• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[FRANCE] [CUSTOM] Sands of Time - Open Beta - March 27th

Server Website/AAC
http://sandsoftime.online/
Server Address
sandsoftime.online
Server Port
Client Protocol
I like your approach in putting it in Alpha first.
Your server looks like it's ready to play if you omit "subject to change".
A very honest plan and I hope you succeed because of this.
This means any negative (unfair) attitude is meaningless.

I hope you have enough friendly staff to handle the feedback.
I am sure there will be a lot of criticism/ideas bouncing around.

GG (good game) to all the other servers.
Get ready for a big explosion. ☄
Now this is something I can get excited for!

Going in with an open mindset but everything looks great so far.

Is there PvP?
Lookins very interesting! Im curious if the attacking system will be hotkeys (Tibia 8+) or oldschool style?
God damn!

Thank you for the kind words guys, looking forward to seeing you all very soon!

As for the attack system, we have a unique one. You dont have the hotkeys to type the spell words for you, the spells are items you will be placing into the keybind, which limits the amount of skills you can use and creates a large variety of possible builds. If you wanted to make a tanky warrior that throws fireballs - you can.

I like your approach in putting it in Alpha first.
Your server looks like it's ready to play if you omit "subject to change".
A very honest plan and I hope you succeed because of this.
This means any negative (unfair) attitude is meaningless.

I hope you have enough friendly staff to handle the feedback.
I am sure there will be a lot of criticism/ideas bouncing around.

GG (good game) to all the other servers.
Get ready for a big explosion. ☄

Thanks mate, we all really appreciate it!

Now this is something I can get excited for!

Going in with an open mindset but everything looks great so far.

Is there PvP?

Currently we plan for there to be structured PVP through events, arenas and (possibly) PVP only areas, but not world PVP. Unfortunately it creates a large vacuum in power when it comes to the ability to abuse others and push them around, not to mention the balancing aspect of it all. Generally the only time people enjoy PVP is if they're on the winning team, and are the ones that aren't being hunted down. With structured PVP through events or being able to queue into arenas, we can at least ensure SOME fairness and ability to choose your options, as opposed to just being subject to the whim of others. (Always subject to change)

Lookins very interesting! Im curious if the attacking system will be hotkeys (Tibia 8+) or oldschool style?

The combat system is built around hotkeys, with spells being interchangeable throguh the Spell Rune system and used by all classes. You can create your own character with a build you'd like, favoring skills you visually or thematically enjoy.

Last edited:
Currently we plan for there to be structured PVP through events, arenas and (possibly) PVP only areas, but not world PVP. Unfortunately it creates a large vacuum in power when it comes to the ability to abuse others and push them around, not to mention the balancing aspect of it all. Generally the only time people enjoy PVP is if they're on the winning team, and are the ones that aren't being hunted down. With structured PVP through events or being able to queue into arenas, we can at least ensure SOME fairness and ability to choose your options, as opposed to just being subject to the whim of others. (Always subject to change)

That's a shame. Part of the fun of Tibia was being able to make these impactful choices and friendships with people, but I guess it's too much of an undertaking to try and balance your entire server with all of its new features.

That's a shame. Part of the fun of Tibia was being able to make these impactful choices and friendships with people, but I guess it's too much of an undertaking to try and balance your entire server with all of its new features.
Again, this is mainly for the alpha phase. I am sure that if we get far enough with most other systems to a point where the game is relatively stable and in a good place, we will start looking into the pvp stuff!
We are not ruling out pvp completely, it is just that there are so many things that need to be fine-tuned before pvp can be enjoyable and done right. Do not lose hope!

Also it's very dependent on the community's feedback. It's a game that has never been played before, even though it's an OT. We will see what fits our player base the best. After all we are here to make an enjoyable game for the players.

Expectations
  1. This is a very early testing stage! There will be bugs, things that are too strong, too weak or generally out of balance. Please be patient with us as we get to all of them as soon as we can!
  2. We are hosting on a VPS to start off with, in France. Depending on the community, how well the game is received and the concept liked - things may change. The host can be moved, we may need to change to a dedicated host etc. Let your opinion be heard!
  3. Please use our discord to report any bugs you find, from map mistakes to spells crashing your client, whatever it is. Please use english if possible.
  4. We will have Polls going out regarding certain changes, mechanics, systems and general decisions moving forward with the game. Please go and vote to help us understand what it is you like most!
  5. We have LOTS of things we want you all to interact with, and therefore content will be released gradually. There are many systems running in the back, the client and things to be tested before we move on. We will be aiming for daily patches early on - slowing down to 2-3 days between patches. These will include fixes to previous content and more content/systems added.
  6. Thought of a really cool idea you think would be nice with something that exists? We have a suggestions channel on the discord as well, use it! One of us will react to it so you know it has been seen and added to our list of things to do.

Cash Shop
In the cash shop you will find various items that help you on your journey. We have set a goal of avoiding Pay2Win at all costs, and will live up to it for as long as possible. We do offer some things that increase comfort for players, but are not mandatory by any means.
1. You will earn cash shop points for reaching various goals in game (such as level, quests, bosses, dungeons etc), and by reporting bugs, helping players (with information, not carrying them through quests) and more.
2. All donations during Alpha will be given back on release!
3. All Cash Shop items will be up for 50% of the originally intended price!

Any feedback regarding the shop is most valuable! We encourage you to try it out, tell us what you think. What\'s too weak, too strong, overlooked, irrelevant, ugly or anything you think.

Donation Set
Read this before you judge!
The aim of the donation set is purely to be a 'filler'. That means it will be a below average set of items that scales with the character. It's main purpose will be to fill in the gaps you haven't looted recently.
Let's say you have advanced quickly, and haven't looted a pair of boots in a while, using the donation boots may be better than the ones you have. Looting an OK pair of boots should be better though.

Donation items update on un-equipping and re-equipping them. * To be fixed to not have to do this*

Waypoints System
When Beta comes, currently planned for 27.12.2019 (several months of running server, mainly with content updates after the unique systems are solid), the Waypoint system will work as originally intended.
That means you will have to explore the world, find the Waypoints and then you will be able to use them for faster access. It will also cost in-game currency to use.
During Alpha, several Waypoints have been pre-unlocked for you to get progress faster, get more content done and tested.
There is no Teleports Room.

We hope to see many of you join us to create a game we all like!
See you in game!

Teasers

fFvzpcO.gif

lrYJN9R.gif

PXL8mf9.gif

v9NH0SQ.gif

qUrOTh0.gif

JEG8HpS.gif

38ioBvl.gif

client doesnt start at all

Try running the Client in Compatibility mode with Windows 7, and ensure you're running as Admin. So far the only issues we've seen people have are access violations. However we're also compiling an additional client to see if that can solve the issues as well!

• Adding more spells & releasing ultimate spells
  • Rework to loot system, so you do have to fight stronger monsters to get better loot
  • Releasing Quests, Dungeons, Tasks - Possibly (very maybe), if balance is in a good place
  • weapon and equipment upgraders - Possibly, relying on balance - more attributes (such as crit, damage reduction and more)
  • More wings bases (aside from agility)
  • Gathering and Crafting systems
  • Enchanting system (not really needed now due to high loot rates, but generally allows to upgrade from Common -> Uncommon -> Rare -> Epic)

To tell you the truth, borrowing a cookie cutter from other servers is something I didn't want.
But if the majority of your players want that, I don't blame you going that direction.
Had fun anyways.

To tell you the truth, borrowing a cookie cutter from other servers is something I didn't want.
But if the majority of your players want that, I don't blame you going that direction.
Had fun anyways.
Not sure what you mean by that, but if you have feedback or want clarifications on anything I would be happy to listen or answer anything.
What exactly do you feel is a copy from another server, or exists on other OTs?

Also, kudos on posting something from Discord, taking it out of context without the other parts around it.

Back