• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[France] Thorsan 8.0 (Mid-Rates) RL-Map Server, WILL NEVER RESET!

Marcus

User.postCount++;
Solutions
Reaction score
Launch: Friday, November 18, 18:00 CET
Host: Dedicated in France
Client: Custom 8.0 client
Map: Full 8.0 map with some extra added areas

What is Thorsan?
Thorsan was originally created to become a true 8.0 RPG Rl-Map server in the early 2016.
It went went of with it's primary server as an RPG game.
And during these times, also a Mid-Rate server was created using the same core.

Now after some time and a lot of updates, the Mid-Rate has been remade with the latest updates and the entire concept of the Mid-Rate was remade.

In Thorsan Mid-Rate:
*Free Premium
*Free Djinn/Rashid Access
*Djinns/Rashid can be found in original places + in Thais.
*Free Access to many places such as Goroma, Svargrond Islands, Formorgar Mines, Gonthril Fortress m.m
*Receive donation point at certain advances (lvl 10-300)
*Receive donation points by being in an active guild.
*Guild War System
*Desert Quest Soloable

Many people enjoy getting free items on certain advances.
Thorsan Mid-Rate decided to use this, and changed the concept completely.
Instead of getting items, you get donation points.
By these donation points, you can on your own decide what item you want on the donation shop, or if you'd like to save them up to buy more expensive items.
Thorsan-Midrate has a very large shop so you have a very big table of options what items to chose for your gained points!
For example, at level 30 you'll gain 43 donation points + eventual guild bonus, that give you enough points to buy a fire axe, or a knight armor and some supplies.. you decide!

faEO2_h.png

Last edited:
I like the idea of a fun pvp orientated 8.0 ot, maybe lower the exp like x3 from 110lvl? so the server has some long term prospect and we dont get 200lvls within 2 weeks :)

I like the idea of a fun pvp orientated 8.0 ot, maybe lower the exp like x3 from 110lvl? so the server has some long term prospect and we dont get 200lvls within 2 weeks :)
For now the experience wont change as many seems to like when exp is little bit higher at the end, but of course if many agrees that lower at the end could be the way to go that's fixable :)
We'll see :)

"Full 8.0 map with some extra added areas"

What are those areas? same as 7.4 darkot areas?

is it dutch server or just located there?
The server is located in France, but it's still an English server :)

"Full 8.0 map with some extra added areas"

What are those areas? same as 7.4 darkot areas?
Thorsan has a few areas similar to DarkOT but also some others above that :)
There's plenty of places to explore :)

However the Grim Reaper spawn in Drefia of DarkOT doesn't exist in Thorsan, but there's a few single spawns of grims :)

Loving your servers Marcus. Wish I had no lags on DarkOT but even tho Im having alot of fun every edition of it. Best 7,4 HR imo.
Definitely will try this one, hopefully this time lags wont be the issue.

Keep the good work Marcus!

Frags to Redskull Daily: 3 | Weekly: 5 | Monthly: 10
Frags to Banishment Daily: 6 | Weekly: 10 | Monthly: 20

Perhaps change to:

Frags to Redskull Daily: 5 | Weekly: 8 | Monthly: 20
Frags to Banishment Daily: 10 | Weekly: 15 | Monthly: 30

Thank you all for the kind words!

About frags, yeah I'm very protective of the game and I intent finding a way making a game as fun as possible for everyone.
But that's something tricky, I need the high frag limits because todays players have less respect than they used to have, and those who quit mostly stop caring about others and start ruining the game by massive random pk.

But of course, you should still be able to run a decent war without getting banished every few kills.

So this is what's up in Thorsan.

1: War-Mode
A thing you can activate on your website, it will give you yellow skull and you'll see other people in war mode as yellow mode, players that aren't in war mode cannot see these yellow skulls.
And players in war mode can kill each other without any frags.
War-mode is mostly for hardcore PVPers.

2: Guild War
I've took a lot of time designing a guild war in Thoran, This launch tomorrow, is the first Thorsan version with an active guild war system in it.
Guilds in war, cannot join or kick members, basic stuffs, but also no frags are given between the guilds during the war.

3: Forced Guild War
If a guild ONE wish to start a war on a guild TWO, but guild TWO refuse to join by whatever reason, but then on night, sneak members of guild ONE, the guild TWO will force accept the war.
Once a guild has an invitation for war, they may kill MAX 2 players from the inviting guild per 24 hours, or they'll be forced to accept the war.
If they kill 3 players in 24 hours from the inviting guild, the war is on!

I'm right now updating the website with the latest information, and you'll see a little difference when it comes to the guild pages around :)

Other than that, I'm still working and trying to figure out even better way to face everyone need and wishes :)

Edit:

I edited the frags for rs/ban slightly.
Earlier:
RedSkull(Banishment): 3(6) Daily, 5(10) Weekly, 10(20) Monthly

Now:
RedSkull(Banishment): 5(8) Daily, 10(15) Weekly, 20(30) Monthly

Last edited:
Great work by adding guild wars and revamping the frag system definitely something which put off many people after playing for 2 weeks on the previous edition.

I still feel like the jumps mid level are too high. and x3 from like 200 atleast pls

Back