• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Friendly mapping duel!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neon

Legendary OT User
Reaction score
Welcome!
In this thread, as you can see in the title.
There is going to be a mapping duel!

Like 1 vs 1.
And the one that makes the best mapping piece... Is of course the winner.

Mappers:

Neon
vs
loveinabottle

But!
We haven't made up any theme for the duel.
So we ask you to choose for us, and the one that comes up with the best theme... Is going to get Reputation from both of us!!

Now it's up to you.
Post your "ideas" for the theme and we will see which one that is the best one.

Kind Regards,
Neon and loveinabottle

Underwater City is the Theme, I would like to see ^^

kind regards, Evil Hero

You could compete in wich one of you makes either an abbandoned City/a Ruin, or you might compete who makes the best harbour, because I think that's one of the most important things in a city. :)

How come abandoned city is a important thing in a town?
Anyhow, my suggestion is a ruin, but in pyramid style, overtaken by Mummies, Ghouls and skeletons!

I think you should make a underground lake.

Varino... the abbandoned city ain't the important thing.. ;O I was talking about the Harbour ^^

A really nice harbour is indeed something I've not really seen yet. Nice idea!

I'm down with the harbor idea. Another I'd suggest is simply a piece of wilderness. Most shots including my own seem to always be centered around some monument/large building, city square, or mountain/waterfall scene. I'd like to see where the fine line between "too much" and "too little" natural detail lies. Anyways, good luck to you both- I look forward to the results of whatever decision you make.

i say a pirate cove.

you could really do any climate with it which will make it more interesting ;)

Venore style! Like a building over the swamps but instead of swamps there should be fire/lava! and like fire buildings and such in the town :) Maby you think my idea sucks :p but it could be cool

Hmm... Either a city that's like Venice, with the water and such, or a small town located alongside an ocean with piers and docks.

I've already done one :) actually just finished my Venice.... it is for Emptys and mine Map: The Spectre Islands
It's rly cool :p

just fuckin duel already...its a duel, why do you have to both follow the same theme? if you were in a gun slinging duel would you expect your opponent to shoot the same type of weapon as you? no. hes got his own. just like you both have your own styles..now use them to the best of your ability to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back