• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Germany][4.0] Fossil (early Alpha)

Server Website/AAC
http://fossil.servebeer.com
Server Address
Server Port
Client Protocol
this is playable or for testing, nostalgia? it feels weird i know it might be in these versions as well but quite sure it does not feels as it should
it's very interesting anyways, good luck.

some spots in the mountins corners are not filled with nothing and i can step in there meanwhile i can not walk for example to south or east due to the walls
i think you deleted some rock, that should be there at least invisible or something that must block the path in there.

Attachments

Last edited:
this is playable or for testing, nostalgia? it feels weird i know it might be in these versions as well but quite sure it does not feels as it should
it's very interesting anyways, good luck.

some spots in the mountins corners are not filled with nothing and i can step in there meanwhile i can not walk for example to south or east due to the walls
i think you deleted some rock, that should be there at least invisible or something that must block the path in there.
Client is bugged now, you need to disable/enable 'Don't stretch the window' option for chat to apear. Overall there are still issues and client is an working in progress.

The mountain corner is actually bugged, thanks for reporting.

keep it up bro, it looks amazing and I will be joining right now the alpha test

by the way, the client is not packed neither encrypted, is that on purpose?

I don't get the whole "Tibia 4.0" thing about this project. Not much of the server is 4.0, if anything. I'm not just talking about the client itself and its features, but the map and even creatures. Have you ever played real Tibia 4.0? To me it seems like you just took a mixed pre-7.0 client and slapped "4.0" on it.

(I started during Tibia 2.0 in 1997).

I don't get the whole "Tibia 4.0" thing about this project. Not much of the server is 4.0, if anything. I'm not just talking about the client itself and its features, but the map and even creatures. Have you ever played real Tibia 4.0? To me it seems like you just took a mixed pre-7.0 client and slapped "4.0" on it.

interesting i started early too when you logged in with a book and character name prior to the 7.0 client
i started like... 6.X something... a year maybe before 7.0 came? hard to remember exactly
i played this server a little bit and seems fine to me but i never started in 2.0 or 4.0 era

but can u be more specific what you mean is wrong with this server?

Well, I am curious but I don't think asking you for details/sources would matter since you could just search on google (same as the owner could do).
Even tho, feel free to share your expertise.. would be nice to have an accurate 4.0 version or at least something very near

keep it up bro, it looks amazing and I will be joining right now the alpha test

by the way, the client is not packed neither encrypted, is that on purpose?
Sort of is, the plan is to pack it for official launch if it ever came to that.
Post automatically merged:

Well, I am curious but I don't think asking you for details/sources would matter since you could just search on google (same as the owner could do).
Even tho, feel free to share your expertise.. would be nice to have an accurate 4.0 version or at least something very near
Well, by now I encountered many people like that guy, appears saying they are a old player and everything were different, asked by specifics either disapear or point out stuff that is easily dismissed by still existent documented data. Of course here and there someone legit appears, but those give proprer adivice, not vague complains. I'm really curious of what he would come up about the map, because the client sure still lacking, and there are mechanics missing here and there, but the map is usually really praised and not contested at all (I'm really proud of all the research done).

Although the graphics are 4.0 and Tibia City minimap matches original 4.0 100%, it still mixed with features and map from up to 5.2. Just to add to that, gonna add some documentation to this thread:

OLD STUFF
Not an extensive list
  • Overspawn (Monster if moved out of their original square they were spawned at, will keep producing more and more copies [think of Mino Bar with 20 minos]
  • Roof-shooting (Allows you to shoot runes at target on floors below you, if target is within rune range (AoE) or visible (Single))
  • No log out block (You may log out during the battle or PvP, there's no restriction on this, log out)
  • Increased maximum number of summons (No standard 2 summon limit)
  • Summons go wild if master dies/logs out (Monsters will turn into normal monsters with normal monster AI and attack anyone.)
  • Monsters can be pushed, even into holes, ladders, or any other object that you can rope-up or interact with to change levels
  • Most ammunitions fell in the ground (Bolts/arrows will still break rarely)
  • No beds, no skulls, no combat text

NOT MATCHING ORIGINAL
  • Houses with keys.
  • Old outfit system picking body parts.
  • Pixeled light effects.
  • Saving items in the floor at server save, nor map resets on selected areas.
  • Bugging character stats by dieing bellow level 8 (can still be screwed by leaving Rookgaard late).
  • Game Map stretching horizontally to fit screen (modern monitors are too wide, implementing that would actually make the game to not be played as it was).

ROADMAP
This is the Fossil list of stuff missing and planned to be implemented. Although there are a specific order planned, don't assume it will be followed. If it's in this list you don't need to report as feature missing or bug, since it is already know.

Last edited:
Back