• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Gothic II in Tibia - big project incomming?

themate0

Intermediate OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
Topic has been edited and I will start here from very beginning

I've edited old thread and replaced this with more informations. It is not an advertise, server does not even have its name, domain or starting date.
This is something new and I would like to hear people opinion, since there wasn't any good Gothic OTS that have seen daylight or even started.

XP, loot, skills and so on are 1x rate (everything is custom, monsters, items, spells, skills etc.)
PVP: open NON-PVP and PVP-ENF worlds
Regeneration hp/mp: 0 (custom food based on game)

This is not going to be boring server where you spend 30 minutes to kill 5 rats. Basic movement speed for low lvls will be slightly increased (Cipsoft did this step few years ago, but they completely reworked walking speed ), so game from beginning will be fascinating to people.

Open Beta for players: September 2020
Official server start: 4th quarter of 2020
Server Location: Europe, probably Poland ( I assume majority of players will be from Poland since Gothic was and still is very popular there)
Client version: custom, based on 10.98 + newest/custom sprites
Language: English is going to be main language + planning to add future polish language (translated all items, dialogues, monsters etc. - settable in Client)
Bots/MC: forbidden

Vocations:
Starting game as Guildless (no vocation) that can later join:
  • Militia, then Paladins
  • Mercenaries, then Dragon Hunters
  • Novices, then Fire Mages

Map:
Game will be based on Gothic 2 world, so there will be:
  • Khorinis isle (Khorinis, Onar's farm, Monastery etc.)
  • Valley of Mines (Castle + dragons)
  • Irdorath (final dragon)
  • Jharkendar (Night of the Raven addon - Premium content)
  • Myrtana (Gothic 3 world to continue the game, very big content)
Scroll down to the next posts for screenshots from game.

Shop:
Things that will be buyable for real cash:
- premium, tibia coins (to support server instead black market gold sellers), name change, sex change, addons, house furnitures etc.
Things that never will be buyable for real cash:
- items, skills, statistic/frag/ban removes, vocation change and any other P2W option that can give advantage in game

Benefits of premium:
  • access to Jharkendar
  • green stamina
  • ability to read old stones
  • ability to use beliar runes
  • ability to prey to beliar statue
(basicly everything that comes with Night of the Raven addon)

Magic/Spells:
All Tibia spells and magic have been removed.
Magic has been divided into:
  • scrolls, most of them require 5 mana per use (there are some expections) and they have charges. Anyone can use them.
  • runes, requires a bit more mana than scroll, but they are infinity. They require knowledge of magic circle to use them. (expect teleport runes)
  • instant spells (only Levitate that doesn't require any mana)
New conditions like: stun, root, fear, transformations have been added (more details in further posts)

Spells will be more detailed in further posts.

Learning Points:
Each time you advance to next level, you will get 5 learning points that can be spend on things such as mana, skills, abilities etc.

Skills:
All skills have been modified and renamed but they work very similar to the original one.
Fighting skills like Axe, Sword and Club have been merged and divided into:
  • One-Handed
  • Two-Handed

Distance Skill has been divided into:
  • Bow, bows require dexterity to use
  • Crossbow, crossbows require strength to use

Fishing and Shielding is removed from the game.
Magic Level is without any change to keep mages stronger than other vocations.

New skills have been added:
Strength - this skill is required by weapons to be able to equip them. Also gives bonus cap and increase Critical Damage.
Dexterity - this skill is required by weapons to be able to equip them. Also gives little bonus to walking speed and increase Critical Chance.
Magic Circle - this is required to use runes.

Custom abilities/skills:
Sneak, Pick Locks, Pickpocket, Creature Runes, Alchemy, Forge Weapons and Take Trophies - explained in next post.

TO BE CONTINUED....

Last edited:
Just like you said about Gothic OTS projects:
most of the projects gave up after few days and never seen day light.
Ppl won't be hyped about your project until they see that it won't be abandoned before even starting.
If this thread will be interested by people, I will upload screenshots and reveal some ideas about the server.
So maybe start with screenshots and ideas/systems you got and then see if people are interested ;]

Yeah, you're right, that's exactly what I thought after publishing the thread.
There's a lot of to tell and I will write it in parts.

So... I am planning to make a server that will follow Gothic II system as much as possible and keep it simple.
There are not going to be some custom and imagined vocations like Dark Mage, Bandit, Pirate etc. or items that didn't exist in game.

There are 3 main cities in Khorinis island:
  • Khorinis
  • Monastery
  • Onar's Farm
( map of entire Khorinis Island is completed, Valley of Mines is in progress now)

You start game in Xardas Tower as Guildess (No Vocation), then you make quests and missions like in game to become:
  • Militian, that can advance later to Knight/Paladin (it's same but sometimes different named)
  • Mercenary, that can advance later to Dragon Hunter
  • Novice, that can advance later to Fire Mage

Main game changes:
Every vocation gains 5 hp per level
Every vocation gains 5 cap per level

There's no mana gain per level
Soul points have been removed

Learning points have been added
Every level advance you get 5 LP (learning points) that can be exchanged for things such as mana, skills, abilities etc.

Hit points can be also gained by eating specified herbs and dishes.
Mana points, strenght and dexterity can be gained either by buying them for Learning Points from NPCs or eat specified herbs and dishes.
Fighting skills can be skilled (like in classic Tibia) or bought by Learning Points from NPCs.

Skills have been slightly changed and renamed and they now look like:
Club/Axe/Sword Fighting have been merged and splited into: One-Handed and Two-Handed skill
Distance has been divied into: Bow and Crossbow skill
Fishing and Fist Fighting have been removed
Strength and Dexterity have been added - these are important to equip stronger weapons and hit stronger critical hits/more often

Magic Circle has been added like it was in game. There are 6 circles and they are required to create or use runes.
Remember that, you don't need magic circle to use scrolls but they are required for most of the runes that are infinity - only Fire Mage can learn it.

a2fe25b719fc5911d8fcfc04677a8907.png

Abilities such as: Sneak, Pick Locks, Pickpocket, Creature Runes, Alchemy, Forge Weapons and Take Trophies have been added.
Sneak will be mostly needed for quests
Pick locks to open some chests.
Pickpocket to steal money from NPC and Players. (the higher dexterity you got, better NPCs and Players you can thief)
Creature Runes used by Fire Mages (the higher magic rircle you got, better runes you can create)
Forge Weapons to forge weapon. (there are 13 weapons that can be forged)
Take Trophies to loot value items from npcs. (there are 15 different types to learn like: once you learn how to take furs (requires 5LP) you can loot skins from monsters like: sheep, wolf, boars, troll, black troll and so on )

Food have been reworked and gives you mana/hp instantly after use.

Mechanism such as: stun, root, fear, transformation have been added.

Specified monsters won't attack you when you're transformed into them eg. wolfs and other weak creatures don't attack when you're transformed into the wolf, unless you attack them first. (it has no advantage in game, only different look type and being not hostile against some creatures)

ffcae2e7cd1031d22ab8277e44d55fc8.png

Over 100 scroll and runes have been added according to the game.
a37a6f539ad6d2473a2362a98f0c99ff.png

More information and screenshots in next posts.

Xardas tower, beginning of the game:
28f525cae03df1d6e85d04cc68ed054b.jpg

Lobart farm
7c1c41e9992bba3b44301e9f5e7d96e1.jpg

Inside Khorinis
a7bec81767190d4ea29c9eb322056865.jpg

Lord Andre in Barracks:
d506d6300490337deb18aade6701fac5.jpg

Paladin's Ship in Khorinis
65925a09fc805e27506c83d46a3a10a4.jpg

Way to Monastery
ebe24bf0c17edf6cb63fddeb3cb4b0d8.jpg

Teleport rune to the Monastery
334354ddf44d44e77eebed2717b41bcf.jpg

Undergrounds of Monstery
5933be1c00afc10c57a0be3c5350180f.jpg

Last edited:
Please show mechanics of the Game, I want something different than tibia

This is an interesting concept and I'm looking forward to it, but I have a few concerns about the mechanics:

1. Gothic wasn't meant to be an MMO with infinite character progression, so perhaps it's not a wise idea to copy some of its features.
For example, while having six magic circles in a singleplayer game which ends at some point isn't bad, in an MMO game it would lead to people reaching the maximal circle quite fast and then not being able to progress magic any further.

2. Consumables that increase stats permanently don't sound like a good idea.
If herbs can be used to increase your stats permanently, it'll lead to exponential character progression: Herbs make you stronger and the stronger you are, the less time you have to spend to get another herb.

3. If you combine learning points with classic skill training, you need to do it very carefully.
Probably the best way to approach it is to make it so the skill bonus from spent LPs works exactly like skill bonus from items, i.e. it shouldn't make manual training more difficult.
For example manually training one-handed from 50 to 51 if you've increased one-handed by 10 with LPs should take exactly as much time as manually training from 100 to 101 if you've increased one-handed by 60 with LPs – your "base skill" is 40 in both cases.
Similarly, if skills require more and more LPs to increase, manual training shouldn't affect it. As in, the increase in the LP cost should be based on how many LPs you've spent on this skill so far, and not on what your actual skill is.
Another possibility is to simply remove manual training and rely exclusively on learning points (which is a better idea in my opinion).

Last edited:
Please show mechanics of the Game, I want something different than tibia

I don't think mechanics of the Game will be much different. For now, there are only few new conditions and all magic share same cooldown.

As a big Gothic 1 & 2 fan i'll watch this for sure

I would like to see every Gothic player finishing all chapters on server :)

1. Gothic wasn't meant to be an MMO with infinite character progression, so perhaps it's not a wise idea to copy some of its features.
For example, while having six magic circles in a singleplayer game which ends at some point isn't bad, in an MMO game it would lead to people reaching the maximal circle quite fast and then not being able to progress magic any further.

Having required magic circle allows you to use rune, but to create it, you need to learn specified rune (shortly, spend LP for each rune to create). I'd say reaching last magic circle is beginning of the game, not the end :)

Magic level is still in game, even tho it wasn't in Gothic. This will make mages stronger than other vocations. Keep it mind that anyone can use scrolls which are quite expensive, but only mages can learn magic circles to use runes ( no charges, but requires more mana).

Also monsters have adjusted HP/XP/Loot etc. so they fit more into Tibia.
Weapons have "tibia" statistic, so best weapons have around 50-60 attack, not (150-200 like in Gothic) but they still require same amount of Strenght/Dexterity like in game.

2. Consumables that increase stats permanently don't sound like a good idea.
If herbs can be used to increase your stats permanently, it'll lead to exponential character progression: Herbs make you stronger and the stronger you are, the less time you have to spend to get another herb.

You're right, herbs will increase stats permanently, but there is going to be limit per player like: 1x per herb, 5x per herb or you can use it same time as they existed in game, eg. there was only 6 dragon roots in whole game, you can use it only 6 times. ( I haven't decided yet which option is the best)

Also, all herbs will spawn on map where they were placed in game, but with specified chance and a little bit randomized position - still same place like in game, but once it can be 3 sqms further, other time 5 sqms. The more players online, the bigger spawn chance.

If you want to see some numbers about herbs and amount, here you got a list of herbs that already will spawn in Khorinis Isle, it took me few days to search for all herbs and make code for them :p

The more expensive herb, the lower spawn chance it has.

Legend:
herb name - amount

Blue elder - 51
Dragon Root - 6
Fire Nettle - 41
Fire Root - 14
Fireweed - 27
Goblin Berries - 6
Healing Herb - 46
Healing Root - 11
King's Soler - 10
Meadow Berry - 2
Meadow Knotweed - 37
Snapperweed - 9
Swampweed - 8
Woodland Berry - 7

It's based on this map: http://www.worldofgothic.com/images/g2addonkarten/newworld_herbs.jpg and it was checked & found in game.

3. If you combine learning points with classic skill training, you need to do it very carefully.
Probably the best way to approach it is to make it so the skill bonus from spent LPs works exactly like skill bonus from items, i.e. it shouldn't make manual training more difficult.

For example manually training one-handed from 50 to 51 if you've increased one-handed by 10 with LPs should take exactly as much time as manually training from 100 to 101 if you've increased one-handed by 60 with LPs – your "base skill" is 40 in both cases.
Similarly, if skills require more and more LPs to increase, manual training shouldn't affect it. As in, the increase in the LP cost should be based on how many LPs you've spent on this skill so far, and not on what your actual skill is.
Another possibility is to simply remove manual training and rely exclusively on learning points (which is a better idea in my opinion).

There won't be trainers like they exist on most of the Open Tibia Servers.
It is not possible to train Dexterity or Strength, but all combat skills will be trainable like in Tibia, although I still recommend to spend LP on it.
Keep it mind that the higher skill you got, the more expensive it gets. Price of each skill is calculated same way it was in game. ( 10-30 is 1LP per skill, 30-60 is 2LP per skill, 30-90 is 3LP per skill, 90-130 is 4LP per skill, 130+ is 5LP). Also when you train one skill, the opposite one get "boosted" for free too if there's atleast 30 skills difference between them - like in game.

09d33e52839842654e3dca04670a22c5.png

Thanks for your ideas & opinions, if you have something to share, feel free to post here, I will answer every question.

I better be able to jump off the monastery bridge 😅

Well, for now it's not possible to jump off directly from the bridge, but mountains are designed for climbing up and down using levitate spell to save time and swim towards pyramids etc.

152c278769c9906007cbe7197325e93e.jpg

0a62be83022e9023685a3ffcbf6edc60.jpg

Also to get to the bandits in Khorinis sewers, you have to swim a little bit aswell and of course get the key (permission) to pass the doors :)

c3c14503fe40f540acb33ad7ba92429e.jpg

After unexpected summer break, we're back on the track.

For now, main focus is on the Monastery. Take a look on screenshots if you want to see how it's going :)

How to become a Novice? Bring a sheep and 1000 gold coins.
9edf280ad0a9ff49a07cdcb54317d9c9.jpg

Real quests and dialogues inspired by Gothic.
a5ba1b2f13c6559542bff34045be4d39.jpg

9735be71e24dfe480dbcd4283bc6f256.jpg

More and more NPCs are appearing in Monastery, also some of them talk to each other :)
1bb0ba4fd1e80e01cf1803cb92b8094f.jpg

You can always talk with novices. Also their dialogues depends on your current chapter and stage in game.
acc8d31fcdfdf492c78ef2f665bbb71c.jpg

Isgaroth in temple on the way to the Monastery.
05bedc700819d49108677e4ba333d77c.jpg

Last edited:
Has there been any progress in the last two months? The first post said there'll be an open beta in September, but it's almost November now.

Has there been any progress in the last two months? The first post said there'll be an open beta in September, but it's almost November now.

We decided to add more content and features before releasing first public open beta tests. I hope first players will be able to play in 2020.

hello, please send me a private message. i from poland. i help u in server or i can buy this map.

Hi everyone.

I just want to say that project is still in develop phase and first open beta should be available in 1st quarter of 2021.

The map is getting bigger and bigger and is being modified to be prettier and of course playable. We decided also to add Valley of Mines content before any public release.

Here are some screenshots from Acc maker (not available for everyone yet) and few screenshots from the map.
Keep in mind that most of the tibians graphic will be replaces to fit Gothic one. Acc maker will have cool template aswell, but it's not priority at the moment. We want to focus on the game.

4326b2d58654f503fb0a3856257b9727.jpg

83506867085571d0d11e4f7330c2b321.jpg

61687360c682b95c76164ebded7e1ea0.jpg

6b3e740b5e89d58cba9b556059b44820.png

751c034cd4f883bf99cfee376d7bf5ec.png

9ae28848589841392a759452259c17f1.png

af3a741d9d177ce2948205219fef6258.png

I saw this Tibia Gothic project and I am very happy. The maps are very nice and well mapped. I'm curious about the current work progress. If the project is successful, I will definitely play! I used to try my hand at creating something similar, but typically with a G1 map. I wish you a lot of strength for the project to succeed! I'll be waiting.

May Innos, Adanos and Beliar bless you!

I saw this Tibia Gothic project and I am very happy. The maps are very nice and well mapped. I'm curious about the current work progress. If the project is successful, I will definitely play! I used to try my hand at creating something similar, but typically with a G1 map. I wish you a lot of strength for the project to succeed! I'll be waiting.

May Innos, Adanos and Beliar bless you!
In my opinion Gothic 1 has better story than Gothic 2, but the world there is very small and limited. People would get bored after few weeks.

By making OTS based on Gothic 2, we are able to add new content from NoTR (Night of The Raven addon), upcomming modifications: The History of Khorinis (Dzieje Khorinis in polish), The Chronicles of Myrtana (Kroniki Myrtany in polish) and content from Gothic 3 that's bigger than all previous mentioned.

In my opinion Gothic 1 has better story than Gothic 2, but the world there is very small and limited. People would get bored after few weeks.

By making OTS based on Gothic 2, we are able to add new content from NoTR (Night of The Raven addon), upcomming modifications: The History of Khorinis (Dzieje Khorinis in polish), The Chronicles of Myrtana (Kroniki Myrtany in polish) and content from Gothic 3 that's bigger than all previous mentioned.
how about making tibia in gothic 2 mp mod? xD

Hi folks!

I'd like to say thank you for everyone who patiently waited for some hot news and didn't lose hope.
Although our server is not fully completed yet, the start is really really close.

I want this post to be really short, there won't be any TL;DR, so you guys won't be bored.

The start of the server is planned on 4th quarter this year.
First public beta will be released this month.
Language used on server is English.
Acc maker is not completed yet and will be regulary updated.

We have launched acc maker for the server, the link is: Home Page ~ Gothania.com (https://gothania.com)
Account registration is currently closed - there's few things that need to be sorted out before we release public beta.

We have created Discord Server, the link to join is: Join the Gothania Discord Server! (https://discord.gg/YeA4XAuCuC)
If you don't use Discord, but you want to contact us or ask some questions, check out our contact page: Contact ~ Gothania.com (https://gothania.com/contact.php)

Screenshots from game can be found here: Gallery ~ Gothania.com (https://gothania.com/gallery.php)

About the server.

1) Vocations
Everyone who played Gothic knows that there are 3 main guilds in game: Militians, Mercenaries and Novices.
Later you can get promoted to: Paladins, Dragon Hunters, or Fire Mages.
More detailed informations can be found here: Vocations ~ Gothania.com (https://gothania.com/vocations.php)

2) Map
At this stage, there's only 1 island (Khorinis Island) that contains: Khorinis City, Onar's farm, The Monastery, also Valley of Mines and The Halls of Irdorath.
More details and screenshots about every location can be found here: Gothania.com (https://gothania.com/maps.php)
That's for now enough to finish all 6 chapters and provide really long game play before new content will be added in future.

3) Quests
All quests are based on real Gothic 2 quests. Some got modified to fit Tibia gameplay.
You can read about the quests here: Quests ~ Gothania.com (https://gothania.com/quests.php)
Note that each quest might contain multiple missions, at the moment, there's over 20+ quests that together contain 130+ mission

4) Skills
Skills have been slightly reworked, but they are very simple, especially if you have played Gothic 2 before.
More information about the skills can be found here: Skills ~ Gothania.com (https://gothania.com/skills.php)

5) Magic
Magic has been splited into 6 magic circles, runes and scrolls.
Check out this page to learn more about it: Magic ~ Gothania.com (https://gothania.com/magic.php)

6) Items
Please note that it's not final version of the server and some items are not added yet.
Enter the link for more information about each category of item

Weapons (all kinds of swords, axes, clubs, bows, crossbows, ammunition etc.): Weapons ~ Gothania.com (https://gothania.com/weapons.php)
Magic (scrolls, runes etc.): Magic ~ Gothania.com (https://gothania.com/magic.php)
Equipment (armors, legs, helmets, rings etc.): Equipment ~ Gothania.com (https://gothania.com/equipment.php)
Consumable (food, drinks, potions, herbs etc.): Consumable ~ Gothania.com (https://gothania.com/consumable.php)
Miscellaneous (quest items, valueable items etc.): Gothania.com (https://gothania.com/miscellaneous.php)

7) Monsters
List of all monsters available on server: Monsters ~ Gothania.com (https://gothania.com/monsters.php)
This is the last thing that needs to be balanced before releasing first public beta.
Attacks, defence, armor, protection, xp, hp, loot etc. will be adjusted and balanced.

8) NPCs
There are over 200 NPCs on the server. They are in 90% done, which include: dialogues, trade offers, missions, quests and so on.
Creating these npcs was probably the longest work for this server.
They haven't been described on the acc maker - can't focus on that at the moment, but you have to believe our words, they really exist and work :)

Sprites of monsters, items, buildings etc. will be of course changed with updates :)

Any questions? Feel free to ask.

Last edited:
Back