• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

From Windows 10 to OTS development machine for dummies

OP
Gesior.pl

Gesior.pl

Mega Noob&LOL 2012
Premium User
Best answers
Reaction score
Still the same problem
View attachment 45896
In tutorial I use extra shell installed with Git (right mouse button in any folder and choose 'Git Bash Here'), not PowerShell.
There are some common linux functions (cat, grep etc.) and output-input pipes (like: cat file.txt | grep test ). This shell is like linux - it WORKS. PowerShell is like Windows - nothing works.

henriquelustosa

Best answers
Reaction score
this tutorial is for what version of Tibia? And how i change the client to enter on my own server?

OP
Gesior.pl

Gesior.pl

Mega Noob&LOL 2012
Premium User
Best answers
Reaction score
this tutorial is for what version of Tibia? And how i change the client to enter on my own server?
It's for newest version of The Forgotten Server ( otland/forgottenserver (https://github.com/otland/forgottenserver) ). Probably it's 10.98, but there are many engines based on TFS that works with different protocols ( 8.6: nekiro/forgottenserver (https://github.com/nekiro/forgottenserver) ).
To change IP in client follow tutorial:

kubqq

Xyntera Global 8.60 - in progress
Best answers
Reaction score
Hello, I did everything 100% to point 4., ofc I downloaded and installed all files from Gesior links. Everything was okey, the same as Gesior SS's. In point 4, when I opened theforgottenerver.sln I dont have pop up window about change platform so I go to next step. I change Debug to Release, change build to x64 and click Compile. Unfotunelly I have error:

I tried to compile tfs from last almost full 3 days. User @M0ustafa send me this thread, looks good but not works for me... Can somebody help me with this?

Edit:
I added boost folder like that:

and now I have other error in VS:

Lua:
Ważność    Kod    Opis    Projekt    Plik    Wiersz    Stan pominięcia
Błąd    C1083    Nie można otworzyć pliku dołącz: 'pugixml.hpp': No such file or directory    theforgottenserver    C:\forgottenserver\src\otpch.h    44
but I can't find anything about that on forum... :(

Edit2:
I add a all folders from tfs.sdk , also OFC mysql but now I have this error:

@Gesior.pl can u help me?

Last edited:
OP
Gesior.pl

Gesior.pl

Mega Noob&LOL 2012
Premium User
Best answers
Reaction score
Hello, I did everything 100% to point 4., ofc I downloaded and installed all files from Gesior links. Everything was okey, the same as Gesior SS's. In point 4, when I opened theforgottenerver.sln I dont have pop up window about change platform so I go to next step. I change Debug to Release, change build to x64 and click Compile. Unfotunelly I have error:

I tried to compile tfs from last almost full 3 days. User @M0ustafa send me this thread, looks good but not works for me... Can somebody help me with this?

Edit:
I added boost folder like that:

and now I have other error in VS:

Lua:
Ważność    Kod    Opis    Projekt    Plik    Wiersz    Stan pominięcia
Błąd    C1083    Nie można otworzyć pliku dołącz: 'pugixml.hpp': No such file or directory    theforgottenserver    C:\forgottenserver\src\otpch.h    44
but I can't find anything about that on forum... :(

Edit2:
I add a all folders from tfs.sdk , also OFC mysql but now I have this error:

@Gesior.pl can u help me?
This is tutorial for newest TFS with compilation using 'vcpkg', not old 'tfs-sdk'.
Part of tutorial that make Visual Studio 'see' libraries installed by 'vcpkg' is:
Code:
.\vcpkg integrate install
It's important to run it in PowerShell (not other console) and to run it in console with 'Administrator' rights.

In next step it installs all libraries:
Code:
vcpkg install boost-iostreams:x64-windows boost-asio:x64-windows boost-system:x64-windows boost-filesystem:x64-windows boost-variant:x64-windows boost-lockfree:x64-windows luajit:x64-windows libmariadb:x64-windows pugixml:x64-windows mpir:x64-windows cryptopp:x64-windows
On that list are: boost-asio:x64-windows, pugixml:x64-windows and libmariadb:x64-windows
So if you did these 2 steps without errors it should work. It's Windows.. it may require to restart PC to make it work.

MariaDB is replacement for MySQL. I'm not sure, if it requires some changes in VS project (if you are using old VS project for tfs-sdk).

Last edited: