• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

graphic card

Mystix421

Intermediate OT User
Reaction score
My graphic card overheats so my computer shuts down when I run Tibia, one of my computer fan that is under the graphic card is not working and i'm to lazy to get a new one. any program or option on Tibia I can use to get the minimum pressure on the graphic card?

yeah, stop being lazy, dust your computer and fix that fan..
it will be a lot cheaper, than if you accidentally fry your computer because you're lazy.

As OpenTibiaServer said, try to fix the fan.
Else you can try to lower the fps to 60~ in graphics options i think that wont make the gpu work as hard as it would on max fps

I can't believe you're asking for help just because you're too lazy to solve the problem yourself... Jeez..

yeah, stop being lazy, dust your computer and fix that fan..
it will be a lot cheaper, than if you accidentally fry your computer because you're lazy.
I'm going to get a new computer sooner or later anyways, so i dont really care, just want to be able to play tibia in between without worrying about computer shuttin down while i hunt or pk

As OpenTibiaServer said, try to fix the fan.
Else you can try to lower the fps to 60~ in graphics options i think that wont make the gpu work as hard as it would on max fps
Thanks, I will try that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to get a new computer sooner or later anyways, so i dont really care, just want to be able to play tibia in between without worrying about computer shuttin down while i hunt or pk
Tibia is not even a gpu based game only if u run like DX9 with unlimited FPS then maybe ur gpu freak out. Just put it on 60 fps

Tibia is not even a gpu based game only if u run like DX9 with unlimited FPS then maybe ur gpu freak out. Just put it on 60 fps
Well i remember back in the days, when i hade graphics options set to max while on login screen (1000+ fps) my graphics card would make a high pitch sound.
Thats why i thought the gpu where working hard.
Cant remember if i was using opengl or dx9, but i guess it was dx9.

Well i remember back in the days, when i hade graphics options set to max while on login screen (1000+ fps) my graphics card would make a high pitch sound.
Thats why i thought the gpu where working hard.
Cant remember if i was using opengl or dx9, but i guess it was dx9.
It's called coilwhine.

Go into graphic settings on your tibia client and limit the framerate to 60. You are probably burning that card on 150+ fps which is completely uneccesary.

Go into graphic settings on your tibia client and limit the framerate to 60. You are probably burning that card on 150+ fps which is completely uneccesary.
10 would even be fine :p

I've it limited at 30 tho.

Back