• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Gaming PC Build - Make my build cheaper

Bredaase

Programming Newb
Reaction score
Updated----- Final build -----------

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/nXyTjc

Yes, I will use an HDD for now and I am sure about the GPU and CPU I am only concerned about the rest of these parts if you can help me with that. Will it work or will I have to die because my computer explodes? Or will I have to be hungry because all the money goes to waste since everything will be destroyed because im a pleb. I really dont want to spend more than this.

Old content:
Hi guys,

I am planning to build a gaming pc (with monitor under 1000€ or less).

I have created this build and was wondering on which parts I could save on: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/VjgjvV (I can get the build for 930€ after searching for the parts manually)

however I think it might be a little bit overkill for my needs since I only play occasionally Tibia, csgo almost daily and maybe once every few months I play an AAA game which I dont mind playing on the lowest graphic settings. But I still want the pc to be kinda future proof for my needs.

I wanna stick to Intel i5 and Nvidia and I want 8gb of ram. I think that the only things I can save on are the graphic card and the processor.

Note: I am located in Germany so please keep in mind that the prices may vary.

Last edited:
Take an i5 4670 and save yourself some money. I'm running on that one and Nvidea GTX 780Ti and can max out anything on 1920x1080. As long as you dont have a bigger screen you can acctually go with that GPU of mine easily. I also have 8gb of ram and asus pro4 mb.

For Tibia, CSGO I'd prefer sick CPU and very fast RAM. GPU is the last thing you should focus. For system speed I prefer SSD or very fast HDD.

This text phonetically sounds funny :)

future proofing is last thing you should worry about because there isn't such thing and for what do you need the optical drive? it could be -15 €

Take an i5 4670 and save yourself some money. I'm running on that one and Nvidea GTX 780Ti and can max out anything on 1920x1080. As long as you dont have a bigger screen you can acctually go with that GPU of mine easily. I also have 8gb of ram and asus pro4 mb.

The i5 4670 is just as expensive :O IDK maybe you can link a cheaper site. The GTX780TI is also not cheaper by much or maybe I am just too dumb :p

For Tibia, CSGO I'd prefer sick CPU and very fast RAM. GPU is the last thing you should focus. For system speed I prefer SSD or very fast HDD.

This text phonetically sounds funny :)

Well, if I wanna play other games sometimes I think it is kind of important but as long as I dont get screen tearing im ok :D

future proofing is last thing you should worry about because there isn't such thing and for what do you need the optical drive? it could be -15 €

Well, I know it could be -15€ but I dont think that it is totally outdated (yet). I just feel comfortable having one and I dont mind spending 15€ on it :)

Thanks for your input guys!

The i5 4670 is just as expensive :O IDK maybe you can link a cheaper site. The GTX780TI is also not cheaper by much or maybe I am just too dumb :p

Well, if I wanna play other games sometimes I think it is kind of important but as long as I dont get screen tearing im ok :D

Well, I know it could be -15€ but I dont think that it is totally outdated (yet). I just feel comfortable having one and I dont mind spending 15€ on it :)

Thanks for your input guys!
I ordered with MindFactory :)

Hi guys,

I am planning to build a gaming pc (with monitor under 1000€ or less).

I have created this build and was wondering on which parts I could save on: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/VjgjvV (I can get the build for 930€ after searching for the parts manually)

however I think it might be a little bit overkill for my needs since I only play occasionally Tibia, csgo almost daily and maybe once every few months I play an AAA game which I dont mind playing on the lowest graphic settings. But I still want the pc to be kinda future proof for my needs.

I wanna stick to Intel i5 and Nvidia and I want 8gb of ram. I think that the only things I can save on are the graphic card and the processor.

Note: I am located in Germany so please keep in mind that the prices may vary.
I would recommend a z170 mother instead of h150 because you picked a K cpu.

Also take 2x4 RAM so you can utilize Duo channel and also take the Be Quiet Pure rock instead, same performance as the 212 evo but easier installation and I would completely skip the 1050ti. Pick one of the Polaris RX cards like the 480 4/8 gb or the 470. Way more performance per dollar.

And I would take some cheap SSD to store your OS and also pick a better PSU the green CX series of PSUs are known for their shitty performance over all.

I would recommend a z170 mother instead of h150 because you picked a K cpu.

Also take 2x4 RAM so you can utilize Duo channel and also take the Be Quiet Pure rock instead, same performance as the 212 evo but easier installation and I would completely skip the 1050ti. Pick one of the Polaris RX cards like the 480 4/8 gb or the 470. Way more performance per dollar.

And I would take some cheap SSD to store your OS and also pick a better PSU the green CX series of PSUs are known for their shitty performance over all.

Alright it seems like you have a lot more knowledge than me, maybe you can send me a link to a build? I took 1 8gb because I thought that it might come in handy if I want to upgrade my ram to 16gb some day :p

Yes, I will use an HDD for now and I am sure about the GPU and CPU I am only concerned about the rest of these parts if you can help me with that. Will it work or will I have to die because my computer explodes? Or will I have to be hungry because all the money goes to waste since everything will be destroyed because im a pleb. I really dont want to spend more than this.

Maybe some money I can save? Total cost will be: 745.58€ + Monitor

Maybe some money I can save? Total cost will be: 745.58€ + Monitor
Like I said switch to a 6660k instead of a 6660. Else your Z170 will be complete waste. Pick the pure rock instead, Easier installation same performance. And take a 470 4 GB gpu instead. YOu will gain more performance by that.

Like I said switch to a 6660k instead of a 6660. Else your Z170 will be complete waste. Pick the pure rock instead, Easier installation same performance. And take a 470 4 GB gpu instead. YOu will gain more performance by that.

in case I wouldnt switch to a 6600k, which motherboard would you recommend me then?

//Edit: which be quiet pure rock model would you recommend? I dont wanna spend too much more

//Edit2:
How about these two:
ASRock H110M-DGS for 50€
be quiet! Pure Rock Slim Tower cooler for 20€

The prices are great, good ratings and it would save me 70€

Last edited:
AMD builds faster cheaper computers.

I know a billion people are going to disagree. But I can build a computer that is faster for the same price (or cheaper) using AMD.

AMD builds faster cheaper computers.

I know a billion people are going to disagree. But I can build a computer that is faster for the same price (or cheaper) using AMD.

Yeah I will probably go for the RX 470 4GB thanks for that guys. Why are Intel cheaper then and have a better reputation (among the people I personally know at least) than AMD?

Yeah I will probably go for the RX 470 4GB thanks for that guys. Why are Intel cheaper then and have a better reputation (among the people I personally know at least) than AMD?
Intel is faster and a better architecture, but you pay a hefty premium for Intel Brand Items.

AMD may be slower with a worse architecture, but you get bang for your buck.

Intel is faster and a better architecture, but you pay a hefty premium for Intel Brand Items.

AMD may be slower with a worse architecture, but you get bang for your buck.

Thanks!

So final, final build: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/mCJXhq

Since the i5-6600 has the best price for what you get in Germany I am sticking with it. I will get the RX480 4gb instead of the gtx 1050ti since it is better than the RX470 and just little bit more expensive than the 1050ti. I will use the 1tb HDD for now and get an SSD in the next months. Thanks for your contribution.

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html

Intel Core i5-6600 @ 3.30GHz 7,732 $219.99 AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core 8,938 $149.99
I would say the AMD FX-8350 is cheaper and faster, at least according to Benchmarks that I have seen.

Also, where did you get the pricing for your monitor and graphics card?
I can't find that pricing anywhere really.

All the RX 480s I see are $220+

You can use Passmark.net to determine what is the cheapest for the best price.

mindfactory.de for the graphics card and monitor was notebooksbilliger.de :) Decided to go with the MSI RX 470 4gb for 199€ since I read that the RX 480 for 199€ was just a cheap rip off of the normal-priced RX 480 for at least 220€. I am also not looking for 10 more fps on GTA5 Ultra Settings so I prefer quality rx470 over cheap rx480.

//Edit: I have tried to go with a AMD processor but it would end up with the same price since the RAM for the motherboard was more expensive than the ram for an Intel one and the power consumption was also higher and Intel processors have really gained my trust over the years. So, I am happy with the build right now and just hope that it will also fulfill my requirements which are not very high anyways :)

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html

Intel Core i5-6600 @ 3.30GHz 7,732 $219.99 AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core 8,938 $149.99
I would say the AMD FX-8350 is cheaper and faster, at least according to Benchmarks that I have seen.

Also, where did you get the pricing for your monitor and graphics card?
I can't find that pricing anywhere really.

All the RX 480s I see are $220+

You can use Passmark.net to determine what is the cheapest for the best price.
Imo he should wait for Zen. :)

Back