• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[FRANCE] [CUSTOM] ANIMERA V7.6 / 17 CLASSES / STORY MODE / DUNGEONS / UNIQUE MAP / IMBUEMENTS / FULL NATURE SYSTEM (RELAUNCH 10-MARCH-19:00 CET)

Server Website/AAC
https://animera.online
Server Address
animera.online
Server Port
Client Protocol
I think youve spend too much time being a developper rather then a player. Couple years back i played every variation/ each of the release /test etc and, sad to say problem seems to persists after all these year. You seems to have some nice idea and overall your servers are pretty fun. But sometime i feel the stuff you do seems to be good on paper but in reality,when your playing,is bad. And clearly you have problem listening to feedbacks. I mean you probably dont remember since you've been going for years but this is clearly same criticism ive had with you years ago but we're in 2023.

Now Its fine you have a vision and wanna hold and like just push it down until people quit but tbh , and now im talking out of my ass i have no idea how your server evolved,but it seems you dont really give a shit about what people think due to you just having a vision and a path you dont wanna go off.

Now its sad your server is going out at the same time POE(game) is.. Im definately curious how things changed up . Im sure this is enjoyable for a couple days or weeks depending on the amount of playtime someone have. I mean you definately have some skills developing but having a close vision is what holding you from popping off.

Ill try to hop in someday but this is literally the worse date this could gets release for me . So probably see you around on the next launch .
I don't think you have to worry about POE's next expansion launch matching up with Animera.
So many things are still not fixed from previous versions, and there hasn't been any noticeable updates in the past week. He claims he was sick with something, maybe Covid but he's feeling better now. However, at this rate, he will probably have it ready in a few months. I don't see him releasing a solid feeling beta with the amount of problems that have been reported, even if he claims he's had multiple breakthroughs.

I think youve spend too much time being a developper rather then a player. Couple years back i played every variation/ each of the release /test etc and, sad to say problem seems to persists after all these year. You seems to have some nice idea and overall your servers are pretty fun. But sometime i feel the stuff you do seems to be good on paper but in reality,when your playing,is bad. And clearly you have problem listening to feedbacks. I mean you probably dont remember since you've been going for years but this is clearly same criticism ive had with you years ago but we're in 2023.

Now Its fine you have a vision and wanna hold and like just push it down until people quit but tbh , and now im talking out of my ass i have no idea how your server evolved,but it seems you dont really give a shit about what people think due to you just having a vision and a path you dont wanna go off.

Now its sad your server is going out at the same time POE(game) is.. Im definately curious how things changed up . Im sure this is enjoyable for a couple days or weeks depending on the amount of playtime someone have. I mean you definately have some skills developing but having a close vision is what holding you from popping off.

Ill try to hop in someday but this is literally the worse date this could gets release for me . So probably see you around on the next launch .
Bro i remember you from years ago, afaik you had a issue with paladin and AOE, which is about to get solved soon. Back then paladin's used to be OP but that changed since mobs can stack(before you were there).. We got the solution and will be applied soon too. Don't worry on missing out because i am working on some issues to reset in 2 weeks or so? No date set yet, we want to make sure it's all good.

The problem isn't feedbacks but but the feedback itself or the person. If i follow feedbacks blindly i will have to hop from left to right because people like the other side of the coin. I've been already in there or lack of in-game experience or game knowledge or from a game/dev perspective etc. Do you think it's fun for me to have discussions going on for hours? It's not but it's good to look back at the whole blueprint.
To make sure that we do the right thing and develop the right path and not have to go in a reversed direction again. And obviously it's not
going to work to insult or any other appropriate behavior.

I don't think you have to worry about POE's next expansion launch matching up with Animera.
So many things are still not fixed from previous versions, and there hasn't been any noticeable updates in the past week. He claims he was sick with something, maybe Covid but he's feeling better now. However, at this rate, he will probably have it ready in a few months. I don't see him releasing a solid feeling beta with the amount of problems that have been reported, even if he claims he's had multiple breakthroughs.
70-80% of the reports is solved, the biggest issues too for the majority, and other changes are small easy changes. It's max 2 weeks.
Understand that if "wands" aren't working, and i fix it. And later i am making changes internally for better performance or whatever reason and it
breaks for whatever reason. It doesn't mean it was never fixed(Or if you find a workaround in the fix).

Same with the unexpected issues that comes with a new client, engine, OS version and so on.
I am not even allowed to be days off xD and last week you were saying "i respect your grind"

I've already told you speculating from player perspective is easy but always inaccurate as i do know
what the issues are and how big of a issue it is (complexity/time).

Bro i remember you from years ago, afaik you had a issue with paladin and AOE, which is about to get solved soon. Back then paladin's used to be OP but that changed since mobs can stack(before you were there).. We got the solution and will be applied soon too. Don't worry on missing out because i am working on some issues to reset in 2 weeks or so? No date set yet, we want to make sure it's all good.

The problem isn't feedbacks but but the feedback itself or the person. If i follow feedbacks blindly i will have to hop from left to right because people like the other side of the coin. I've been already in there or lack of in-game experience or game knowledge or from a game/dev perspective etc. Do you think it's fun for me to have discussions going on for hours? It's not but it's good to look back at the whole blueprint.
To make sure that we do the right thing and develop the right path and not have to go in a reversed direction again. And obviously it's not
going to work to insult or any other appropriate behavior.

70-80% of the reports is solved, the biggest issues too for the majority, and other changes are small easy changes. It's max 2 weeks.
Understand that if "wands" aren't working, and i fix it. And later i am making changes internally for better performance or whatever reason and it
breaks for whatever reason. It doesn't mean it was never fixed(Or if you find a workaround in the fix).

Same with the unexpected issues that comes with a new client, engine, OS version and so on.
I am not even allowed to be days off xD and last week you were saying "i respect your grind"

I've already told you speculating from player perspective is easy but always inaccurate as i do know
what the issues are and how big of a issue it is (complexity/time).

I do respect your grind, me saying that I don't think you will get it done in time doesn't invalidate that. I know how much work development can be, especially when so many things interact with each other. I never said you don't deserve days off. But it also doesn't invalidate anything I said about the likelihood of it being done anytime soon. Sure, I don't know how much is actually done but I'm basing it off previous work and expectations. I'm fine being wrong if everything is perfect in way less time, I just don't think its likely.

I wonder if save on logout will get removed again. Was an interesting update

I do respect your grind, me saying that I don't think you will get it done in time doesn't invalidate that. I know how much work development can be, especially when so many things interact with each other. I never said you don't deserve days off. But it also doesn't invalidate anything I said about the likelihood of it being done anytime soon. Sure, I don't know how much is actually done but I'm basing it off previous work and expectations. I'm fine being wrong if everything is perfect in way less time, I just don't think its likely.
Ok, misunderstood some things. But, the thing is you said often earlier that you doubt it and that i proved you wrong, I won't get everything done in 2 weeks. But playable for a reset for sure.

Since V6 i have been working on rewriting the whole 'datapack' for better performance, readability, customization, flexibility something similar to revscriptsys. You know i got lots of configs and it only got more and more and also flexible AF. Also reducing lots of maintenance in cases of any bug, features changes, new features even for balancing . You know how hard i can work, and the amount of work and future works is reduced a lot.
The last detail that needed to be rewritten so no 'random' new bug popups that were fixed earlier or so.
I wonder if save on logout will get removed again. Was an interesting update
It's still removed as part of the 'real time saving system'. To minimalize/nullify odds of cloning, rollbacks, against maximum performance. Developing it didn't came without scratches. But in the end definitely worth it.

Dear Animerians,

It's time, we are able to relaunch(BETA) this friday 12-5-2023 at 19:00 CET. It's not bug free but playable for sure.
And ofcourse if there wasn't enough hype since our updates the previous time we went online, we got even more nice stuff.

Hopefully in this beta we will be able to finalize things so we can launch for real.
Everyone who donated in this "season" and before we went offline can contact me if you want your coins recovered now or at the real launch.

There is currently still a 50% donation bonus available since we can use this opportunity to gather new assets such as wings, shaders and auras since the client support it. Or marketing to expand it or whatever is needed.

Kind regards,

Animera

• 3 crash cases that prevented server staying up longer then like 5 seconds XD
  • Spell teachers
  • Saving partially
  • Class guide
  • Fixed Errors with chests in general.
  • getting stuck due to tp.
  • Fixed some passives.
  • Fixed some spells.
  • Fixed pet npc.
  • Fixed unlockable teleports temporarily, other teleports can still do it watch out!
  • Fixed runes consuming 2x.
  • Spell mana cost fixed.
  • Fixed desert quest chest.
  • fixed sp leech/crit not adding up.
  • Fixed rooting
  • Fixed bug with picking up items that weren't supposed to be possible.
  • Fixed some other small bugs.
  • say !fixsp to get ur lost sp/mp fixed of the levels you gained before the fix!
  • Fixed some craftign bugs.
  • fixed monk weapons
  • the high ping seems to be when using debug mode (which helps finding crashes). It's temporarily disabled.
  • fixed some ring bugs.
  • tasks fixed.
  • fixed a few map bugs.
  • fixed loot?
  • fixed a quest
  • fixed class guide book
  • fixed stars chaining
  • fixed spells like dark mist hitting yourself with 0 dmg wasted loop and effort lol
  • fixed issue with house info not showing up on doors.
  • Some shields that didn't give LL.
  • Fixed saving system, issues with depot.
  • Fixed some levers
  • fixed gladiator arena
  • levels show on loot again.
  • negative stats will be shown properly again from looted items
  • fixed some ai
  • fixed some skills details fist fighting / fishing..
  • fixed npc window not showing up
  • fixed potions not infinitly spamming
  • fixed that runes can't be used infinitly on the ground
  • fixed some rings
  • fixed bloody edge
  • fixed showing durability on items
  • fixed monsters spamming too much gfb's
  • fixed crit/leech on differnt system
  • synced spells level requirment on teacher with level up notifications.
  • lvl 400 trainers fixed
  • turned off ammo for guns as it isn't working properly.
  • possibly fixed the issue with relogging for exp.
  • fixed some other small bugs.
  • Fixed isle of legends.
  • Fixed boss scroll arena door.
  • Fixed some spells.
  • Fixed saving system.
  • Fixed some quests.
  • Fixed auto hotkey, your now able to pick up items(not equiping, in case class restrictions)
by using them (without items dissapearing lol).
  • Reduced odds of rollback a lot in case of crashes.
  • Fixed some more details of the gfb spam
  • Fixed parcels/mailbox
  • Task list sorted in alphabetical order.
  • Pets can now level up by attacking either (like mounts)
  • Spell casts is now visible for others aswell.
  • Fixed spells like sixth sense not always hiting everyone unless you take some "steps"
  • Fixed weapons like axerang that doesn't always "hit"
  • Fixed soul npc.
  • Fixed crafting fr.
  • Fixed some items giving stats, fixed some items that couldn't be equiped.
  • Fixed some other small bugs.
  • Fixed 1 crash case.
  • Fixed some task issue.
  • Fixed mount levels.
  • Fixed drama with war crystals
  • Added outfit bonusses for the newer outfits.
  • Fixed party buff spells.
  • Fixed some strengthening potions.
  • Fixed some quests.
  • Fixed some small details of the client. showing char names properly, % in magic reduction
  • Fixed some map errors.
  • Fixed some passives.
  • Fixed the oneshots.
  • Fixed bounce passive of monsters.
  • Fixed items stacks becoming 1.
  • Reduced some manacost of spells.
  • Fixed health regeneration gem.
  • New chars won't have issues with too low damage dealing weapons anymore. For some reason
their dmg was nerfed by durability while not being in the durabilitiy tiers...
  • Fixed one of my tools :p
  • Fixed bug stats like crit go below 0 (65k)
  • Fixed mounts
  • Fixed that armor increases damage instead of reducing it. Or reducing it proeprly...
  • Mutated human leech works again..
  • Fixed a visual error
  • Fixed a SP bug.
  • Performance improved as certain performance improved detail wasn't working properly, and damage that nullifies properly saving wasted calcs and checks.
  • Fixed autotarget.
  • Fixed light.
  • Fixed electric-paralyze to heal..
  • Fixed star weapons to chain properly.
  • Fixed some small bugs.
  • Fixed that respawns doesn't get blocked.
  • Fixed a performance issue when you get attacked by too many attacks at once.
This fast fix does give magic resistance a slight buff.
  • Fixed when house gets a new owner the invite list gets cleaned.
  • Fixed weird bug with health of gladiator arena.
  • Fixed Aura visuals.
  • Fixed some npc bug.
  • Fixed rings from losing charges (even tho it was turned off together with dura).
  • Fixed crash case of tower defense.
  • Fixed health drop effect on tower defense.
  • Fixed fast forward lever in tower defense acting weird on first wave.
  • Fixed tower defense monsters health.
  • Fixed towers of tower defense randomly changing.
  • Fixed soft boots regen, mana ring.
  • Fixed crystal ring to be equipable.
  • Switched stats of ancient tunic and native armor.
  • Sacred essence pet will now be less visually spammy as before.
As the client has some changes the sprites animation speed etc could be
slightly altered.
  • You can't move weapons from your left hand to your right hand anymore. (As you normally can't equip a non shield in your right slot without having a weapon in the left slot for dual wielding).
  • Fixed few quest chests.
  • Fixed memory game.
  • Fixed tron.
  • Fixed bomberman.
  • Fixed some bug with exp rooms.
  • Fixed regeneration from items with higher levels.
  • Fixed items description when it has health and mana regeneration. Where it only showed health.
  • Improved stability of auto target even more.
  • Improved performance slightly.
  • Fixed some issues with dworcs.
  • Fixed some map errors.
  • Fixed some visual bug.
  • Fixed spear strike consuming 7% mana instead of 1?
  • Whirlwind Blade Lv1, Whirlwind Blade Lv2, Warrior's Roar, Warrior's Clash, Fierce Impact, Trapper damage can now do elemental damage if your holding a elemental weapon.
  • Fixed finishing moves.
  • Fixed mountlevel.
  • Fixed djinn pets.
  • You will automatically be mounted on login when you were mounted on logout/crash..
  • Barrage Lv1-Lv3 is replaced with Lock On Lv1-Lv3. This will increase the amoun of targets you will hit with your weapon. Spectral sight will now also have 3 levels and does the same as lock on. This also means monks, spearmans, rebels enjoy from this luxury.
  • Decisive Hit will now let your next shot (after 2 seconds) will hit with increased damage between max hit and max hit times two which is guaranteed to hit the target. Same for fatal strike.
  • Magic Arrow used to be a spell which mimics 7 chaining hits of your weapon, but will do now internally on the weapon adding up to 7 targets (like how decisive hit changed).
  • Bolt assault is a new spell for paladins which shoots a beam to the targets direction.
It scales by distance / dist weapons, the beam is 3 sqm wide, 5 if promoted. Which is supposed to be the best option for paladin using AOE on bolts.
- Bullet Storm is now a demon hunter spell. Which is basically the same as Bolt Assault.
Which shoots fireballs instead in demon mode.
  • Paladin ammuntion break chance halved. As multi hitting bows/xbows, buffs can all consume ammo for each shot(same as the multi hitting bows/xbows). Now it should be like 5% chance (100 MS = like vanilla speed duration with an exception to multi hitting impacts).
  • Paladin hit 2 more targets with their bow/xbow once they are promoted to archer.
  • Added new visuals.
  • New spell for black knight: Haunted sword. Haunted Flames accessable by spell scroll.
  • Wands and music weapons damage formula is now based on the attack stat.
  • Hookshot tool can be used now too to draw a target to yourself.
  • Dual wielding will now increase your spells and weapon damage by 25%. This is done so dual wielding is still a interesting build option in the end game. If you have maximized your attack speed why bothering dropping your defenses?
  • Fixed heroic coin store bugs.
  • Looks like dark emperor crashes by a specific attack (which is strange, as it has the same logic as any other summon that chases the target and attacks ). I might have a fix for it. Needs to be tested.
  • The new spell system is implemented so there are most likely bugs that needs to be taken down, if you have any character please test out the spells and report it to me. This system is the system i was talking about with the flexibility, that improved productivity a lot with debugging, maintenance, balancing, future changes, creating future spells and spell flexibility in general and brings even more possibilities!
  • Rebel's spells can now become ranged when rebel is in "ranged mode". E.g. Whirlwind Blade Lv1 can now do ranged aoe.
  • Rebel's weapon attack can be used for every spell damage calculation regardless of weapon type requirement.
  • Improved spells performance here and there slightly.
  • Improved wave spells of sorcerer/druids visually and size.
  • Added new spells.
  • Added new visuals.
  • Many bosses have some new 'boss mechanism'. Where you get a warning AOE for x seconds to escape. If your still getting hit you can lose % of your health. Varying from 20 to 100%. This is done to make boss fights less repetitive and simple. And have atleast some difficulty when you outleveled it.
  • Fixed demon mode bug with constantly chasing even after the buff.
  • New spells added.
  • Completly reworked quest log.

As it often brought confusion and/or a buggy feeling, it really needed it to be solved. Glad many of us has done story mode and such several times so that we didn't depend on it. But i am sure many others are.

Now the quest log will update immediatly and will tell on-time if there wee any quest log updates.

Aside from that i've also added new features:
  • Added some general quest information with link to wiki for more.
  • Added some general story mode information with link to wiki for more.
  • Search function.
  • Filter between finished/unfinished/all quests.
  • Story mode completion %.
  • Amount of quests cleared.
  • Difficulty indicator of each quest/chapter.
  • Location indicator for each chapter.

And other technical advantages such as no character limit in quest log, more flexible since the stats doesn't have to be static anymore (f* XML) allowing me to use enums/ storage variables etc.

- Possible fixed some minimap issues.
As far as i understand correctly minimap losses happens when the client crashes, or when having multiple clients open. For the latter i have no issue for now, haven't verified it yet or what causes it.

But now the minimap will make occasionally saves not only during the logout period.
But also backups. If there is no functioning minimap file it will try the backup one.

I hope this should improve general stability of it.

Other QoL improvements:
- Chat window can be resized sideways too in the options menu.
and removed sideways aswell.

- Chat can be hidden now completly aswell.

• Top menu can now also auto hide for a little bit more screen :) (optionable)
  • You can now also auto hide the bottom menu, which is just the chat window, but if you put
oher stuff such as open backpacks it can be auto hidden with it aswell, same with minimap, inventorywindow etc.

- Chat conversations won't dissapear now after logout or a crash... or restart... ;)
including private chats. Untill closed or client closed.

- Increased message history size (x4). Can't overdo it as it will cause painfull
pings to the person.

Community/communication is very important for the social aspect, with all these details the odds contact/convos dries out is lower too.

- Spells that require a target will randomly target a nearby monster if you have no target.

- Damage you gain/do in combat won't be showed anymore slightly above the chat window.
This is because of 23234879 attacks a second you won't see a thing, log records it anyway now with even bigger history... better use it for something worth to inform the player about....
e.g. X amount of potions left etc.

- Improved some map bugs.

- Fixed some other small bugs.

- Improved some spell visuals.

Divine healing will now scale by magic level aswell (aside from %).
This is done so ml build paladins could become more tanky.

They were tanky back when they had options to wear a shield with (Outside of axerang).
And i needed something to give divine and dark healing a twist as it is more or less
a ultimate healing spell which they both can learn by default either doing slightly more healing or slightly lower mana cost is barely worth as a secondary healing spell, which makes it all even more confusing in general and at most more flashy :p

But now it mostly gives form of bulk to the ml build.

- Added some more performance improvements.

- ALL offensive spells will scale with your weapon aswell.
Spells like 'Blazing Storm' that relied on level and magic level will now scale
also by their weapon like how "Berserk/Whirlwind Blade Lv1" Scales with
level/weapon(attack)/skill.

- Magic level will now also increase all spells damage too. Since healing spells is % based. Magic level is now meant to be only for offensive spells. Including spells that didn't already do such as Exori :p

- Magic level will have the same formula as any other skill.

- Magic level won't be trained by the amount of mana you consume anymore.
But will give a certain amount of 'skills' like how exori works. Like how
celestial slash gives 1 skilltry/weapon hit and earthquake giving 10 skilltries/weapon hits.
And ofcourse your wand will give a skilltry each hit.

Now you may ask yourself whyyy?
- If magic level works the same as any other skill. It becomes way easier and way more
accurate to balance it out with other skills/classes.

- For a great example to vanilla servers. You see how knights without gear is useless.
But a sorcerer with high magic level without gear can still be a threat mass farming
kills with a UE before depot. I know it makes sense because gear and weapon of mages
there are shit anyway. Low damage reduction, scales solely on magic level(a skill not a piece of gear), wands weak too and static pukes (it atleast ignores armor reduction for consistent something xD) Everyone should have some gear dependancy. Especially to balance out pvp abuses as said here. No gear, being weaker, if gear risking dropping it all.

- This makes getting a weapon upgrade(by upgrading or looting/buying a higher stat weapon) even more interesting/noticable.

- I think this will also improve building balancing, because in the past we've seen
you can go for max damage and do slightly more damage, or you have max leech with
almost similar damage. Now the spells damage should be more matching to your build.

Exana mana a.k.a concetration
Will now give skilltries based on your mana%

Warlock's training sceptre
Will consume a little bit of mana, but will give like more skilltries like any other
skillwep works.

• Fixed bug with shift+up not working (used to repeat previous message in chat).
  • Now the hide/unhide option will work properly in the settings. Which didn't unhide
minimap/backpacks properly.
  • When opening the settings menu, your hidden stuff will show up. (Makes it easier to change interface settings if they are visible :p)
  • New keybind option added "quick peek" which auto unhide/hide as a toggle.
so your not forced to use additional mouse movements if your more a keyboard player.
  • Fixed some bug in the settings.
  • Fixed some inconsistency with keybindings.
  • Fixed some spells.
  • Fixed bugs on classic style.
  • Fixed some more spells.
  • Fixed bows/xbows hitting correctly when hitting multiple targets.
  • Spells like thornfire wolf bomb will now also autotarget a nearby monster in range if the summoner has no target.
  • Added new level 1 spells for the majority of the classes. Sorcerers and demon hunter's relying on LMM wasn't a good option. Some were missing a level 1 spell and some gained additional ones (like in a different element based on the class, for additional coverage?).
  • Increased weapons damage, nerfed spells damage. Should be more in balance now.
  • Improved loot.
  • Slightly increased base walkspeed.
  • Increased skillgain on lower skills.

Back