• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Gate - Anything missing ?

simonnini

Reaction score
otland.jpg

As the topic says. Feedback please !

it looks horrible, no details on it at all, simple autobordered gate, looks boring and sort of sense less, and when ur going to take a pic press Q

2/10

all up@ wow im sure that there is almost no new mappers in otland because of you lol

judging by the picture I guess you're new in here :)
well it lacks a lot of details, try to use more RAW instead of auto boarder, mix some grounds, add stones/grass, also I'd suggest to change that ground type, or either mix it with some other ground tiles
Check the mapping forums you can get a lot ideas :)!

Zeelex@ This was the kind of information i was asking for, yes im new. I wanted some feedback. Rest of you, go get a life please.

This looks like a decent idea, actually ! It's just the outcome that was not that decent, unfortunately.
Just a little liftup, for the wooden floor. Wouldn't it be a bit cooler if you perhaps would have placed it +1 floor up, and put them on pillars? That would look more like a bay, as it seems like you tried to create.

As well, you need to put a lot more details, and just a little tip. If you turn off auto-border, you may perform a lot more decent shapes. And use the RAW palette when putting details, else it'll look extremely random! As well, the statues, are they standing in the water? You could put them on pillars as well, to make it more realistic, and to make it look like they were build on pillars instead of on the water. Keep your work up, though. We need more mappers here at OTLand! :)

Sincerely,
Siramix!

Back