• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Germany] [Custom] Necronia ❂ Open-Beta Now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Server Port
Client Protocol
Is there any way to bring up the fullscreen minimap (similar to CTRL+SHIFT+M in native otclient)? I was thinking about updating wiki a bit and making maps that way would be a lot easier.

Switched class from Spearman to Marksman now cant use any wep for the class so cant hunt. Also when u use marks on the minimap and relog u client start to freeze had to delete config file to remove marks that helped me^^

Also recommend to keep headbutt and the standart spell for knights after switchting to defender as example since u can build items that give like 50% more dmg with headbutt but u dont even have the spell :D

Switched class from Spearman to Marksman now cant use any wep for the class so cant hunt. Also when u use marks on the minimap and relog u client start to freeze had to delete config file to remove marks that helped me^^

Also recommend to keep headbutt and the standart spell for knights after switchting to defender as example since u can build items that give like 50% more dmg with headbutt but u dont even have the spell :D

Yeah, losing Headbutt pissed me too, I prefered it over Weaponswing.

I am still not able to install the game. It keeps giving me the error that has been showed on previous posts. When installing it doesnt make a map or client to run so i cant even open anything after 'accepting' the error.

Edit: Nvm, found what went wrong!

i would love to see headbutt to keep as berserker or raise weaponswing dmg instead

Is there any way to bring up the fullscreen minimap (similar to CTRL+SHIFT+M in native otclient)? I was thinking about updating wiki a bit and making maps that way would be a lot easier.

Not at the moment, but we will probably re-implement that feature in some client update later.

Yeah, losing Headbutt pissed me too, I prefered it over Weaponswing.
i would love to see headbutt to keep as berserker or raise weaponswing dmg instead

Every promoted vocation gets to keep something from their basic vocation upon promotion; Defender gets to keep Shell, Berserkers/Swordsmen get to keep Weaponswing, and Wildhearts get to keep headbutt.

I'm pretty sure there are no defender-specific items that give bonuses to headbutt, there's just 'warrior' equipment that might do that, and then it's up to you if you really want to wear that on a defender due to its stats. But obviously, such an item would be a best fit for someone who can actually benefit from that bonus as well (wildhearts).

Is there more monster killing or is it all walking back and forth talking to npc all day long?

There's plenty of killing if you like that, but listening to stories and exploring/completing quests is a key part to the gameplay so there's no way around that if you want to succeed either.

I do not like the way the food system work on this server.
As you have to spam food down your throat so often that you more often than not go without regen.
if it was not as often as it is.. like seriously 5 times less often.
It would make it intresting, as you regen differently depending on what food you eat.
I know you can spec so it lasts longer etc.
But even having to spec in that is kind of uughh.
And grabbing ingrediences and figuring out cooking is too tideous to even bother.
You have to make it rewarding for players to do things, not making it a chore before you can hunt.
that is what it feels like, like you are doing chores just to be able to go hunt.
I like crafting etc, but limiting hunting down to how much chores you are able to do before a hunt and is not fun, cuz when you come back from a hunt, guess whats waiting for you..
You guessed it! more chores!
It's like cleaning the dishes after eating (the dishes are cooking and eating is hunting), the eating was delicious and you want more of it, but you have to do the dishes before you eat more even if you are not full yet.
If a cicle that could be a good idea, but ends up being annoying as all fuck. as the crafting system is not that user friendly and making shit is just too annoying, even i have shit on me to make stuff, i fuck up things so often and many items look alike.
it feels like im in school all over again, its not rewarding to do it.
If cooking was something you could do anywhere by creature products and make the campfires to cook some things you just killed, that would make it usefull.
Going back to a stove just to cook makes it annoying and feels like you are wasting your time.
i end up just buying mana grapes and they do not last very long, but thats where my economy goes too.. mana grapes and mana pots. (even as a warrior)

I do not like the way the food system work on this server.
As you have to spam food down your throat so often that you more often than not go without regen.
if it was not as often as it is.. like seriously 5 times less often.
It would make it intresting, as you regen differently depending on what food you eat.
And grabbing ingrediences and figuring out cooking is too tideous to even bother.
You have to make it rewarding for players to do things, not making it a chore before you can hunt.
that is what it feels like, like you are doing chores just to be able to go hunt.
I like crafting etc, but limiting hunting down to how much chores you are able to do before a hunt and is not fun, cuz when you come back from a hunt, guess whats waiting for you..
You guessed it! more chores!
It's like cleaning the dishes after eating (the dishes are cooking and eating is hunting), the eating was delicious and you want more of it, but you have to do the dishes before you eat more even if you are not full yet.
If a cicle that could be a good idea, but ends up being annoying as all fuck. as the crafting system is not that user friendly and making shit is just too annoying, even i have shit on me to make stuff, i fuck up things so often and many items look alike.
it feels like im in school all over again, its not rewarding to do it.
If cooking was something you could do anywhere by creature products and make the campfires to cook some things you just killed, that would make it usefull.
Going back to a stove just to cook makes it annoying and feels like you are wasting your time.
i end up just buying mana grapes and they do not last very long, but thats where my economy goes too.. mana grapes and mana pots. (even as a warrior)

By default, each regenerative food lasts at least 45 seconds (to 1 minute). If you eat a piece of food at around 43 seconds into the first food's regeneration, you prolong the current regeneration. If you stack food together, you get more regeneration but the duration is not prolonged. It really depends on how you want to eat in the first place, and how much regeneration you need at which moment.

If you ate a piece of food every 44 seconds, it would take you 7 and a half minutes to eat 10 pieces of food. That's not much considering some foods can be carried in stacks of 100 (and more) and the regeneration gained from food is quite nice as you transition into mid-game and better foods.

Cooking is not mandatory. Sure, there are very nice benefits to it, but pretty much 80% of the people are playing without cooked foods and doing fine. If you want achievements and great things to happen to you magically without some effort, then you'll notice that's not how life works. Not in real life, not in Necronia, not anywhere. If it's not a chore to hunt the same over and over again to gain experience, why is it a chore to cook some food over and over again to gain some benefits? You don't have to do it, you're not forced to, and you certainly can play with or without it, it's up to you.

So you acknowledge that there's a way to solve what seems to be bothering you, but then even that is 'ugghh'?
If clicking a (+) button next to a skill in your skill window is too much, it's kind of pointless to debate more on what seems to be a chore to you and what doesn't.

And in the end, you can in fact built campfires and cook things anywhere on the map, not just in the kitchen.
At the moment, campfires only support cooking in pots, but we will also see to make it support trays and pans as well.
Learn more here if you are interested:

So you acknowledge that there's a way to solve what seems to be bothering you, but then even that is 'ugghh'?
If clicking a (+) button next to a skill in your skill window is too much, it's kind of pointless to debate more on what seems to be a chore to you and what doesn't.

And in the end, you can in fact built campfires and cook things anywhere on the map, not just in the kitchen.
At the moment, campfires only support cooking in pots, but we will also see to make it support trays and pans as well.

[/QUOTE]

Tl;dr Its stressfull to eat between hunting and everything that includes, you barely get food from creatures (you get as much in real tibia, and that is alot there, but here 1 meat is gone in a matter of seconds, not minutes). Cooking litterly gives you 45 seconds of regain while it takes more than minutes to gather (if you count getting wood, stones or just walking to the cooking places, plus gathering the ingredience).
make Cooked food last longer. like alot longer, so it actually rewards players for cooking insted of just buying food.

So my issue is that you cannot make food from mobs you kill, well unless you want that delicious worm soup.
If certain mobs dropped things you could cook if you just carried your pot and spoon with you (and stone n wood for a campfire) that would be really neat.
What i mean is that the regeneration as you said, it refreshes the 45 second timer.
As everyone who has played tibia is not familiar with.
And if you could handle the 44 second eating for reg, that would be godlike.
But there is no timer visible to see that timer. most likely is that you waste nearly 50% of the food you are carrying because you spam eat while hunting.
And having to eat every 44 second (unless you spec alot in it) is insanity, i know that on higher levels you won't have to eat that often anymore.
But i do not understand why that timer is so insanly low and why the hunger goes up so fast.
it feels like all the effort i did while cooking, as you said. was gone after 45 seconds.
techincally you just have to spam spec the duration of food untill you can sustain your cap per hunt with food.
Because looting gold, materials and items is alot of cap, and having to cap 100 grapes or lets say 10 worm soup.
That takes away alot of it, and sometimes breaks your bank depending what you are hunting.
I also know that gear later on gives regen for mages atleast of what i have seen.
But not having ANY regen without food often leads you into a contenst stress of always having to eat the food, kill 2-3 mobs, eat something, kill 2-3 things, eat somthing etc etc.
It's not a fun experience stressing about cap, eating food while surviving.
Its fun however to have different food giving different regain. This idea is amazing.
Its just that its way too often and your hunger is always empty.
Its just impossible to chill hunt anything because you get put into eating, killing, eating, checking your mana , eating, dmg spells, healing, eating and if warrior armoring up, checking cap, eating, looting materials, while all at the same time the tourch is running out of light.
Its making extra steps contenstly.
This problem probably disapears at higher levels, but its not enjoyable trying to reach those levels because you feel like you have to multitask.
Oh and this wouldn't be better incase you want to do lootbags. then it could become hell on earth.

Tl;dr Its stressfull to eat between hunting and everything that includes, you barely get food from creatures (you get as much in real tibia, and that is alot there, but here 1 meat is gone in a matter of seconds, not minutes). Cooking litterly gives you 45 seconds of regain while it takes more than minutes to gather (if you count getting wood, stones or just walking to the cooking places, plus gathering the ingredience).
make Cooked food last longer. like alot longer, so it actually rewards players for cooking insted of just buying food.

So my issue is that you cannot make food from mobs you kill, well unless you want that delicious worm soup.
If certain mobs dropped things you could cook if you just carried your pot and spoon with you (and stone n wood for a campfire) that would be really neat.
What i mean is that the regeneration as you said, it refreshes the 45 second timer.
As everyone who has played tibia is not familiar with.
And if you could handle the 44 second eating for reg, that would be godlike.
But there is no timer visible to see that timer. most likely is that you waste nearly 50% of the food you are carrying because you spam eat while hunting.
And having to eat every 44 second (unless you spec alot in it) is insanity, i know that on higher levels you won't have to eat that often anymore.
But i do not understand why that timer is so insanly low and why the hunger goes up so fast.
it feels like all the effort i did while cooking, as you said. was gone after 45 seconds.
techincally you just have to spam spec the duration of food untill you can sustain your cap per hunt with food.
Because looting gold, materials and items is alot of cap, and having to cap 100 grapes or lets say 10 worm soup.
That takes away alot of it, and sometimes breaks your bank depending what you are hunting.
I also know that gear later on gives regen for mages atleast of what i have seen.
But not having ANY regen without food often leads you into a contenst stress of always having to eat the food, kill 2-3 mobs, eat something, kill 2-3 things, eat somthing etc etc.
It's not a fun experience stressing about cap, eating food while surviving.
Its fun however to have different food giving different regain. This idea is amazing.
Its just that its way too often and your hunger is always empty.
Its just impossible to chill hunt anything because you get put into eating, killing, eating, checking your mana , eating, dmg spells, healing, eating and if warrior armoring up, checking cap, eating, looting materials, while all at the same time the tourch is running out of light.
Its making extra steps contenstly.
This problem probably disapears at higher levels, but its not enjoyable trying to reach those levels because you feel like you have to multitask.
Oh and this wouldn't be better incase you want to do lootbags. then it could become hell on earth.[/QUOTE]

I think its a good system so u dont fall asleep while hunting lol necronia is action! :D and the food system is pretty good when u put vita A or B u get regen and + max mana or hp my defender got full vita b with bit lupol when i eat a fish rainbow or smt i get 15 mana all 2 sec or smt thats fine since i can heal 100 hp with medicor for 20 mana pretty helpfull

I think its a good system so u dont fall asleep while hunting lol necronia is action! :D and the food system is pretty good when u put vita A or B u get regen and + max mana or hp my defender got full vita b with bit lupol when i eat a fish rainbow or smt i get 15 mana all 2 sec or smt thats fine since i can heal 100 hp with medicor for 20 mana pretty helpfull
It still does make cooking completely worthless.
Many games that has cooking like WoW for example was really good in classic. Because you had to eat a ton of shit etc after 2-3 mobs.
But then cooking only became good for buffs.
And then became worthless.
Here its not really that good for other reasons.
Here food is essential, but you could buy food and not have to cook.
To get ingrediences in wow you just killed mobs, they dropped meat and you cooked it.
But on this server you have to be often specific about recipies and how you cook it.
so you have to carry certain items (later on when you can't only boil soups on campfires).
which takes up your cap, and you only gain 45 seconds of each thing you cook.
It's just not worth it.

And eating something every 45 is kinda stupid, insted of that, having it so the hunger meter goes up slower would be better.
So you keep yourself full , and under that period of time you have a regain, cuz if you eat mana grapes, they give you 1%.
so you cannot look when you need to eat another grape untill you see that you do not regain anymore.

(PS. this is my sole complain on this server thus far, maybe a little hard to understand everything new with the custom client and crafting, but its still a fun server).
but it could easily be done more user friendly. such as not needing to put worms in a pot with water, and add wood on the side, but not any wood, specific wood for it and then clicking on your spoon on the pot and chosing what to cook.
Its just not a user friendly thing, specially as i have played on servers with amazing crafting systems that was not complicated at all and not on custom clients.

It still does make cooking completely worthless.
Many games that has cooking like WoW for example was really good in classic. Because you had to eat a ton of shit etc after 2-3 mobs.
But then cooking only became good for buffs.
And then became worthless.
Here its not really that good for other reasons.
Here food is essential, but you could buy food and not have to cook.
To get ingrediences in wow you just killed mobs, they dropped meat and you cooked it.
But on this server you have to be often specific about recipies and how you cook it.
so you have to carry certain items (later on when you can't only boil soups on campfires).
which takes up your cap, and you only gain 45 seconds of each thing you cook.
It's just not worth it.

And eating something every 45 is kinda stupid, insted of that, having it so the hunger meter goes up slower would be better.
So you keep yourself full , and under that period of time you have a regain, cuz if you eat mana grapes, they give you 1%.
so you cannot look when you need to eat another grape untill you see that you do not regain anymore.

(PS. this is my sole complain on this server thus far, maybe a little hard to understand everything new with the custom client and crafting, but its still a fun server).
but it could easily be done more user friendly. such as not needing to put worms in a pot with water, and add wood on the side, but not any wood, specific wood for it and then clicking on your spoon on the pot and chosing what to cook.
Its just not a user friendly thing, specially as i have played on servers with amazing crafting systems that was not complicated at all and not on custom clients.

We will look into implementing new food recipes with creature products that will allow people to utilize cooking and campfire building more. Atm there aren't many recipes in the game because we added the system to see if it works, then made 1 update to add some recipes so people would have something to cook, but yeah cooking will be improved a ton, as will some other things that are only existent with their basics. (Smithing for example)

brightlogo.png

Welcome to the world of Necronia!
Whether you are hearing about it for the first time, or are a long-time fan, this thread is here to prepare you for the greatest OT adventure of your life.

hline.png

Select your language and start learning about Necronia:

(Swedish and Brazilian translations are coming soon.
)

hline.png

TL;DR version:
tldr.png

hline.png

The game is currently entering its open-beta testing stage.
Read more about what that means here.

Our website is currently under maintenance and many of its features might not be working properly.
The website will be fully operational on December 21st (when open-beta releases).

hline.png

As the article states, in the post below this one, you will find more screenshots and information.
See you all soon and we hope you have a wonderful time on Necronia!
What about spanish translation? :(

you guys are complaining about the dumbest things on earth to be honest. this is a RPG Server. Role Playing Game. Invest some time or get the fuck out if your not even willing to read through shit on your own

good job kristian. in love with it frrom minute 1.

you guys are complaining about the dumbest things on earth to be honest. this is a RPG Server. Role Playing Game. Invest some time or get the fuck out if your not even willing to read through shit on your own

It's a beta, critique from individuals is necessary.
i understand that the server will probably improve on alot of things but still keep its awesomeness.
But make things more balanced or well used. so things just won't be in there just to be there.
So players can utilize everything that is there for them :)

They are giving feedback which is good, but it may not have been written in the perfect way nor are my pieces.

Food maintenance is quite a task at the start yes. Rats and earthcrawlers luckily have particles that regen some of your health and mana when you kill them making food not needed for the first few levels (I haven't tried mage yet) and rats drop plenty of food. After rats it becomes harder yes and I mainly use potions then and just eat what I loot (wasn't till level 13 or 14 that I started buying food).

I have no experience with cooking since I only cooked when I had to do it for quests, but it seems pretty useless less. Glad to see that it will change, although it probably doesn't and should have high priority. Cooking will only add real value if it provides perks other than increased regeneration I think. Having something with for example 50 Vitoa A and B which beats every kind of food just equals 2 potions (especially since it replaces the food you would use otherwise), but is much harder to obtain.

Dumbest thing I've read since about 10 pages, good job. It's not about making a game HARD but challenging and rewarding, and RPG stands for role-playing game not a "Cooking Simulator", there shouldn't be only one way to play the game efficiently. If you prefer to spend a year cooking worms soup, go ahead, but it shouldn't be forced upon players.

Rats and earthcrawlers luckily have particles that regen some of your health and mana when you kill them making food not needed for the first few levels (I haven't tried mage yet) and rats drop plenty of food.
I've never looted regen particle from neither rat nor earthcrawler, the first time I've seen them was from Vermin.

@ topic:
About the regen system - I agree that food system feels like a chore. It's easy to talk about waiting 43 second before eating next piece of food and to do the math when you're posting on forums. But when you're actually a 20 lvl mage who's trying to kite 12 slimes (amount of summons is ridiculous, especially when they multiply while off screen and you just encounter a group of 2-3 mother slimes, each with 3 summons), or any other demanding enemy, and you have to focus on using your spells, positioning, healing, using potions if hp/mp gets dangerously low (which happens after about 2-3 direct hits with typical 20 lvl mage gear) it's not that easy to eat the food regularly, so you either use it randomly wasting money or forget about it totally and use only potions (even bigger waste of money, RIP profit).

I don't think RPG server requires systems to be over-complicated. I also don't think those systems should be removed. In my opinion they just need some balancing - maybe that's a thing that's most bothering at low levels at current version of Necronia? Maybe mana cost of some early available spells should be balanced? I've made a Berserker after playing as Necro and it's incomparably easier to upgrade my gear, face monsters or regen hp/mp with him. I can use my spells without having to worry about spending fortune on pots after the hunt. What I want to say is that saying that "It's a RPG server, if you don't like RPG server then leave our RPG server and f*** you" is the worst thing you guys can do and won't lead to anything good (especially after the release). If I wouldn't like this RPG server I wouldn't have made 2 characters and finished almost all Sattnyr quests on both, even though I could've left it after collecting just the 5 sapphires.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.