• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Google Chrome Extensions

Sportacus

Intermediate OT User
Reaction score
Just got a new computer, so I have to reinstall everything.

Was wondering what extensions you all use for chrome.

I'm a pretty minimalist person, I only use adblocker, adblocker plus, and system proxy.

I also have donottrackme, maskme, ghostery, avg do no track, and keep my opt-outs.. but I don't really consider these real extensions, as all they do is 'prevent' trackers from tracking what I do online.. but how well they work is almost indeterminable.

So yeah, I guess I already got 'a lot' but all of them pretty much serve the same purpose.. avoid advertising, avoid giving advertising data, and a work around for localization of some website (the proxy thing, it easily lets me save proxies, and switch between them fast)

So what else do you guys use?

Adblock plus is a must of course

Adblock Plus is basically a copy of Adblock(same code and everything with minor changes) with a whitelist. Why would you use that over the original?

Flashblock
Facebook disconnect
Youtube downloader

Here's my list:
  • Tampermonkey - runs some useful scripts
  • Blank Canvas Script Handler - currently turned off, Tampermonkey is growing well, so I don't really need support for GreaseMonkey scripts at this time
  • Center'd - Center the new YT - currently disabled
  • Enhanced Steam - highly recommended if you use Steam
  • Facebook Quick Share - disabled, I should remove this as basically every site has an embedded share function for Facebook and I don't care for it as much any more
  • fbQuickLogin for multiple Facebook™ accounts - disabled, used to use it before Fan pages were set up to manage them quicker
  • goo.gl URL Shortener - rarely used, I don't use Twitter
  • Google Docs - for obvious reasons
  • ITIL Dictionary Tooltips - installed purely just to review and then adapt for users of my ServiceNow instance, but the new SOE uses IE exclusively now, so I need to uninstall
  • ServiceNow - as above
  • Service Now Linker - same as above
  • Language Immersion for Chrome - my Italian was slipping, this helped a bit and I learnt some new words
  • Last.fm Scrobbler - I use output from last.fm to externally perform statistical analyst of my music tastes, this helps with data input
  • TinEye Reverse Image Search - to spot fakes and stolen content easier, Google Search does this too, but the contextual right-click action is handy
  • Sothink Flash Downloader for Chrome - only use this rarely for Flash clips and the like
  • AdBlock - for obvious reasons, I should swap it out for the pro version... I add exceptions to sites I like (Reddit, for example)
  • 4chan Plus - for the rare occasion I check it out
  • Look of Disapproval - two clicks to ಠ▃ಠ
  • reddit companion - alternatively, RES - happy for now though
  • Reddit Enhancement Suite - disabled
  • Turn Off the Lights - this, or a package containing this, is essential!
  • Web Time Tracker - to compare my Reddit to actual work times weekly, I try to keep a 30/70 balance
  • YouTube™ Ratings Preview - currently disabled, I've got enough subs now I don't bother browsing around or use a social media aggreator to take me to good content anyway
TamperMonkey scripts:
  • Some custom ones for testing at work
  • Some custom ones for arcade hacks
  • Others; will update when I get home (Steam Marketplace buyer etc. etc.)

Last edited:
Adblock Plus is basically a copy of Adblock(same code and everything with minor changes) with a whitelist. Why would you use that over the original?
Why not both?

ZK8xRHV.jpg

My list:
Adblock pro - does a good enough job.
bitly - Quick way to create short urls to links, useful on twitter.
Magic Actions for YouTube - A must-have for youtube. I feel videos parse better, no ads encountered (where other adblock programs tend to fail), comments display country flag of poster, and a great visual improvements to videos.
-- Ohh, and auto set desired resolution. Etc 1080p so you dont have to always change it to your prefered quality when you visit a link.

Back