• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Hoster [Free] OTS-Hosting by VPS-Unlimited

Do you think this is a nice idea to kickstart new projects?

• No, I will tell you why (via PM!)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Damon

Check my status to contact me :)
Solutions
Reaction score
jovr9HI.jpg

The free server is currently: Unavailable (currently on hold due to the fact my server provider has some issues right now)

Greetings Developers! Today I want to offer you guys who are working on your projects with passion and ambition the chance to get your project going: Hosting an OTS can be quite expensive and nobody can tell wheter your project will make up for the money invested. In the name of VPS-Unlimited (my VPS-Hosting project which is currently on hold) I offer you the unused ressources of my project to host your server.
For FREE!

~Server Information~
CPU: Intel XEON E5-1650v2
Cores / Threads (12 vCores): 6/12
Frequence / Burst: 3,5 GHz+ / 3,9 GHz+
RAM (16GB): DDR3 ECC – 1600 MHz
HDD (150GB): HGST Ent. 7K4000
Hardware-Raid: MegaRAID LSI 9271-4i „Cachevault 1GB“
DDoS - PROTECTION: Up to 480 Gbit/s (by OVH)
Network Port: 1 Gbps
Bandwith: 500 Mbits (Burst up to 1000 Mbits)
Hardware: Intel, Kingston, HGST, Supermicro
Available OS: Debian 7, Ubuntu 14.10/15 (Beta).
Important: Debian 8 is not supported!

4072612476.png

FAQ:

What do you offer?

I offer you an unmanaged Linux VPS with the specs listed above for free.

What do you need to know?
You will need to know how to setup and run an OTS under Linux. If you don't you can check on tutorials here.

How long will you host my server?
Aslong as I see you are constantly maintaining and updating it I will host your project for atleast a month. After that I most likely will want to give another developer the chance to get his server going and you will be given 7 days to save your files and move them to your new server. However if there are no (new) applicants that meet my requirements I will consider hosting your project for another month.

How can you apply for this offer?
"An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail." - Edwin Land
Thus don't be afraid to apply :)
Please message me with detailed information regarding your project.

Can you rent a server from me when you'd want to continue to host your project with me?
No. I'm afraid but VPS-Unlimited will be unavailable until May 2016 as I will be going on a journey which makes me unable to manage my paid hosting service. However when you are looking for a reliable Hoster I can recommend you @HalfAway . He knows his stuff and will surely make you an offer :)

Why am I doing this?
Because I want to encourage people to work on their projects and finally I have found a way to support them.

Kind regards,
Damon

Last edited:
Lol you can host my servers? :)
The offer is currently on hold as I am discussing things with my hosting provider. I might not be able to offer this service anymore as I will leave for a 6 month travel journey in november and my provider doesn't want me being unavailable when giving the servers to third party as this is a sponsor offer from him. Updates on this will come^^

The offer is currently on hold as I am discussing things with my hosting provider. I might not be able to offer this service anymore as I will leave for a 6 month travel journey in november and my provider doesn't want me being unavailable when giving the servers to third party as this is a sponsor offer from him. Updates on this will come^^

:( :(

I bet you want to steal some datapacks. There is nothing for free in this world.

I bet you want to steal some datapacks. There is nothing for free in this world.
Damon never do it for nub datapacks lol he's not scammer
alot of ppls trust him and im the first don't talk shits about him :/

Well there is always a chance like this would happen but I can tell you at the level I know @Damon he is not like that.
I would easily trust him with my data files.

Either chance or buy a dedicated/vps server instead.

Of course, 99.99% of datapacks are shit, but how can I trust a person which I do not know and give him own project in which I put hundred hours of my job. Risk is always so I prefer to buy a server from trusted and legal firms with help desk support. Idea is nice for evo 999x not for serious projects. It is my opinion only. Good luck anyway!

Of course, 99.99% of datapacks are shit, but how can I trust a person which I do not know and give him own project in which I put hundred hours of my job. Risk is always so I prefer to buy a server from trusted and legal firms with help desk support. Idea is nice for evo 999x not for serious projects. It is my opinion only. Good luck anyway!
Nobody tries to prevent you from doing that. The choice is yours. I merely offer an option which might be useful to some people :)

This will be probaly my last post. But i will do it because i'm a good friend with @Damon. If you do not trust anyone just check their likes, what kind of things they post. And i can gurrante you that you can trust Damon to 100% he is a very nice guy and trustful. :)

What
This will be probaly my last post. But i will do it because i'm a good friend with @Damon. If you do not trust anyone just check their likes, what kind of things they post. And i can gurrante you that you can trust Damon to 100% he is a very nice guy and trustful. :)
What do you mean with last post?
Are you going to leave me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back