• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Germany] [Custom] Necronia ❂ Open-Beta Now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Server Port
Client Protocol
Sadly I'm getting some weird problems with running client.
When I try run game it load.
When i choose character game stop responding.
On opengl / directx.
I didnt have this issue before.

Any ideas ?
Or my laptop is simply rubbish
Lenovo g580 2,20 ghz 8 gm ram with ssd.

Go to C:/Users/<youruser>/Necronia and delete the config.otml file then try to run the game.

So I am getting booted off the client non stop. Any idea why? Looks like everyone else was as well.

@Shadowsong hey something is going on with the server.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yaaa maintenance and then back in temple. =)

It seems like we are kicked but the characters are still online when it happens because it's possible to die a while after being disconnected.

Last edited by a moderator:
so, when can we expect the new client?
Sometime this week.

About the kicks:

It seems like the problem we told Contabo (our host provider) to investigate has not yet been solved by them. We collected some data about it and sent a new ticket. Waiting for a reponse.

About plaguesmith:
I agree they're like endgame monsters, but we could kill 2 toxic dragons at the same time without too many problems, but the plaguesmith is impossible now. They're with overpower healing, they heal 100-150 every 2 seconds, they run with red hp (that is over than 600 because my combo is over than it in plaguesmiths and they didn't die, in other monsters I combo like 900). If you follow him to kill, you die due to lured monsters, and is like impossible to trap the first one because he comes from North and there is a diagonal that he doesn't enter. You really need a team with - 2 dps, 1 tank and 1 saint to kill a monster just for 3k exp? Lol, so kill blood orchipedes, easier to kill and the same experience.

And about shadowstriker, they should be the best dps damage but they're sux at the moment. They only hit harder with stars (and it's not too easy to get them in a big quantity to hunt). If you use daggers, you have only fast attack and critical hits, but critical of random damage 0-100 is 0-200, still low for level 75... Shiva said the best dagger has only 26 atk, my warrior in bawfuria have a better sword with 30 atk (dropped from wormother + craft). Me as spellcaster level 45 combo 800-1k dmg, and on website library the spellcaster is 4 stars offense, shadowstriker is 5 stars offense and still less offensive than spellcaster, even in higher level. They only hit 500+ if use the rare stars.

If you want our feedback, here it is.

Last edited:
My friend
@drakylucas

1.Regarding Plaguesmits Your team doing it wrong.
I did hunt them solo on berserker at 65 lvl.
Simply stun him before deep red hp come up.
2.You think its ok that 45 spellcaster deal combo 800-1k dmg ?
Your spells seems to be overpowered or bugged and this should be reported.
@Shadowsong
Calling You Shiva regarding spellcaster damage.

To bring this thread back to live.
Check this old ss. :)
2543fde966.jpg
c411ab4c87.jpg

Last edited:
About plaguesmith:
I agree they're like endgame monsters, but we could kill 2 toxic dragons at the same time without too many problems, but the plaguesmith is impossible now. They're with overpower healing, they heal 100-150 every 2 seconds, they run with red hp (that is over than 600 because my combo is over than it in plaguesmiths and they didn't die, in other monsters I combo like 900). If you follow him to kill, you die due to lured monsters, and is like impossible to trap the first one because he comes from North and there is a diagonal that he doesn't enter. You really need a team with - 2 dps, 1 tank and 1 saint to kill a monster just for 3k exp? Lol, so kill blood orchipedes, easier to kill and the same experience.

And about shadowstriker, they should be the best dps damage but they're sux at the moment. They only hit harder with stars (and it's not too easy to get them in a big quantity to hunt). If you use daggers, you have only fast attack and critical hits, but critical of random damage 0-100 is 0-200, still low for level 75... Shiva said the best dagger has only 26 atk, my warrior in bawfuria have a better sword with 30 atk (dropped from wormother + craft). Me as spellcaster level 45 combo 800-1k dmg, and on website library the spellcaster is 4 stars offense, shadowstriker is 5 stars offense and still less offensive than spellcaster, even in higher level. They only hit 500+ if use the rare stars.

If you want our feedback, here it is.
Toxic dragons have horrible dps and their only threat is a semi rare spell and you got very lucky they didn't used it. I died as a level 85 spearman with health relics by a single Toxic dragon since that spell did 1.2k+ damage. On the forum I also suggested increasing the dps of Toxic Dragons.

You should report that square. If it's the one I think it is the fix failed. You can also stay north of the plaguesmith so he won't run north. The 2 dps, 1 tank and 1 saint is not needed. I killed one with my hunter around level 75 and I know people did it around level 50 with a berserker or defender + 1 other vocation.
I know too little about shadowstrikers to give my opinion about them, but the throwing weapons can be obtained easily. During a short Toxic Dragon hunt me and Bubben dropped a few hundred stars, but left almost all of them at the ground. As a shadowstriker you can make it known that you buy certain throwing weapons and then they suddenly have value so they will be looted. That allows you to run around with 40+ and 50+ attack throwing weapons. They may have a price, but so do ammunition and potions and some throwing weapons have breakchances and thus last longer. It's also possible that the spells of shadowstrikers deal more damage and/or have lower cooldown than those of melee vocations and therefore their auto attack damage could be lower.

Attack speed also shouldn't be taken lightly.
A dagger with for example 26 attack and 1 attack speed has 26 attack per second. A sword with 30 attack and 1.4 attack speed has 21.4 attack per second. Beside that your skills goes up faster, if it has a passive (especially when it's a %hp damage passive) that should be taken into account as well and procs faster. Artifacts are also way better on daggers than on other weapons. 0.1 AS on a 1 AS weapon is a 10% improvement, but only 7% improvement on a 1.4 attack speed weapon. Same goes for +damage on a low attack weapon versus a high attack weapon.

@Muss I combo 800~1k but all my set is for fire-damage (my helmet give me +15 damage, my armor +24% damage and my spellbook +8 damage), without itens I combo less than 500. And, for 1 single combo, I spent like 300 mana (2 potions every combo if I don't want to wait my mana after kill monster) and need wait ~5+ seconds for do the same attack again.

I use: flam, flammus, xorum frigo and psychock at the same time (in this sequence, but quickly on hotkey)

@Nuxohiz But here we are talking about a sword obtainable in bawfuria versus the best dagger.
Did u see a dragonslayer sword before? I don't know how many attack it have (the server is down at the moment, and my sword is on Venoma depot), but I guess it's like 44 attack and give 60% more damage on dragons. (it's for level 70+ swordsman, but the point is shadowstriker level 75 still sux)

doing the same maths:
dagger: 26 atk/s
dragonslayer sword: 44 atk/1.4s = 31,42 atk/s + 60% on dragons.

with 3 greater artifacts of fury:
dagger: 26 atk/o.6sec = 43,33 atk/s
sword: 44 atk/0,905s = 48,61 atk/s +60% on dragons = 77,77 atk/s in dragons.}

EDIT: I was wrong, the sword has 45 atk.

14:16 You see a dragon slayer (Atk:45, Def:29, AS: 1.4s).
It can only be wielded properly by swordsmans of level 70 or higher.
It weighs 82.00 oz.
This ominous blade dates back to the times when dragons ruled the world and there was no one to stop them. Until this blade was forged!
[Dragonflesh Carving]: The ancient runes carved on the blade wake the thirst for dragonblood in this blade in their vicinity. Deals 60 percent more damage to dragons.

Last edited:
but still, how do you count 60% extra dmg into atks/s those 2 are completely different things :p

nvm already got it , was reading it wrong

but still, how do you count 60% extra dmg into atks/s those 2 are completely different things :p
even without the extra damage, a four star offensive still better than five star offensive.
and it's not too diferent to compare

the Tibia formula for weapon damage is:
(2 * (attackValue * (attackSkill + 5.8) / 25 + (level - 1) / 10.)) / attackFactor)
(even if necronia doesn't use the same formula, is the same idea)
so, if I'm level 75, with 70 sword-skill and full atk (attackFactor 1) with sword (without any artifacts - atk 32,14/s)
(2 * (32.14 * (70 + 5.8) / 25 + (75 -1)/10)) = 209.7
with 60% extras for dragon - 335.5

now, if I'm level 75 with 70 chaos-skill and full atk, with the 26 atk/s dagger:
(2 * (26 * (70 + 5.8) / 25 + (75 -1)/10)) = 172.5

@Muss I combo 800~1k but all my set is for fire-damage (my helmet give me +15 damage, my armor +24% damage and my spellbook +8 damage), without itens I combo less than 500. And, for 1 single combo, I spent like 300 mana (2 potions every combo if I don't want to wait my mana after kill monster) and need wait ~5+ seconds for do the same attack again.

I use: flam, flammus, xorum frigo and psychock at the same time (in this sequence, but quickly on hotkey)

@Nuxohiz But here we are talking about a sword obtainable in bawfuria versus the best dagger.
Did u see a dragonslayer sword before? I don't know how many attack it have (the server is down at the moment, and my sword is on Venoma depot), but I guess it's like 44 attack and give 60% more damage on dragons. (it's for level 70+ swordsman, but the point is shadowstriker level 75 still sux)

doing the same maths:
dagger: 26 atk/s
dragonslayer sword: 44 atk/1.4s = 31,42 atk/s + 60% on dragons.

with 3 greater artifacts of fury:
dagger: 26 atk/o.6sec = 43,33 atk/s
sword: 44 atk/0,905s = 48,61 atk/s +60% on dragons = 77,77 atk/s in dragons.}

EDIT: I was wrong, the sword has 45 atk.

14:16 You see a dragon slayer (Atk:45, Def:29, AS: 1.4s).
It can only be wielded properly by swordsmans of level 70 or higher.
It weighs 82.00 oz.
This ominous blade dates back to the times when dragons ruled the world and there was no one to stop them. Until this blade was forged!
[Dragonflesh Carving]: The ancient runes carved on the blade wake the thirst for dragonblood in this blade in their vicinity. Deals 60 percent more damage to dragons.

Have you ever considered the fact that the content that is supposed to drop higher level shadowstriker items is not implemented yet? Same goes for a lot of other eq.

Also, how is Dragon Slayer obtainable on Bawfuria? Is there a bug I'm not aware of?

Also you may be forgetting this:
[Vampiric Flay]: Every 7th attack with this dagger deals 3 percent of your enemy's max. HP in damage (capped at 400), and heals you for 18-29.

Also you cant take into account a 60% more to dragon damage. While it is totally better then dagger it is only good vs that specific creature. So that class and that specific weapon makes them a bit better for a while,but thats about it. Its not like the 60% dmg applies endlessly.

I just want to let everyone know that I will be a bit absent during the next 2 days because I have to finish some work on my other projects, but!
Here are some exciting news of the stuff that's coming and a list of changes you can expect to start seeing after those 2 days onwards.

First of all, it is no secret that we're on the brink of releasing the next client version. So far, we have confirmed and finished a bunch of useful features that will be pushed out in that client update, ranging from updates to the client itself to various bugfixes. The changelog for 1.20 so far is as follows:

* The interface for reporting players (Ctrl+Y) has been changed and fixed to properly display as well as report errors to the system, giving a correct broadcast to the server in return.
* More outfits are now compatible with the "mounting" system.
* The minimap can now be viewed in full screen.
(The interface is a bit rough with this patch, but at least the feature will be there. In the following updates, we'll change the interface to have some nice background and generally to look nicer and more complete)

2I9LKUJ.png

* Fixed a saving issue with hotkeys.
* Alphanumeric hotkeys are now ignored if you are typing in chat. (For WASD users)
* Data from the Skills & Stats window is now cached.
* You can now assign hotkeys for spells using the spellbook and a new button that was added to it.

spell-select-hotkey.gif

* You can now press a new button next to a hotkey (in the ctrl+K window) in order to go to the spellbook and select a spell to be assigned to that hotkey.
* You can now interact with NPCs by right-clicking them.
* Added support for creature hovering, more expansions for this system will come later.
* Fixed a bug where auto-chase override didn't work.
* Small Skinpeeler is no longer stackable.
* Parcel is now treated as a container properly.
Some more changes you can definitely expect for the client (not 1.20, but perhaps 1.21 or 1.22) are these:

Learning Center
So, what is the learning center? It is something like the Library on our website, a module that will be accessible through the client, and in a menu similar to the Quest Log, will allow you to access small tutorials, images, or details and explanations about various game systems. We will also have NPCs pop this window up for you, and notifications that let you know when you've unlocked new knowledge in the Learning Center.

The implementation of such a module will also mean a reconstruction of Bawfuria. We won't necessarily remove things, just change them up to account for the fact that the players can now learn through the learning center.
The learning center can and probably will, contain youtube buttons that will link to video tutorials of various ingame activities as well, giving a complete textual, visual and audio explanation for the things in the game.

I believe this will help new players and non-English speakers a lot, and clarify & iron out some questions that are constantly brought up by beginners.

Promotion Module

We have had a few fun years with the Isle of Judgement, but I have concluded that many people have mixed or negative feelings towards it, and not just that, but that it could be executed a bit better, however, that would require even more effort than what we are about to present and implement with the promotion module. By paying the price of chipping at the RPG aspect of the game, I believe we will get a result that is more satisfying as an user experience, and quite frankly, more easier to understand.

This should remove a lot of doubts for those who are having a dilemma on which class to play, and also offer a broad scope of information at the click of your mouse (instead of having to walk all the way around IoJ, ask NPCs, etc.)

Basically, once you leave Bawfuria with Capt. Sharkslasher, you will arrive at Isle of Judgement / Some other place, but without all the work-arounds to get you promoted. You will simply be prompted to read and make a choice about
your promotion with a window like this:

CO08DEF.png

And press the 'Promote' button.
As you can see, only 1 outfit is offered with the promotion instead of the 2 (as it is right now). That's because from now on, you will actually gain only one outfit, so we can have more alternative outfits to provide you through quests, ingame achievements and the Necronia Point shop.

And now, let's talk about what will change regarding the vocations/classes.​

Before I go into it, I just want to announce that [A Dawn Of Joy] will be active until February 1st, and the final event boss with spawn somewhere between 30th January - 1st February.

Status
Not open for further replies.