• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Gesior AAC] Quest page, no sql query!

But he will, so what's the point of making easy script even easier but harder to manipulate.

But, for me both are easy to do. But it's better without SQL, why using SQL when it's not needed. As Chojrak said, you can add array to the main array, easy, would be the same with admin panel for this.

I dont care about how hard it is, I'm talking about the result when everything is done, which will be faster. :)

Do you know that you are talking about miliseconds? Not even.

That's the problem, in OT community someone just wrote that SQL is bad and slow everyone believed it and everyone thinks few SQL queries will slow down the server that's not true. SQL Server can handle tens or even hundreds of queries at the same time still keeping the high speed.

Btw. heard about query caching? :] In this case it isn't dynamic so it's good idea to use it.

That's the problem, in OT community someone just wrote that SQL is bad and slow everyone believed it and everyone thinks few SQL queries will slow down the server that's not true. SQL Server can handle tens or even hundreds of queries at the same time still keeping the high speed.

Btw. heard about query caching? :] In this case it isn't dynamic so it's good idea to use it.
okay ;) I'm still new to PHP :D

I have 1 suggestion.
Put it in the config, the standard quest array can be extended with these new things.
And its easier if we can keep 1 place to config all instead of several places...

Waste of CPU cycles-- In this world you can't accept a "It's ok, not the best but it's ok", you have to get the MAX from everything, this way everything will run smoother.... Why a TABLE for such a SMALL THING is simply mindless....
In this case dear PAXTON you are telling us that TFS developers should delete config.lua and every external extension/config file (Like actions.xml, movements.xml, items.xml, creatureevents.xml), and store EVERYTHING inside the DB.... Thats just mindless, what about those people which don't have those eye-candy programs (Like phpmyadmin) to manage the DB (Like me), that would be a PAIN...

Btw. have you ever heard about PHP CACHE? :] In this case the script would run even MORE SMOOTH using LESS RAM and LESS CPU CYCLES. --KTHXFORINFO

briefly, envy is bad, why? because one gets an idea and others and starts out to touch what does not sound or not? because otherwise you would not have opened this thread.
you are free to do whatever you want, but there you put (Idea KARGEN) oh and you thought you long ago?
Then sir, You are telling US that you and almost everybody here envy gesior? Just because they release modified and better made stuff that gesior made already for his own CMS?.... Srsly stop flaming and fighting for stupid things.....

Last edited:
Waste of CPU cycles-- In this world you can't accept a "It's ok, not the best but it's ok", you have to get the MAX from everything, this way everything will run smoother.... Why a TABLE for such a SMALL THING is simply mindless....
In this case dear PAXTON you are telling us that TFS developers should delete config.lua and every external extension/config file (Like actions.xml, movements.xml, items.xml, creatureevents.xml), and store EVERYTHING inside the DB.... Thats just mindless, what about those people which don't have those eye-candy programs (Like phpmyadmin) to manage the DB (Like me), that would be a PAIN...

Btw. have you ever heard about PHP CACHE? :] In this case the script would run even MORE SMOOTH using LESS RAM and LESS CPU CYCLES. --KTHXFORINFO

Then sir, You are telling US that you and almost everybody here envy gesior? Just because they release modified and better made stuff that gesior made already for his own CMS?.... Srsly stop flaming and fighting for stupid things.....

Using PHPMyAdmin? For what? Script should include an admin panel, if not then heard about scaffolding?

Have I heard about PHP Cache? (http://otland.net/f124/modern-aac-74524/) | SQL Cache and PHP Cache? What will be the difference please state.

And don't talk about performance when we talk about one query.

Getting max out of everything, then there is no point of writing this script for Gesior AAC as nothing there follows this rule <_<.

And changing config.lua to database? So what, these information's are taken only once when engine is starting up so it wouldn't do no shit to performance but actions scripts sometimes use config.lua so there is no really point of that.

kkthxbb <_<

Using PHPMyAdmin? For what? Script should include an admin panel, if not then heard about scaffolding?
Exactly! Zonet is releasing one script without those noob-features because there is really no need for that and thats his opinion, And i am just stating FACTS about what you said....

In my eyes people that need an admin-panel for SUCH a STUPID thing doesn't deserve to be hosting an OT and gaining lot of money just for downloading->executing a server...Ok and now you are going to talk about user-friendly and the fast editing about those things, And only thing i can say about this is: More fast is to edit 1 file which contains arrays/config etc than open your web browser, login into your admin account go to the admin panel and then do what ever you was going to do.

Have I heard about PHP Cache? (http://otland.net/f124/modern-aac-74524/) | SQL Cache and PHP Cache? What will be the difference please state.
SQL Cache Is individual to the PHP cache, For MySql Cache you will still need to execute the query and if the query was executed previewsly AND the table wasn't edited the MySql will return the cached data then you still need to parse the returned data and loop thru the returned data in order to show the quests, on the other hand, we can just write down an array which is going to be then cached by the PHP Cache and the only thing we need is to loop into the cached array and thats all! SIMPLE.

And don't talk about performance when we talk about one query.
See what i wrote /\

Getting max out of everything, then there is no point of writing this script for Gesior AAC as nothing there follows this rule <_<.
I'm just stating facts just as you did with Gesior-AAC AKA CrappyCMS. --Btw I'm not using Gesior

And changing config.lua to database? So what, these information's are taken only once when engine is starting up so it wouldn't do no shit to performance but actions scripts sometimes use config.lua so there is no really point of that.

kkthxbb <_<
I'm talking about user-friendly and performance at the same time.

Last edited:
Exactly! Zonet is releasing one script without those noob-features because there is really no need for that and thats his opinion, And i am just stating FACTS about what you said....

In my eyes people that need an admin-panel for SUCH a STUPID thing doesn't deserve to be hosting an OT and gaining lot of money just for downloading->executing a server...Ok and now you are going to talk about user-friendly and the fast editing about those things, And only thing i can say about this is: More fast is to edit 1 file which contains arrays/config etc than open your web browser, login into your admin account go to the admin panel and then do what ever you was going to do.

SQL Cache Is individual to the PHP cache, you will still need to execute the query and if the query was executed previewsly and the table wasn't edited the MySql will return the cached data then you still need to parse the returned data and loop thru the values in order to show the quests, on the other hand, we can just write down an array which is going to be then cached by the PHP Cache and the only thing we need is to loop into the cached array and thats all! SIMPLE.

See what i wrote /\

I'm just stating facts just as you did with Gesior-AAC AKA CrappyCMS. --Btw I'm not using Gesior

I'm talking about user-friendly and performance at the same time.

How can you talk about user-firndly when you make the user hard-code files? And don't make big deal out of loggin into admin panel as there might be different things as well, if you would have to edit file everytime you wish to change something there is no point of doing that, and if I would have to choose between these two scripts I would still choose the one with SQL query, why? Because as he said it will be updated and when it is then why whould I have simple script.

By the way, there is like 5 scripts already in website application that works exactly the same.

Array and foreach :huh: you can just edit the data and that's it, you will have whatever you want.

How can you talk about user-firndly when you make the user hard-code files? And don't make big deal out of loggin into admin panel as there might be different things as well, if you would have to edit file everytime you wish to change something there is no point of doing that, and if I would have to choose between these two scripts I would still choose the one with SQL query, why? Because as he said it will be updated and when it is then why whould I have simple script.
Thats your opinion and i respect it.... But it has been proven that the normal OT user prefer plain files instead of complicated stuff *Without any REAL reason just because of tastes* --Example the change from XML to SQL servers back on those days.

Array and foreach :huh: you can just edit the data and that's it, you will have whatever you want.
eh? lol i know i was just explaining the difference between the PHP cache and MySql Cache and how they work.

Anyway, I'm out of here.... Enough posts for a day lols.

Last edited:
Well, I don't think admin panel's are complicated, and I hope this change since I relase AAC.

Back