• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Geometric 3d Effect (XUnknow Gallery)

XUnknow

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right place, this is my attempt of "first sprite". I'm still confused how to set the outline since some change the perspective of 3d effect and not sure if I did the light source right. The reason why I choose geometric is because I thought would be easier but wasn't at all.

front-wall_06_05.pngfront-wall_08_03.pngfront-wall_iron_01_15.pngfront-wall_MUD_03.pngfront-brick_wall.png
Post automatically merged:

Here is a few more, please give some tips on what can be changed.
front-brick_wall_metal.pngfront-wall_02_02.pngfront-wall_04_02.pngfront-wall_05_18.pngfront-wall_05.png

I used this pallet that I found in Lospec : Z64

Last edited:
View attachment 75283
almost every wall sprite in tibia has borders, (black borders, or using a darkest tone of the color of the wall, just zoom in.
if not it will look faded
In fact, no sprite is recommended for interior or exterior, borders are recommended, it's easier to do in emotion this is a style that tibia currently created but it's a serious mistake because not all sprites are for tibia

In fact, no sprite is recommended for interior or exterior, borders are recommended, it's easier to do in emotion this is a style that tibia currently created but it's a serious mistake because not all sprites are for tibia
yeah it really depends of what are you doing, those walls will fit in games like pokemon ots, naruto ots, and dragon ball ots, they have "soft color sprites" without borders, but if you mix those with tibia sprites they will look a lot diferent inside the game

yeah it really depends of what are you doing, those walls will fit in games like pokemon ots, naruto ots, and dragon ball ots, they have "soft color sprites" without borders, but if you mix those with tibia sprites they will look a lot diferent inside the game
but actually I don't recommend using borders some use very little only in the 8x8 part to highlight more you can do it very well without borders any day post an exterior work for you to understand what I'm saying about borders in the sprite is that currently the tibia is not perfecting the sprites, a lot has changed

but actually I don't recommend using borders some use very little only in the 8x8 part to highlight more you can do it very well without borders any day post an exterior work for you to understand what I'm saying about borders in the sprite is that currently the tibia is not perfecting the sprites, a lot has changed
I was wondering why some sprites in tibia feels more like trying to reach realism and others feel like cartoon. Although I know that some are intentional. I thought only I had that kind of thought.

I was wondering why some sprites in tibia feels more like trying to reach realism and others feel like cartoon. Although I know that some are intentional. I thought only I had that kind of thought.
because every couple of years tibia change their pixel art employes, just check the spriting for every update is very diferent.

the most i liked is from 2013/2014

888.png

1ºFirst attempt.
SWORD_sprite_sheet_00.png
2ºSecond attempt, tried spriting shield since wasn't going well with swords.
SHIELD_sprite_sheet.png
3ºThird attempt tried swords again, while learning a little about the hue, most of the swords are monochromatic or all of them.
SWORD_sprite_sheet_001.png
4ºFourth attempt was club because i was tired of trying swords.
CLUB_sprite_sheet_01.png
5º Fifth attempt and last was a few equips. What I've learned is that is not easy to sprite.
ARMORS_sprite_sheet_0002.png

Analyse tibia sprites generally is a tip.
What kind of border they use, how they deal with light sources etc.
If you mess up the light source it will always look off.
Also in most sprites they have "gibberish" pixels to help texture them.
You can achieve the "gibberish" by using pattern overlays and making every pixel slightly unique with it.
Especially older sprites uses this technique. And generally most ground tiles, walls etc have this. Because if it's too clean it looks... too clean.
Nothing in Tibia is generally clean.
Your Equips are "too clean". Compare them to existing gear to find how to make the style blend better ^^

Analyse tibia sprites generally is a tip.
What kind of border they use, how they deal with light sources etc.
If you mess up the light source it will always look off.
Also in most sprites they have "gibberish" pixels to help texture them.
You can achieve the "gibberish" by using pattern overlays and making every pixel slightly unique with it.
Especially older sprites uses this technique. And generally most ground tiles, walls etc have this. Because if it's too clean it looks... too clean.
Nothing in Tibia is generally clean.
Your Equips are "too clean". Compare them to existing gear to find how to make the style blend better ^^
I agree with u, but doing texture is really difficult to shade + texture, i think the only item that i tried to do texture was the holt of the last sword. But I'll improve that.

Back