. So far, I've seen lots of people level through the early levels very quickly. And the only class that requires mana sitting is the runesmith. There are 5 other classes to play. I suggest you give it another try, if you find any issues, leave feedback on the forums, so that I can make changes. I value every single player's feedback, and am currently working on changes based on what I saw today.

Actually it wasnt that bad this time around.. Got to 27 pretty quick even being a runesmith (didnt need to mana sit as i could make rune while hunting and it was smooth) Died often and such. IDK it seem easier then the last time i played. LvL'ed 4 class to 25 in beta and they all took a while. Now its kinda easy and challenging enough. Once you stop hunting the noob crap you really feel its getting harder.

Once i get to 28 (lootbag rune) imma try and lvl a necro since i havent saw any.

i've tried archer this time around, so far I am enjoying it quite a lot however there are like no herbs on the ground, getting herb pouches seems harder and potions seem incredibly rare. Luckily i got UHPs, idk how! but i did!

My only complaints so far as an archer is: starter eq has barely any armor (i got slightly better eq but base stats is horrid on other eq).

besides that, i only wish you could get slightly better bows early on, and thats about it.

Only spell I complain about is double shot. 10 mana and costs 2 arrows to do too little damage.. sure you can spam it but.. the dmg is too little for that mana cost IMHO!. reduce it to 5 mana and I think it would be balanced.

One other thing, make npc for archers sell basic bolts as well.. only makes sense.

And make some kind of spell for archer that actually uses their ML, currently I have 8 ml and its useless.

Last edited:
Back