• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Gesior] How to put Towns to Select.

Tovar

Brak V
Reaction score
Well i made this thread because i was trying to add Towns when u will create a character, but it don't appear, i search on the forum and nothing... I know where i need change this but nothing happened if i change... there is my changes... can u bring me a little help with this please? ^_^

Original is:

PHP:
// sample, if rook only:             $config['site']['newchar_vocations'][0] = array(0 => 'Rook Sample');
$config['site']['newchar_towns'][0] = array(5);
$config['site']['newchar_towns'][1] = array(5);
// sample, if all players should spawn in one city (city with ID 4):          
$config['site']['newchar_towns'] = array(4);

my attempts:

PHP:
// sample, if rook only:             $config['site']['newchar_vocations'][0] = array(0 => 'Rook Sample');
$config['site']['newchar_towns'][0] = array(5 => 'Thais', 2 => 'Carlin', 3 => "Ab'dendriel", 6 => 'Venore', 4 => 'Kazordoon');
$config['site']['newchar_towns'][1] = array(5 => 'Thais', 2 => 'Carlin', 3 => "Ab'dendriel", 6 => 'Venore', 4 => 'Kazordoon');
// sample, if all players should spawn in one city (city with ID 4):          
$config['site']['newchar_towns'] = array(5 => 'Thais', 2 => 'Carlin', 3 => "Ab'dendriel", 6 => 'Venore', 4 => 'Kazordoon');

PHP:
$config['site']['newchar_towns'][0] = array(5, 2, 3, 6, 4);

nothing happen when i try to make a character, the thing "SELECT YOUR CITY DONT APPEAR" :X

i think fail haha, look i dont know if u understand me or not, I want when the people will make a characters they choose his own city, but when i try to make a character in venore carlin ab' or another city they always appear on THAIS. thats my problem =/..

now my question is why "town_id "3"?
and why in the config say it

"""""""""// sample, if all players should spawn in one city (city with ID 4): """"""""""
$config['site']['newchar_towns'] = array(3);

well well first you must ensure that the city IDs are the same as your map's town ids
second, that depends if you are not using acc manager, I suggest you to disable it in case of you havent disabled it yet
third, the problem is related between town ids, the php script and the map's town ids

well in my last post in this thread u can see how i have configurated it on gesior's account, im sure that the towns id are good. The problem is that they always appear on thais -.- ...

and..

Code:
accountManager = "no"

hani e fjortis

Ok, I'll look into the problem now.

Found it already.

accountmanagement.php, Line 772
Code:
				    $player->setTownId([B][COLOR="Red"]5[/COLOR][/B]);

???
Code:
				    $player->setTownId($char_to_copy->getTownId());
It should copy sample characters' townid if you change to that.

Im thinking that nobody understand me... =/, I CANNOT PUT A TOWN ID EXACTLY TO EACH SAMPLE CHARACTER, THEY NEED TO BE SOMETHING LIKE "DONT HAVE TOWN_ID" to people choose his own town when they make a character...

Understand Cyko =X ?

why not? I saw a otserv that have this option, the people choose his own city and they appear in it. why i can't O.O

Hi,
im using valhalla layout, tfs 0.3.5 and latest gesior version.

this is my create character interface:

how can i add that player can select home town ??
pls pm

Back