• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Global Balance vs Custom?

Otlandserv

Reaction score
Hello members!
What's better for you?
Balance based mostly on magic level as it currently looks on global tibia for a few years? ((level/5) + mlvl * 12)
Or maybe your own old-style balance, where the level had a big impact on the player's power? ((level * 2 + mlvl *3) * X) / ((level * 1 + mlvl *4) * X)

I'm looking for a better solution for custom RPG players.
(Maybe one of you has an old balance that you've been working on and can share it for further modifications?)

Tell us why and which system is better and more attractive?

In my opinion it's better to make a ruler with only the level, without adding a multiplier or magic level or skill. This gives you the ability to set the strength of a given spell at different levels, and each level will add strength, and after literally a few levels the change will be very noticeable. You can make the 100th level hit with a spell for 300, but the 200th level will hit for 600, while the 300th will hit for 900, etc. In my opinion, a great solution because the strength of the spell will be based on the player's level, so each level will have a different force. So low lvl will not be able to compete with the higher ones at all.

In my opinion it's better to make a ruler with only the level, without adding a multiplier or magic level or skill. This gives you the ability to set the strength of a given spell at different levels, and each level will add strength, and after literally a few levels the change will be very noticeable. You can make the 100th level hit with a spell for 300, but the 200th level will hit for 600, while the 300th will hit for 900, etc. In my opinion, a great solution because the strength of the spell will be based on the player's level, so each level will have a different force. So low lvl will not be able to compete with the higher ones at all.

Yes it's true.
The problem arises with low dmg spells.
For example, "Exori Hur" at lvl 200 will beat a minimum of 200 plus the skill and attack of the weapon.

Back