• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Germany] [Custom] Necronia ❂ Open-Beta Now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Server Port
Client Protocol
Here are some more beta keys meanwhile until Cornex wakes up:
65072-35901-35089-22084
53107-84044-16604-34829
55909-79090-44474-16974
94624-81854-30426-11099
85499-65999-34269-63729
14047-69652-82667-52489
70888-13845-16872-59511
78297-64817-22007-96763
33085-68058-92465-79404
35065-16314-55947-16168
63097-31447-72990-33230
13511-36183-80538-68824
19896-44211-78860-16701
41997-88798-70385-89220
45980-61115-65720-91632
59647-67597-15780-59490
88369-65606-85380-92534
38141-49024-71602-82031

anyone can help me i cant see nothing and torch is a new one its on rats cave
261g4y8.png

anyone can help me i cant see nothing and torch is a new one its on rats cave
261g4y8.png

It looks like your graphic card doesn't support the OpenGL requirements of the client thus doesn't load shaders and light properly (I can also see that because your minimap is out of bounds)

You may try something as an user suggested here through these images, he said it helped him, don't know if it will work though:
https://otland.net/threads/germany-...cember-xmas-event.238908/page-10#post-2312124

If that doesn't work, try updating your graphic card's drivers to the newest version available on the internet.

If neither helps, I'm afraid you might have to wait for the release of the DirectX9 client.

Shadowsong i got a little problm, i wanna go to main as fast as i can. But doing the last elsa task is a pain in the ass ( so i heard from other people) and gettig lvl 20 is even worse. Finding bosses on this map is annoying too.

So how to get to main fastt?? all i wanna do is hunt, hunt and hunt more! But by bein a necromancer -.- not a rook char....

Iam just a new player and this annoys me, perhaps its only me who hates to chop trees and such. Or kill mob without being the vocation i want to be ...

I guess @Cornex rewrote his own changes when he was messing with the website features last night. I'll PM him to have it fixed as soon as he wakes up. Sorry for the inconvenience.

So weird, the config files ain't get overwritten when i deploy my changes unless I force it to do.
Anyway, have switched it back and gonna investigate how it could change from the start.

Shadowsong i got a little problm, i wanna go to main as fast as i can. But doing the last elsa task is a pain in the ass ( so i heard from other people) and gettig lvl 20 is even worse. Finding bosses on this map is annoying too.

So how to get to main fastt?? all i wanna do is hunt, hunt and hunt more! But by bein a necromancer -.- not a rook char....

Iam just a new player and this annoys me, perhaps its only me who hates to chop trees and such. Or kill mob without being the vocation i want to be ...

You can not rewind through the parts you don't like, it doesn't work that way. When you know enough about the game, you will be able to progress faster, but you don't get to that point by skipping everything and instantly becoming who you want to be. It's not some Evo server where we server everything right in front of you and you enter a teleport to get to your destination. You find find an epic boss, you have to search for it. You wanna find a mystical tree to cut, you have to search for it. All of this can be made fun if you actually participate in the RPG and not play the game with an attitude of the entire gameplay being a chore. I for sure know it wasn't designed that way, or to make you feel like it. Sure, you have to chop up some trees or pick a rock occassionally to upgrade your EQ, but that's the point - searching for rare resources, getting skill to farm them, marketing and trading them, that's a whole one aspect of the game.

Anyway, you should try doing the quest yourself before you call it a pain in the ass. It's quite a basic quest that requires you to use all of your skills once, and then go on a journey to find the mystical tree.

Wish I made a better use of my closed beta key, although it doesnt matter. I'm so glad to see how fine is open beta doing. One of most 'healthy' open betas I would say. So good to know that there are still people like Shadowsong and Necronia Team in general who are so dedicated to their project.
We are just participants of new OT quality coming to live. You have set such a high target and such high quality that all these download and run and donate servers should simply burn under quality of Necronia.
You seriously deserve all the best but you guys are also all that is best around here.
Anyway, best of lucks and even more and simply HYPE MUST GO ON... YEYAEY :D

You can not rewind through the parts you don't like, it doesn't work that way. When you know enough about the game, you will be able to progress faster, but you don't get to that point by skipping everything and instantly becoming who you want to be. It's not some Evo server where we server everything right in front of you and you enter a teleport to get to your destination. You find find an epic boss, you have to search for it. You wanna find a mystical tree to cut, you have to search for it. All of this can be made fun if you actually participate in the RPG and not play the game with an attitude of the entire gameplay being a chore. I for sure know it wasn't designed that way, or to make you feel like it. Sure, you have to chop up some trees or pick a rock occassionally to upgrade your EQ, but that's the point - searching for rare resources, getting skill to farm them, marketing and trading them, that's a whole one aspect of the game.

Anyway, you should try doing the quest yourself before you call it a pain in the ass. It's quite a basic quest that requires you to use all of your skills once, and then go on a journey to find the mystical tree.

The problem is that people already had enough TPS servers and they want to level fast and end the game in one day (So stupid), so they think Necronia is that highexp server, well.. Guess what people, this is a RPG server that has been working on it about 4-5 years? So if you are looking for a teleport server and x1000 search one, this server requires TIME, INTELLIGENCE and PATIENCE. As far as I know this is the most complete server you could ever play and yeah its hard because got tons of features, but believe me its worth every second you spend on it.

Greetings, Liro.

IrqS9h2.png

LMAO, i love my pc and network..

wtff...
ih-bxoc.png

Last edited by a moderator:

The lag is due to an engine issue, which we are tracking down right now. Everyone is experiencing it, and there is no way around it until it's fixed. This is an issue we had no way of knowing about when a large number of characters suddenly started playing when there was a max of 30 players in the closed beta with no lag.

The lag is due to an engine issue, which we are tracking down right now. Everyone is experiencing it, and there is no way around it until it's fixed. This is an issue we had no way of knowing about when a large number of characters suddenly started playing when there was a max of 30 players in the closed beta with no lag.
I have no idea what's going on. But the whole client crashed and won't start..

Have you tried increasing the messagesize buffer and the frequency of how often the packets are sent? If not, go for that.

I have no idea what's going on. But the whole client crashed and won't start..
Solved on skype.

Have you tried increasing the messagesize buffer and the frequency of how often the packets are sent? If not, go for that.
We are experimenting with everything to figure out what exactly is costing us so much performance-wise and all signs point to some unoptimized onThink scripts and the sheer amount of scripts we have in general, which are all repeatedly executed at very slightly delayed time periods. As soon as the number of online players rises, this becomes a problem. Just by making onThink events execute a little less often, we managed to tone the issue down, but we will have to rework a ton of scripts to make them less resource hungry.

I'll see with Tarjei if he has any theories or things he could change around packets as well, to compile all of this into a nice lag-less fix. Will take some more time tho.

Every time I try to connect it wont let me, I get "Connection failed. (ERROR 10060)". I played the closed beta and it worked just fine. I also tried to reinstall Necronia and it still wont work, any help?

--EDIT--

I think the client won't update (still says 1.12 beneath the login area on the client) any suggestions?

--EDIT 2--

I fixed it, the problem was the old closed beta client wasn't updating the client correctly, I deleted all the older files and reinstalled it using the package from the website. (I did this earlier too but from a different link and it didn't work, but this time it did, maybe there is 2 different installer files?)

Last edited:
any idea why it keeps saying an error occurred when trying to update to the new client?

any idea why it keeps saying an error occurred when trying to update to the new client?
Can you screenshot the error and tell me where you downloaded the client from? I'll be able to help you out then.

Every time I try to connect it wont let me, I get "Connection failed. (ERROR 10060)". I played the closed beta and it worked just fine. I also tried to reinstall Necronia and it still wont work, any help?

--EDIT--

I think the client won't update (still says 1.12 beneath the login area on the client) any suggestions?

--EDIT 2--

I fixed it, the problem was the old closed beta client wasn't updating the client correctly, I deleted all the older files and reinstalled it using the package from the website. (I did this earlier too but from a different link and it didn't work, but this time it did, maybe there is 2 different installer files?)

The most recent and proper one to use is on our website, the rest are either outdated or broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.