• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[general-help]screen share phone to smart TV with OVPN turned on

Felipe93

Ghost Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello otlanders

I'm making this thread because I haven't found anything related to my question over the internet

I have a problem while screen mirroring or screen share from my cell phone to my smart TV the problem appears when I have turned on the OPEN VPN(free net) on my cellphone. If I have it on its impossible for me to enable this feature, if I turn it off everything connect properly
I have no internet or đź’° to pay for it that's why I use OPEN VPN to get access to internet
Anyone here knows a method to make it possible to enable the feature screen share // screen mirroring while my VPN is turned on?
If you know a method please let me know

PS: My smart TV it's a LG(2018)
and my smartphone a Motorola X Android 5.1
Thanks in advance

Regards

I believe your smart tv and phone needs to be connected to the same wifi and that’s why it doesnt work when your vpn is on

I believe your smart tv and phone needs to be connected to the same wifi and that’s why it doesnt work when your vpn is on
Share screen feature doesn't use wifi .. but NVM I solved the issue using open VPN for Android it's has a routing feature

Share screen feature doesn't use wifi .. but NVM I solved the issue using open VPN for Android it's has a routing feature

No, but your phone is connected to the WiFi. If you turned your WiFi off, it wouldn't connect to your smart TV either because it isn't on the same network. When you connect to a VPN, it essentially changes your network, therefore it can no longer see your smart TV.

Glad you sorted it!

I dont need internet to do that man.. I know because I'm using it sometimes without WiFi or data I needed the vpm to enable Netflix or another's apps.
Related to the VPN it's true. But I solved it using ovpn for Android that handle a sort of. Bypass

Back