• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Gilgamach - Mapping Showoff

Gilgamach

Intermediate OT User
Reaction score
I finally managed to update my RME with last summer update sprites and now I can venture into more elaborate work.
I have done several unsuccessful attempts but I want to improve over time.

I observe the work of other Mappers to have inspirations to create my scenarios.
I'm not copying anything completely just some details that I found cool and doing things my own way.

I still have a hard time making nature scenarios where plants, soil, water and others have the least sense.
In the meantime I focus on where I have a little more ease. I'm mapping less than two months and in my spare time I'm doing my best to improve my skills.

1574303592257.png

My works before that can be shown in daylight. The others were too terrible and were wisely discarded.
A renovation of Frodo Tavern in Thais and a home in the scenery of Zao.

1574303978522.png

1574304524392.png

1574304543545.png

1574304621780.png

I also think of taking every map of the Global and making drastic changes in various places.
Renovations of old sites, respawn expansion among others. So many ideas I don't even know where to start. But all in time.

A differentiated roof model that I tested some time ago. It uses only one floor to mount the roof making some central and lateral rows. I only tested with Oramond roofs but it is possible to do with other architectures as well.

Some edges got tricky to do because some part of a roof sprite overlapped the others. I have not been editing for some time because my RME adds everything that maps every time I close it and have and click on all sprites for them to be viewed again.

Meanwhile in my free time I am developing a big city project like never before that would probably be as big as every island of yalahar. In addition I want to make a very significant reform in the global map making improvements.

I have no forecast when I will finish this and I am not in a hurry either, but I hope someday I can present this project here. I'm doing mappings a short time ago and still have a hard time doing nature scenarios and have more ease in cities and the like.

1577831407843.png

I actually liked your first picture. Good placement of interior, good start.

if you would like to improve nature mapping, i suggest you try to map exactly the same as another nature scenario mapyou find here at Mapping Showoff. I recommand you to use Pure RAW ( i saw you used raw) mapping for bordering as you loose control and you won’t obtain certain bordstyles with auto.
Nature is the best way of learning imo, cuz you build everything around it :).

Keep it going!

First I must emphasize that I am a disaster to make nature so I made a small cut. According to this it is a project of mine to create New Bless PvE.

There would be about 5 New Bless, each of them being a different breed from Tibia: Fairies, Anuma (Kilmaresh), Mermaid, Etc. They would be long and quite difficult quests to access these Npcs and after that there would be Bless PvE that they would protect from practically all losses.

When dying for any characteristics other than PvP, Exp losses would be at most 10% of the level itself and Skills 2% of each on the bar at most. Maybe even protect everything if I change my mind.

Anyway I made a draft that would be like Bless by Fey (Fairies). In a Global scenario, I would have to finish all current Feyrist's Quest and do another long and dangerous Fairy Quest to access this Npc.

1581356717662.png
1581356727152.png

I am trying to do a renovation in the city of Thais but still maintaining a good part of the standard architecture. My focus is on changing the old stone walls that I find quite dated and some roofs that I don't like.
Details like the cobblestones of the city and the wooden walls I do not intend to change. Probably adding new houses and doing some other occasional renovations throughout the city. No prediction of when I finish this. Just a Hobby.

1582337945174.png

I am trying to do a renovation in the city of Thais but still maintaining a good part of the standard architecture. My focus is on changing the old stone walls that I find quite dated and some roofs that I don't like.
Details like the cobblestones of the city and the wooden walls I do not intend to change. Probably adding new houses and doing some other occasional renovations throughout the city. No prediction of when I finish this. Just a Hobby.

View attachment 42699
I think that "wall" you used is a door, should try using 25200-25205 instead. there's also a non-broken railing if you'd rather use that (ID 25214-25217).
🤔

Edit: I made a version of my own to show you the difference, I also made it a more symmetrical gate, which is optional :D
zVlBgSp.png

Last edited:
I was duped then. I swore it was a wall. I used the other Wall Sprites to reshape some buildings around there and I wanted some little difference from the walls and gates. And I think I'll have to change the city floor too. As much as I didn't want to change many aspects, the colors are not giving a nice contrast. The wall is too dark and the floor is too light.

I would like to learn how to add sprites in RME to test other architectures but I am terribly Noob for that yet. Also changing the color of some things like that red wall in Venore to gold was really cool. I'll fix this later and also take the opportunity to show you some changes I'm making around. My idea is to make a general overhaul in all Global cities, updating some architectures and Thais should be the city that would have more changes.

Everything is still subject to change. I just don't want to force an extreme reform so that the city doesn't look completely different from before. It would not be the same if all of it were replaced, for example, by Venore's architecture. What I find most complicated at the moment are the roofs. I don't like that standard coverage by Thais and I'm testing something that will make it better but I'm still not exactly satisfied with the results.

1582390812015.png
1582390825906.png

A few more changes, this time at the Castle of Taís. I'm still looking for a floor that I like to change Thais's flooring. Some would be interesting but the color palette would like it to be darker than in the case it would have to be an edited Sprite, which I don't know how to do. In the meantime, I'm doing the basics.

1582503260092.png

can u do any your something ? not fix/modify build... Try do at first time any are with mobs, or maybe city ?
Your work is too simple broo

I have very little time a day to use RME, as I work literally every day. I do it more for Hobby than work and I'm focusing on 2 things at the same time. The first is a reform of the Global Map as I would like it to be. The second is a project of my own that is a little slower but I have already released some examples of things I did there.

I have no prediction of when I'm going to finish them and I don't even care about that. About my own project, not much has been really done about it, but most of the ideas are being developed on paper as the structure of cities, quests and other issues. When I have something more substantial to present I will do that.

This is another of the older things I'm doing that was not in this topic. As is remarkable in the posts above, there are not only renovation sites but some of the buildings that I am doing in my own project. I'm still not good at mapping nature, so most of the images I present are related to architecture. Soon I will show you some other things that I have been doing for some time when I think they are minimally presentable.

1582552668934.png

A Boss room (still subject to some changes). I like this rain of rocks as a background for Otherworld scenarios. The edges are obviously very square / rectangular but that will change over time. It's just an idea to start something. At the moment I'm doing a lot of that in starting to apply some ideas and then refining them.

1582734207892.png

Yes, it's another makeover and I like doing it. This time I added a new Wooden Floor sprite and during the days I will do other tests when I have time and disposition. I have several models of Sprites to apply mainly related to architecture. I had a setback until I managed to put the properties on them but I think now it worked. Everything is still subject to change and I do it more for Hobby than work.

1583204918312.png

This is one of my many ideas that by some miracle today I managed to do something decent. The clouds, however, must be provisional since they were random cuts to make the background of the scenery and need something more refined. This scenario would be the equivalent of a Special Bless after a long and difficult quest. There are at least 4 other segments about this idea and the first one I learned was the Fairies.

1583466883541.png

looking decent :)
But as you said, gotta do something about those clouds. Don't think you'd risk angering that guy in the middle so he'd throw his sword at you :D

I am almost satisfied with this room. My idea of its mechanism is as follows: Upon entering the room you will have 4 pillars to be destroyed. You must take them all to the red and then kill all four of them within 30 seconds or they will all heal completely. Each pillar also has a specific skill: mana drain, life drain, summon and nerf skill.

After destroying the four towers within the given time, you must take the boss to one of the bonfires at the ends of the room, as this is the only way to temporarily remove his invulnerability. After a while the bonfire will lose much of its fire and the boss will be vulnerable again. So I kept going to the other campfires until the previous ones had recovered their fire.

1583543674582.png

New teddies came out today at the Orcsoberfest event at Global. The first line is the 4 of last year and the bottom 2 of this year. The one from Sight of Surrender looked horrible. It was hard to have armor on him as the creature. As for the Sprites on the side, it's a shame that I can't use them in Tibia 12.

Is there a tool in development to add sprites to protocol 12? Finally doing what is possible with what you have. The most recent sprites from Tibia at least from Summer 2018 (Secret Library) to Summer 2019 (Kilmaresh) have yielded a range of new possibilities for use but I would also like to use other Original Sprites.

1584145229428.png

The King of Thais treasure room has only one Royal Helmet in the Global. I felt a moral obligation to make a change in that. I added from Store Items, Fansite and other common items to upgrade this place. I believe it is now more consistent with a King's treasures. Hail the King!

1584499440330.png

For the haters that you say I don't do anything original and I'm just doing renovations, here's the basement of a temple that I did. I have little time to focus on anything and I am doing renovation work from time to time and from time to time something original too.

1585016163881.png

A little of the renovation I am doing in Thais. I plan to take this to other cities as well. As I am working alone on these reforms, it takes a long time. Sometimes I stop them a little to do something original, but most of the focus now is on reforms.

Part 01

1587411764684.png
1587411784790.png
1587411803565.png
1587411822169.png
1587411855307.png
Post automatically merged:

Part 02

1587411951971.png
1587411970709.png
1587411987624.png
1587411997464.png
1587412007359.png

Part 03

1587412061975.png
1587412072390.png
1587412082603.png
1587412092757.png
1587412101155.png

Part 04

1587412137825.png
1587412147416.png
1587412157444.png
1587412187599.png
1587412200989.png

Thinking of doing this would be some kind of Boss open room similar to Inquisition. Using unusual sprites and some even old ones like this stone floor. I hope the final result will be interesting. The complete project should take some time as I am quite busy.

1589901692179.png

Back