• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows From fully working to not working during one night without reason - READ!

vikkevikz

Reaction score
Hello OtLand!

I have been hosting my server for around 1 month now and it works very well. Untill now...
Now noone can log in to the server, and not me either. And my website dont work aswell :s

I do have port open

I have used PFportchecker and they say the ports are open.
Vapus . net/canihost says I CAN HOST. and have website.

**Port 80 (You can run a website)** The website is not even showed up.

**Port 7171 (People can see their character list)** No they can't?

**Port 7172 (People can join your server)** No they can't?

I open the XML with right modifyed config.lua. Im using ( TFS V3 ). Everything is as it should, but it have just stopped work?

What can the problem be? The internet is working 100%, the ports are open, everything "should" be right made. But this just showed up during one night.

Please help me asap. / Vokamas :)

*EDIT: I have tried another starting distrubtion pack, and still same problem. It's not wrong with my files.

Maybe your .exe file is blocked by your firewall, if it is you should allow it to run in public.
Maybe your firewalls are on. check your config.lua so it has the right IP-Address in it.
The best tip i can give is "try it out your self".
You don't always have to start a new thread because of your server doesn't want to go public.

Best regards,
Dridia

Thanks for replying Dridia. But as I said, the computer havent even been turned off. So it came randomly over 1 night. I mean, i have never "allowed the program in my firewall" so I dont needed to. Since I didnt needed it before. And yes its the right ip in the config lua.

I had recieve a new IP adress automaticly. Dont know why, and the new IP had 0 at the end and now 1. So I never realized it since Id though it wouldnt change by itself somehow. Thanks once again for "reminding" me to check again :)

ps. I did check like 20 times, then I saw it haha!

I had recieve a new IP adress automaticly. Dont know why, and the new IP had 0 at the end and now 1. So I never realized it since Id though it wouldnt change by itself somehow. Thanks once again for "reminding" me to check again :)

ps. I did check like 20 times, then I saw it haha!

That's Awesome! Did you reset your router?
Resting your router changes your IP-Address!

Well it's very simple why your IPaddress is changed, this will happen again about a few weeks.

Your configure your ip to get a automatic IPaddress from the network, the router will give you a IP lease for mostly 7/8 days. After this 8 days you get a new IPaddress. This normaly doesn't matter, but if your hosting your router or poorts are openend on a special local ipaddress, so you have to fill in a static ipaddres very easy, if you did this the ip won't change anymore.

A good way to fix this is to get a No-IP Domain(for example) and then get their program that automatically updates the host name every X time, that way you'll never have that problem again

Back