• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Gothic Online - multiplayer version of your favorite RPG.

Arashel

Stefan the Stormtrooper
Reaction score
Logo_NEW_MSALL.png

http://gothic-online.com.pl/

Gothic Online is another multiplayer client for Gothic 2: Night of the Raven, one of the best hardcore RPGs ever made.
I was part of the G-MP’s community since Jan 2011, with help of few other people We made few official events for dozens of players and at some point I took two years of break. This small “misplaced” story of my G-MP experience is to so apologies for not making any historical prologue about story of that project. I don’t know when or why original 2011’s project fell, but I can just stay that GO was founded by very talented polish guys to continue its legacy and do the justice to the Gothic 2’s fans.

At this point, Gothic Online is still in development cycle with version 0.1b dev 7 released to the public. It is playable. There are some server and there are files to make your own server. Sadly, community of Gothic’s fans aware of existence of that multiplayer is relatively small so don’t expect any big numbers of online people playing it. But, Hey! That’s the point of making that post, right? To advertise GO and make You aware! So be aware and share it with other people!

Now. Let’s take a small brake from my not that much impressive English and look on some screens:
Fotosy1.png
Fotosy3.png
Fotosy4.png
Fotosy6.png

Squirrel. It’s the name of programming language that Gothic Online/GO/G2O utilizes to provide necessary tools for people and their servers. With it You can create proper deathmatch servers, capture the flags servers, zombie horde servers, role-play servers(which were extremely popular). You can add features like placing objects on existing map (so called World Builder, by community) to give your players possibility of claiming part of your team deathmatch server and build their own fort to keep that claimed piece of digital land. Basic files offers the most bacis modes and features like localization of map, choosing animations or appearance of your character or class.
You can visit the forum to find some already existing scripts or to learn how to make new ones, or just to ask why your script doesn’t work.

Fotosy2.png
Fotosy5.png

Make your server pretty! Find some graphic designer or launch GIMP/PS! You can add your own graphics to the game, creating original GUIs and other stuff, which will catch the eye of newcomers and make them stay.

Video example of possibilities:

So please! Visit site. Show your support to the authors and play the game. Gothic need You!

Video and graphical materials are in Polish, because that's the biggest community there. But don't be shy. We need more reasonable people form across the world.
I was involved in "Guilds of Graphic designers" and I was making graphic for other people there. here are some pieces:

guru_Gothic_sig_01.png

ksi_ycoweostrze.png

smok_Gothic_sig_01.png

mieczruniczny.png

baron_Gothic_sig_01.png

uriziel.png

boobs_Gothic_sig_01.png

militia_Gothic_sig_01.png
Check them!

Last edited:
Recently, there was major update to the modification. Author rewirte major portion of code. Strangely it is now 0.0.1/0.0.2 version instead of 0.2 or 0.1b de 7/8 or something similar to previous ones. Check it out! More players interested in that project = faster it will be developed.

Btw. That mod have big potential for RolePlay players who like to become knights/mages/dragon hunters, etc.

Apperently with few new updates they went back to "0.X dev Y" nomenclature xD

FYI: http://gothic-online.com.pl/?p=servers - Here's server list. I'm not sure If those are all of them, because few weeks ago some server didn't appear on this list and were visible from launcher.
For the brave ones who are ready to face Polaks pretending to be stronk kinghts, there is RolePlay server "gothicroleplay.pl" with ~60 players. Which is shitload of people for the reality of Gothic multiplayer.

this is literally equal to some old tibia engines and could be remade into serious rpg servers :D

Nah. Sadly They gave up on that project. They didn't make any substantial project. They have only one actual "programmer". And They never bother to advertise it, so They could gate fame and chance to find new people for this project.
And there is problem of cancer society full of going-throughout-puberty polish kids who know everything about anything and refuse any changes to anything.
I wrote that topic almost one year ago, when there was some chances of progress. But it will not happen. Gothic community is dead and game is to old to appeal to younger people who weren't old enough to play Gothic 1 / Gothic 2 at release.

Mods, You can close that topic or something.

Back