• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Germany] [Custom] Necronia ❂ Open-Beta Now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Server Port
Client Protocol
@vorless
It depends on what they think it proper for their level. Chakoya's are also for level 40-60 and the healing ones are simply a pain in the ass and require to be bursted down. Use all +skill boosts you have and then spamm offensive spells. They are probably more vocations that have a hard time killing them. Keep in mind that spearmen are not supposed to be on the very high end dps wise. Shadowstrikers, berserkers, marksmen, probably spellcasters and maybe 1-2 more vocations are supposed to outdamage them.
I also don't know what element you are using, but I didn't had any indication that they are weak to earth, they are immune to ice and didn't really tested fire, but they don't seem to be (very) weak to fire either.

A party horn shouldn't be able to kill you since you are a spearman and can kite them.

Hello, tried to change my voc (im marksman) and this npc is broken somehow..
23:03 SDC Scientist Peter: Sorry, you need to wait another 345496 seconds to do that. (4 days cooldown by default).

I actally stayed as marksman, so I cant change my voc?
You can only change to the same vocs as your base class, Im guesing you tried to change to something else, and for some reason that starts the 4day cooldown.

On 1.20 I'm really expecting a fix of twin toxicblade.
I fixed all weapons and that one should be fine now, but I just realized a big mistake I made. I registered it as a shadowstriker weapon while it's scripted as a wildheart weapon, it was meant to be for wildhearts.
(Maybe a hint was that there is no dagger weapon stronger than 26~ attack and this one has over 40?)

I fixed that now and should be implemented after restart.

No way... really? All the time waiting to leveling because i can't find the venomfang dagger to make the trinity, so now, is it not for Shadowstrikers? O man, that's very sad.

Last edited:
No way... really? All the time waiting to leveling because i can't find the venomfang dagger to make the trinity, so now, is it not for Shadowstrikers? O man, that's very sad.
I don't know how you expected a 42 attack damage melee weapon which is not a dagger, to be for shadowstrikers, but I'm to blame for making the configuration mistake.

I noticed that Groyrange Spidricts still drop Poisonfang Daggers instead of Venomfang Daggers so I changed that, the fix should be ingame either later tonight or after the next restart.

You cant play against strong monsters with that Cooldown of potions i had to wait 10 seconds for a health pot me and draky lucas were trying to kill plague he was low he started to run i used like idk how many pots and then i wanted to use hp pot i noticed the cd between that and it killed me just bs

I hope you remove this cd when u use pots its killing gameplay also healing cooldown is 3 seconds just crazy

I recommend really hardly xtremly u remove those bs cds and make it normal like it was 1 year ago lol healing 1.5 sec or 2 not 3 and pot like normal

You cant play against strong monsters with that Cooldown of potions i had to wait 10 seconds for a health pot me and draky lucas were trying to kill plague he was low he started to run i used like idk how many pots and then i wanted to use hp pot i noticed the cd between that and it killed me just bs

I hope you remove this cd when u use pots its killing gameplay also healing cooldown is 3 seconds just crazy

I recommend really hardly xtremly u remove those bs cds and make it normal like it was 1 year ago lol healing 1.5 sec or 2 not 3 and pot like normal
Such cooldowns were added to make the game harder and require more thought instead of mindlessly bashing on the hotkey. If you know such a cooldown exists why do you fight monsters that you can not take on?

So you want ppl to kill Rats untill lvl 100 cuz they cant take anything else on?

Soon There will be more ppl complaining About it when they notice it on the beta or official launch

Anyway from my side its no fun to kill always low Mobs cuz i cant go to stronger ones cuz of cooldowns of healing sadly that i had to notice it so Lately.

I hope the community will Figure out soon cuz for warriors Who should Tank its impossible for stronger Monsters and Theres no Saint online 24/7.

Its really cool Made game but this way it destroyed my gaming xperience. Also Party hunting in beta is rare aswell.

I hope cooldowns of pots spells healing get changed anytime.

The game is already Not easy you have to Put alot time into it to get a decent eq

Its Hard mostly Solo Play since Not enough online but i dont want to Count all Hard things now.

Well lets See what happen the next months :)

Leave the CD as it is for sure! 3sec is not that long, and i'm sure you can still hunt monsters that you are supposed to hunt for your lvl

So you want ppl to kill Rats untill lvl 100 cuz they cant take anything else on?

Soon There will be more ppl complaining About it when they notice it on the beta or official launch

Anyway from my side its no fun to kill always low Mobs cuz i cant go to stronger ones cuz of cooldowns of healing sadly that i had to notice it so Lately.

I hope the community will Figure out soon cuz for warriors Who should Tank its impossible for stronger Monsters and Theres no Saint online 24/7.

Its really cool Made game but this way it destroyed my gaming xperience. Also Party hunting in beta is rare aswell.

I hope cooldowns of pots spells healing get changed anytime.

The game is already Not easy you have to Put alot time into it to get a decent eq

Its Hard mostly Solo Play since Not enough online but i dont want to Count all Hard things now.

Well lets See what happen the next months :)

We'll see what happens indeed, but the potion cooldown has been here for months now and we asked about feedback on it, mostly what we got was a few people saying how the game feels more challenging now (not harder, challenging), and that is good because I'm trying to push Necronia into a direction that will require more skill and thought and not spamming like a madman and everything is k.
You'll notice that such mechanical changes have been happening over and over, and they'll keep happening because you're not playing Tibia here, you're not playing Orshabaal 9999x evo, you're playing Necronia, and the challenge that comes with it. And the potion cooldown is not 3 seconds. See here:

31 May 2015 (08:03)
* Using potions now puts "Potion Healing" on a specific cooldown and on a timer of 20 seconds.

While this timer lasts, every time you use a potion, the cooldown to use another one will increase.

1st use -> 1 sec. cooldown 'til next use.
2nd use -> 1 sec. cooldown 'til next use.
3rd use -> 2 sec. cooldown 'til next use.
4th use -> 2 sec. cooldown 'til next use.
5th use -> 3 sec. cooldown 'til next use.
6th use -> 4 sec. cooldown 'til next use.

Once 20 seconds have passed from your first potion use, your "Potion Hunger" will reset, and all cooldowns and timers will be set back to 0 until you use a potion again.

The reset is indicated by a small emoticon that appears above (only) your head.

So, we allow you to use 3 potions consecutively, then the more you use, the longer the cooldown gets, max. 4 seconds. I feel like it's possible to, by the time you use 3, or even 6 potions, realize how dangerous the situation is.

I tested the changes when they were implemented on my own chars, and people have been playing with these changes since may 2015, without almost a single complaint (there was 1 once and i told him the same thing).
Just adapt to the changes, it's not hard when you think about what you're doing.

I am very aware that the game is not yet finished and is due for a lot of changes to make it easier in some parts where it should be, but this is more like a core mechanic and I feel that it really pushes the players to be aware of their powers rather than make battles a exhausting spam-session where the winner is declared by the amount of potions he had in the backpack and no skill whatsoever. (This is why people say old Tibia was better than new tibia with hotkeys, because before, if you wanted to heal, you had to click the potion and drag the crosshair all the way over to the screen, click on yourself and hope someone didn't push you in that same moment otherwise you'd miss. Think about how long it takes to do that? When this entire aspect of the game was removed and you could just set a potion to a hotkey and spam it, battles in tibia became exactly what I said. Either one-shot the person or fight him until he has 0 potions left.)

why does my bitdefender delete your download file? [:
Because there's a malicious virus in there that was about to destroy your entire PC!
Just kidding, I have no idea. Which file exactly does it detect? Which file are you trying to download and have you tried the alternative download option? (rar~/~exe)

We'll see what happens indeed, but the potion cooldown has been here for months now and we asked about feedback on it, mostly what we got was a few people saying how the game feels more challenging now (not harder, challenging), and that is good because I'm trying to push Necronia into a direction that will require more skill and thought and not spamming like a madman and everything is k.
You'll notice that such mechanical changes have been happening over and over, and they'll keep happening because you're not playing Tibia here, you're not playing Orshabaal 9999x evo, you're playing Necronia, and the challenge that comes with it. And the potion cooldown is not 3 seconds. See here:

31 May 2015 (08:03)
* Using potions now puts "Potion Healing" on a specific cooldown and on a timer of 20 seconds.

While this timer lasts, every time you use a potion, the cooldown to use another one will increase.

1st use -> 1 sec. cooldown 'til next use.
2nd use -> 1 sec. cooldown 'til next use.
3rd use -> 2 sec. cooldown 'til next use.
4th use -> 2 sec. cooldown 'til next use.
5th use -> 3 sec. cooldown 'til next use.
6th use -> 4 sec. cooldown 'til next use.

Once 20 seconds have passed from your first potion use, your "Potion Hunger" will reset, and all cooldowns and timers will be set back to 0 until you use a potion again.

The reset is indicated by a small emoticon that appears above (only) your head.

So, we allow you to use 3 potions consecutively, then the more you use, the longer the cooldown gets, max. 4 seconds. I feel like it's possible to, by the time you use 3, or even 6 potions, realize how dangerous the situation is.

I tested the changes when they were implemented on my own chars, and people have been playing with these changes since may 2015, without almost a single complaint (there was 1 once and i told him the same thing).
Just adapt to the changes, it's not hard when you think about what you're doing.

I am very aware that the game is not yet finished and is due for a lot of changes to make it easier in some parts where it should be, but this is more like a core mechanic and I feel that it really pushes the players to be aware of their powers rather than make battles a exhausting spam-session where the winner is declared by the amount of potions he had in the backpack and no skill whatsoever. (This is why people say old Tibia was better than new tibia with hotkeys, because before, if you wanted to heal, you had to click the potion and drag the crosshair all the way over to the screen, click on yourself and hope someone didn't push you in that same moment otherwise you'd miss. Think about how long it takes to do that? When this entire aspect of the game was removed and you could just set a potion to a hotkey and spam it, battles in tibia became exactly what I said. Either one-shot the person or fight him until he has 0 potions left.)

Because there's a malicious virus in there that was about to destroy your entire PC!
Just kidding, I have no idea. Which file exactly does it detect? Which file are you trying to download and have you tried the alternative download option? (rar~/~exe)

I agree with that really but its impossible to Tank stronger mobs also another thing thats really killing is venom IT kill instantly its alot more "logical" cuz u like logic so much :D when IT get procd that IT ticks down like 25% each second so u have atleast a Chance of surviving

I agree with that really but its impossible to Tank stronger mobs also another thing thats really killing is venom IT kill instantly its alot more "logical" cuz u like logic so much :D when IT get procd that IT ticks down like 25% each second so u have atleast a Chance of surviving

No, in fact, all of these systems were designed with counters in mind.

How to counter the potion cooldown?
Use potions at a right time and rationally instead of spamming. Use highly concentrated VitoaA foods to boost that HP regen. If a defender, use Shell and your barrier to the max. of its potential.

Need more HP while your potion is cooling down? (Which is no longer than 1-1-2-2-3-4 seconds)
Here's a crazy idea, that's why healers exist (Saints). They don't exist in the game right now, i'd say partly due to still needing some improvement (not in the healing department though), but mostly due to nobody wanting to be a support and everyone going for damage and then wondering how their party can not succeed. If there was a Saint healing the tanker, he'd be able to chip in and restore his HP mid-potion-cooldown, boost his regeneration, provide a shield, and most importantly, even resurrect the tanker in case he dies. You can also get First Aid Kits from people if someone wants to sell them, which act as a very good healing source, but they are not too easily obtainable to be fair.

If a monster is still wrecking you completely after all of this, you simply can't handle that monster then, it's nothing unnatural. Try something else until you get strong enough.

And venom is an interesting mechanic because it lets you know "ok, if someone's bursts this, you're losing ### HP".
It's up to you to decide how to deal with this, there are several options:
Burst your venom intentionally when it's at a low amount (by letting some weaker venom bursting monster attack you, i.e. swampqueen snake).
Just grab anti-venom potions, plain and simple.
Use anti-venom equipment like the Venomdrop Necklace.

I really should not be explaining and spoonfeeding solutions to every problem you face in the game, think about this on your own, but I'm pointing out that whenever I'm designing some mechanic, I make sure that it has a sense of balance especially in terms of abilities and counters to those abilities.

@Destruckto
Tips for blocking monsters:
  • There are more stances than just full offensive. Shields instead of a two hander makes a huge difference as well in case you were using a two hander.
  • One can kite a monster to avoid damage. You played with a second person. With proper body blocking by the one not under attack the Plaguesmith wouldn't even have been able to do a single hit. I don't know if they change target though.
  • You can use potions on others (don't know if that effects the cooldown as well).
  • Saints as Shiva mentioned, but a real tank vocation such as defender does wonders as well.
  • I don't know your level, but Draky Lucas is only level 44. When you check the wiki you see that Plaguesmiths gives 3k exp, which is between a Lunar Elf and a Nightmare Treeling, both of them should kill you. With my level 86 spearman I really like to keep my distance from these 3 monsters. Back when I was still a hunter, around level 75, I had to make sure that all my traps were off cooldown before kiting the Plaguesmith. Would be weird if a much lower level designed for high dps and thus weak defense (assuming you are a berserker) can faceblock them.
    For an other comparison: there are only 7-8 non-boss monsters in game now that yield more experience than a Plaguesmith and 120+ that yield less experience. With other words you were trying to fight one of the top 5% monsters at a low level. If it was possible I should be able to run into a Toxic Dragon spawn and block 2-3 at the same time, but luckily I cannot since that would take all the challenge and joy away.

Here's a crazy idea, that's why healers exist (Saints). They don't exist in the game right now, i'd say partly due to still needing some improvement (not in the healing department though), but mostly due to nobody wanting to be a support and everyone going for damage and then wondering how their party can not succeed. If there was a Saint healing the tanker, he'd be able to chip in and restore his HP mid-potion-cooldown, boost his regeneration, provide a shield, and most importantly, even resurrect the tanker in case he dies. You can also get First Aid Kits from people if someone wants to sell them, which act as a very good healing source, but they are not too easily obtainable to be fair.

Let me give my opinion about this.
I've played every class atm except melees and I can consider myself a support-like guy.
I was going to play Saint two years ago when I firsly met Necronia but those are the reasons I didn't and still won't:

They help FUCKING LOT in party, with the right items, you can even heal more than one person at the same time, while still healing you and using even another heal spell for target heal. ALL OF THIS IN ONLY ONE TIME. This is definitely OP. I fucking like it. But guess what? They do nothing besides it on a party.
They got no CC at all, nor disables, nor silences (as far as I know, I'm not specialized on Saints).
They got nothing besides heal and some shields to help a party in a teamhunt.
They leech XP, since they can't do damage and the heal isn't really necessary EVERY time. While a spellcaster casts 3 dmg spells, a Saint will use one heal spell only.

Now, when Blizzard gave his feedback, he really tried to throw on you a class that was supposed to heal, support and deal damage at the same time.
Saint shouldn't do it. Saint should be useful and not a leech. You should make it something must-need or a class that, even though heals aren't a priority on the hunt, it should be a class that will always give bonuses for the party, not penalties.
What I'm saying is, saint need damage? Sure. It's weird being a class that hits 60 while a spellcaster at your level can combo 900~1k easily.
I would say that, if Saint deals 25% of Spellcaster's, but still give properly bonuses for a party, it's more than enough for the class.

Want a tip for a change?
Give it experience buffs on a party.
A spell that makes the whole party receive more xp. A spell that if you last hit the monster with it, you get a higher chance to loot its items.
Useful spells. Something the others classes don't have, besides damage, damage and damage.
True supportive spells, not only heals and shields.
Regards, Yuno.

Let me give my opinion about this.
I've played every class atm except melees and I can consider myself a support-like guy.
I was going to play Saint two years ago when I firsly met Necronia but those are the reasons I didn't and still won't:

They help FUCKING LOT in party, with the right items, you can even heal more than one person at the same time, while still healing you and using even another heal spell for target heal. ALL OF THIS IN ONLY ONE TIME. This is definitely OP. I fucking like it. But guess what? They do nothing besides it on a party.
They got no CC at all, nor disables, nor silences (as far as I know, I'm not specialized on Saints).
They got nothing besides heal and some shields to help a party in a teamhunt.
They leech XP, since they can't do damage and the heal isn't really necessary EVERY time. While a spellcaster casts 3 dmg spells, a Saint will use one heal spell only.

Now, when Blizzard gave his feedback, he really tried to throw on you a class that was supposed to heal, support and deal damage at the same time.
Saint shouldn't do it. Saint should be useful and not a leech. You should make it something must-need or a class that, even though heals aren't a priority on the hunt, it should be a class that will always give bonuses for the party, not penalties.
What I'm saying is, saint need damage? Sure. It's weird being a class that hits 60 while a spellcaster at your level can combo 900~1k easily.
I would say that, if Saint deals 25% of Spellcaster's, but still give properly bonuses for a party, it's more than enough for the class.

Want a tip for a change?
Give it experience buffs on a party.
A spell that makes the whole party receive more xp. A spell that if you last hit the monster with it, you get a higher chance to loot its items.
Useful spells. Something the others classes don't have, besides damage, damage and damage.
True supportive spells, not only heals and shields.
Regards, Yuno.

And then you have Necromancers dealing 60% dmg of spellcaster without bringing extras except some body blocking by summons :(

Looking forward to the planned necromancer changes :)

Last edited:
Sadly I'm getting some weird problems with running client.
When I try run game it load.
When i choose character game stop responding.
On opengl / directx.
I didnt have this issue before.

Any ideas ?
Or my laptop is simply rubbish
Lenovo g580 2,20 ghz 8 gm ram with ssd.

Sadly I'm getting some weird problems with running client.
When I try run game it load.
When i choose character game stop responding.
On opengl / directx.
I didnt have this issue before.

Any ideas ?
Or my laptop is simply rubbish
Lenovo g580 2,20 ghz 8 gm ram with ssd.

Which graphic card ? how much 2.20 x2 x4 ?

I know that it can lagg but u should be able to start it with wood pcs also

I think its more a software problem not hardware

Update direct x9 and visual cc

Update graphic driver and Display driver if available Redownload client maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.