• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Gamemaster Gamemaster Application (Mature; English)

dream girl

‮nimdA nA toN
Reaction score
Update 09/10/13: The server that I had taken time off of exploring staff opportunities turned out to not be what I had hoped for. Great host, great server, just felt the management was not only lacking, but nonexistent in some respects. No hard feelings toward him or his server. So, after much debate if I should even continue looking, I decided I will give this one last shot. The next server I join, and do a trial period for, will be my last staff position I apply for. Whether it is success and I stay, or complete failure and I kindly decline, I will discontinue my server after this. I truly hope I find a host who share my professionalism and has a love for his/her community (even if they are reluctant to show it).

Update 08/26/13: Although I have looked at a few servers, and still have some that I am going to be looking at, I have not found a server to call home yet. I would like to just clarify that I am NOT even asking for a character that has any abilities, I am just looking for a position where I can help out/ensure top quality of your product. I never was much of a gamer, I mostly just love helping out and interacting with the community.

I am currently looking to join the staff of a mature server and am not too picky about how far into development/production you are. If you have members and need some assistance with managing/enforcing your server then you are the person I am writing this application to.

Basics:
  • I am 25 years old.
  • I live in the Eastern Timezone (UTC-05:00).
  • I have a great personality and the patience of a saint.
  • I currently have a full-time job.
  • My current role at my company is the Lead Systems Analyst and I held the title of Database Administrator previously to my change.
  • I have my BS and MS in Computer Science, after originally attending college to major in English but realized that I enjoyed the challenge/puzzle-like environment of working with computers/databases.
I think that covers everything. Honestly, I am not saying I'm going to be able to dedicate an astronomical amount of time to any project. I also am telling you upfront that I am gone for 9hrs during the day through the week (work). If you are looking for someone with no life and who will get obsessive over your product then I'm not the ideal person for you.

However, if you are looking for someone who is extremely detail oriented and will stress-test the hell out of anything you give them then I am far beyond ideal. I make a living making sure things are feasible and "that all the T's are crossed and I's are dotted." Any spelling or grammar mistakes I notice will be brought to your attention unabashedly. Any quests or NPCs you add will be attempted to be broken in the most thorough of manners (better me, who will tell you when it breaks, than someone else who may abuse it). I may not be able to dedicate an extreme amount of time but my time will be worthwhile and dedicated solely to you. I am looking to join ONE server, there will be no divided attention or potential conflict of interests.

It is also worth noting that fresh eyes are best when working on a project. While you may think something makes complete sense, I on the other hand, not having seen the progression, may point out how confusing/lacking of explanation it seems.

FURTHERMORE: I am not asking for a high staff position or even commands for that matter, I just want to help out in any way I possibly can if you allow me to do so. I do have some experience in Tibia. I've been playing Tibia since around 2001. I have been Tutor on near about every server I have played (including Senior Tutor on RL Tibia). I have only been GM about 5 times, mostly because I dedicate myself to a project and do not leave until the host closes it or relieves me of my duties. I have been host of 3 OTs, mostly small projects just for fun, but I did learn a great deal of problem solving during those experiences (not to mention I learned how vital a good team is). I have been above GM position ("God", "Admin", "Head Staff", etc.) on two servers in the past. Both times I proved myself time again and again as a mature and kindhearted staff member. I do not see myself as above anyone and refuse to believe that level or access dictates your worth in a server. I also tend to be a social butterfly, which does help for making members of the community to feel like their thoughts and opinions are validated/valuable/respected.

If you are interested in having me join your staff please reply to this thread, send me a message on here, or PM me on here asking for my Skype and we can talk there instead if you wish. I will NOT join a team sight unseen so you will need to tell me the IP/client/port for your server and allow me to walk around it (on a regular character, of course) to see if my expertise would suit your needs.

Last edited:
You have an extremely well written application, I'm impressed. Anyone you work for will be very privileged, good luck.

When I read you wanted to staff a "Mature" server I first thought you meant a server that's for Mature players. As in Mature Content. lol

Though you do seem to be one of the few impressive people that are on the OTLand forums.

Thank you for all the kind comments/support everyone, I certainly appreciate it!

As far as the individuals who have private messaged me I would like to just say that I am getting back to you guys as quickly as possible. I was gone the past few days due to a close family member being in the hospital, I promise I didn't miss or ignore you!

Seems like I have something to offer :) Could you add me to skype(fare_chasm), or drop yours. Thanks.

None of you know of what this whore does. I am not even trolling. She is an utter low-life, because one day i was playing my friends account and she messages me saying some insulting shit and i tell her its me and she says 'Damn it, I wanted to have argument' or something of that nature please do not hire this bitch for not shit.

Oh and dont fall for her shit she will manipulate you if you are not careful :>

None of you know of what this whore does. I am not even trolling. She is an utter low-life, because one day i was playing my friends account and she messages me saying some insulting shit and i tell her its me and she says 'Damn it, I wanted to have argument' or something of that nature please do not hire this bitch for not shit.

Oh and dont fall for her shit she will manipulate you if you are not careful :>
omg its a girl ur hired omg

Bumping this thread back to the top.

I have attempted to communicate with a host for the past few days but it seems the gentleman has fell off the face of the earth. Thus, although the opportunity seemed like a good challenge, I have reluctantly chosen to move on and continuing my search for a server that could possibly use my assistance.

Also, I didn't think this needed to be said but since one of my previous trial periods as GM went sour I would like to just make a reminder. I am a professional and I do look at this as a job of sorts. I have no problem with a host keeping a light and fun approach to how they manage their server but I will not bite my tongue if I see obvious unwarranted verbal abuse by the host towards the community. Yes, it is their server to kill as much as they like, but I will not be part of a staff that does not put its community first.

...None of you know of what this whore does. I am not even trolling. She is an utter low-life...
Could you please post on a legitimate account if you are going to slander my application. I have no idea what you're referring to, but if you'd care to discuss your concerns feel free to private message me on here.

LOL no way!, girls do not play games! o.o.....
Latest statistics say that 1/3rd of the gamer population is actually females. Granted, I don't play too terribly much anymore because I'm always busy playing with my 10 cats. Cats make the world a better place. ;)

LOL Well, Cats certainly do Lighten up my day, i no longer need an alarm clock thanks to them... they work over time making Sure that im awake by 4:30 am each and every morning. As for you looking to be a Gm on a community loving server, If you have free time and are bord with playing with OTland forums, you can have fun chats with my servers players and i, we always have a few chuckles together

Just add me on skype: werewo1fkn1ght
Or just log into www.tibiakingdoms.com, and message me. i can get you a spot on my large staff (me)

Also tibia kingdoms (my server) is based on the ideas of all the players and staff, mixed up to be the best :D so if you have ideas to make it better please let me know.

Oh and also the Girls dont play games was just a joke- a Very old joke i might add :D

LOL Well, Cats certainly do Lighten up my day, i no longer need an alarm clock thanks to them... they work over time making Sure that im awake by 4:30 am each and every morning. As for you looking to be a Gm on a community loving server, If you have free time and are bord with playing with OTland forums, you can have fun chats with my servers players and i, we always have a few chuckles together

Just add me on skype: werewo1fkn1ght
Or just log into www.tibiakingdoms.com, and message me. i can get you a spot on my large staff (me)

Also tibia kingdoms (my server) is based on the ideas of all the players and staff, mixed up to be the best :D so if you have ideas to make it better please let me know.

Oh and also the Girls dont play games was just a joke- a Very old joke i might add :D
HuXlajt.png

gotta do better than that to impress ur lady bro =/

Was not trying to Impress anyone, Was only stating the truth. Besides, i only said if she has time she can swing by and chat with some people, were is the harm in that?

If i was trying to Impress her i would say, i'll pay you 10$ a week for being a GM and i'll teach you how to script and webdesign.

But i did not say these things.

Was not trying to Impress anyone, Was only stating the truth. Besides, i only said if she has time she can swing by and chat with some people, were is the harm in that?

If i was trying to Impress her i would say, i'll pay you 10$ a week for being a GM and i'll teach you how to script and webdesign.

But i did not say these things.
well then you're in the wrong thread bro, this chick is looking for a GM position while you're looking for a friend ;]

:3 are you saying you do not friend up with your gms? They are just random people you distrust all the time? if this is true i suggest you change your ways and get to know who is monitoring your players.

:3 are you saying you do not friend up with your gms? They are just random people you distrust all the time? if this is true i suggest you change your ways and get to know who is monitoring your players.
no I agree with you. except your server has no players .. so the only person she'd be talking to is you ..

call it wat u want but there are much better places to find friends bro ^.^

I am going to bump this back to the top for the last time.

Since someone asked me in a PM about it, I will include my stance on being staff on a failed server:
"Yes, it [my commitment] does include if on the off chance you lose your community, I will still logs on and wait for players to help. I do not turn back on taking a position, trust me I know how important having a loyal staff is."

Anyways, long story short I tried two new places and both turned out to disappoint me in how they handled their community. One had no regard for the new players and expected them to just learn on their own, even after the fact was pointed out that they log on wearing equipment they cannot even use. The other held a host that felt it necessary to make comments to female characters that I felt were uncalled for. Something along the lines of "get back in the kitchen you skanky hoe." Yes. The host. Full aware that I am a female and chuckling it off as joking with the new players.

I know that the OT community is a lot younger these days but I cannot believe the type of hosts that I am running into lately. I am certainly fine with being staff under someone 10 years my junior, but I'd hope they could at least pretend to be respectful and helpful.

This will be my last attempt to find a server that can use my assistance AND will bite their tongue a little bit around me. Having a sailor's mouth is fine, my father has one too, but at least my father knows when to use it and when to not. I hope you can do the same out of respect.

Still looking for one interested party. I know I typed way too much on this thread but honestly I believe my loquacity is one of the reasons people love me. They know they can come to me with questions and it's comforting in a sense for them to know someone is willing to take the time to answer their questions completely and precisely.

To make things a little easier on people you can add me on Skype.
My Skype name is: likeyounotme

Back