• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestion Get rid of fake users

EliteOTs

Banned User
Reaction score
I'm getting tired of this fake-user rages all over the forum.

People create a fake user, to back himself up. or to make someone look bad by spamming with several users make it look like the flamed guy really is a bad guy.
Or just having loads of fake users to have it easier to scam without getting caught.

My suggestion is to limit the users, There may only be 1 user per IP address.
Or.. if several users are constantly using same ip and login/out after each other, All users except the top poster, will be removed and the top-poster will take over the posts of all the fake users.

Say for example, Haroo logins and check his pm, and logouts, 2 seconds after he logsout, Majite logins with same ip, flaming in a thread and logout again, and then 2 seconds later Haroo log back in.
If this would be repeated 4(?) times, Majite would be perma banished, and the flaming post he did, will be set like it was made by Haroo.
The example above is LAN-friendly, because that the users must login/out at X time-point, to be detected. on a LAN everyone is most likely online at same time, or login with such a time delay it's not detecting them.

I know 7-8 people now in OTland that se fake users, very easy to lookup actually.
And of my experience the way I detect them, are possible even with a simple PHP script.

Speak your mind AS FAR IT'S RELATED TO THE TOPIC(thought I need to say that to the trolls).

Without doubt I have seen this before but I don't think you can really "prevent or stop" this from happening.

Just use the report function, explain your situation thoroughly. All moderator's can see IP's, this can be handled that way.

Well yeah, but they should make it against the rules.
And if someone breaks it it's an Ip-Ban for X-time.

what if i got a brother? should we are account?

Like I said, login and out very close too often.
It's very easy to detect fake users. without mistaking for another person on same computer.

Like King Danny & Realsoft?
They both use them, they should be banned.
But I agree, something should be done.

What a fair and balanced poll. Just because I think that this is a terrible idea doesn't mean that I think that "fake accounts" are acceptable.

Report them. In case of such action as you described we will punish all acounts appropriately.

Btw, who trusts people with 1-2 posts who joined Aug 2011 ?

No, as soon as he breaks another forum rule.

I'm getting tired of this fake-user rages all over the forum.

People create a fake user, to back himself up. or to make someone look bad by spamming with several users make it look like the flamed guy really is a bad guy.
Or just having loads of fake users to have it easier to scam without getting caught.

My suggestion is to limit the users, There may only be 1 user per IP address.
Or.. if several users are constantly using same ip and login/out after each other, All users except the top poster, will be removed and the top-poster will take over the posts of all the fake users.

Say for example, Haroo logins and check his pm, and logouts, 2 seconds after he logsout, Majite logins with same ip, flaming in a thread and logout again, and then 2 seconds later Haroo log back in.
If this would be repeated 4(?) times, Majite would be perma banished, and the flaming post he did, will be set like it was made by Haroo.
The example above is LAN-friendly, because that the users must login/out at X time-point, to be detected. on a LAN everyone is most likely online at same time, or login with such a time delay it's not detecting them.

I know 7-8 people now in OTland that se fake users, very easy to lookup actually.
And of my experience the way I detect them, are possible even with a simple PHP script.

Speak your mind AS FAR IT'S RELATED TO THE TOPIC(thought I need to say that to the trolls).

Actually I just sign in with one of the 5 other browsers I have installed to save time (Logging out and back in is really lame man :s)

What about people who have brothers who use OTland? 1 ip per user? fck that.

Back